T-Peos Appreciation and Discussion Thread (updated with new Altone Series)
Apr 18, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #106 of 127
What the heck is happening with the T-Peos Altone 250 and 350? No information on it other than a few korean sites. Is it currently for sale?

I'm actually more interested in the 250 because it doesn't use the TWFK yet is still a hybrid Knowles BA + Dynamic. Hopefully, it won't be bright because the ER-4PT and HF5 aren't without the 75 ohm resistor.

T-Peos really should invest in making DC jacks where the housing isn't so long. The visual aesthetic also looks like it was cobbled together in a DIY store.

Dostory the ebay seller seems to be the only one selling them.

Altone 250

Altone 350

T-Peos Altone 250 Official Page

T-Peos Altone 350 Official Page

Altone 250

Altone 350

Altone 350 from Seeko

More information:

BA driver used is Knowles FK-26260-000. Tech sheet is here. The electrical impedance on the the tech sheet is saying 240 ohms at 1Khz but it's highly unlikely T-Peos would use that in an IEM. Perhaps they use a version with a different impedance.

Altone 250 Frequency Response - I don't know if this is compensated or raw. I suspect they are raw as this one was.

I adjusted the scales to compare the 200 and 250. The Altone 200 graph is from here. You can see the Altone 250 has a 13dB bass boost at 100Hz and a 19dB bass boost at 20Hz which is in my opinion excessive. The upper mids are slightly boosted and the treble is slightly lower which is an improvement over the overly bright TWFK but the 7Khz spike is still too high. It's a shame that the bass boost is so excessive because it moves from a warmer, funner sound that is still close enough to "neutral" and ends up pushing it firmly into the domain of bass heads.

Note that these graphs are raw and have not been compensated for the ear canal so don't start comparing them to graphs that have been compensated or expecting too see a flat line because a flat raw frequency response will not be as you hear it.

This is what "flat" looks like as an uncompensated "raw" frequency response. Below 1Khz the line should be flat to match the Olive-Welti Diffuse Field Target Curve but people do prefer a bass boost below 200Hz as the Harman-Karden Preferred Target Curve showed.

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #107 of 127
yeh, i'm curious about them too, but they're asking almost $400 for the h350.  with the dn1000, dn2000, and a83 out there for much cheaper, that's a tough sell.

the h250 are more like the h100 as it is a single ba + dynamic.  there is some talk about those in this thread. 

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #108 of 127
Originally Posted by luberconn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeh, i'm curious about them too, but they're asking almost $400 for the h350.  with the dn1000, dn2000, and a83 out there for much cheaper, that's a tough sell.

the h250 are more like the h100 as it is a single ba + dynamic.  there is some talk about those in this thread. 

Read my previous post again. I have added more information.

Apr 22, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #109 of 127
  I just got the T-Peos Rich300 that I ordered on ebay a few weeks back.  I think it's a new product from them, and my first from this Korean company.
I will burn them in a little and do some tip rolling, but out of the box, I like them.  They seem like a nice budget iem offering.How d

How good (or bad) do you find these after all? Just wondering. Seem like a nice budget option with solid build quality.

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #110 of 127
I like them.  They have a powerful and somewhat clean bass with nice treble.  V shape.  Mids are ok, even though slightly recessed, logically.

The build and quality feels awesome.  The shell are aluminium or metal alloy and they feel really solid and relatively light.  Flat cable and mic are very good also.  Nice construction and attention here for the price.

Still, I am selling these.  I have too many iems for my taste and my budget and I simply don't use them + want to upgrade my stuff.  But I strongly recommend them to anyone who's searching for a bass kicking, still with great details and sound + great build quality at around the price of 50$.

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #111 of 127
  I like them.  They have a powerful and somewhat clean bass with nice treble.  V shape.  Mids are ok, even though slightly recessed, logically.

The build and quality feels awesome.  The shell are aluminium or metal alloy and they feel really solid and relatively light.  Flat cable and mic are very good also.  Nice construction and attention here for the price.

Still, I am selling these.  I have too many iems for my taste and my budget and I simply don't use them + want to upgrade my stuff.  But I strongly recommend them to anyone who's searching for a bass kicking, still with great details and sound + great build quality at around the price of 50$.

Thank you very much. I'm considering getting them to make present to a good friend. The good construction and the fun sound are very good factors one has to consider.
Does the mic/control work with Android devices?

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #113 of 127
Just had the Altone 350s for a couple of days here. Very lush, rich SQ. Bit on the warm side. Found them very natural sounding, but a touch bass-heavy for my tastes. Overall very pleasant to listen to, and totally non-fatiguing. Good instrumental separation and clarity, with dynamic, spacious feel to music.

The housing cylinder of the 350 is on the big side (fairly wide and long). I had to fiddle with them a bit to get a comfortable fit as I tended to insert them too deep, which then caused vacuum issues in my ear canals. When I had them in a good listening position, I found the housing stuck out a bit, which made the cables flap about and not stay behind my ears, even with the provided ear wraps (there's no cinch to help keep the cables tight around the ears).

Build quality is great on these. Cable seems sturdy, as are strain reliefs. Really like the long plug-in style for the cable detachment... These are really solid, and I don't imagine they'll break down easily or have connection issues.

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #114 of 127

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #116 of 127
I own the A83, but have never owned any of the Altone products. As a Korean, I feel compelled to buy one. So far, I've never really been drawn to the Altone products as I've felt that they're somewhat inferior to the best that China currently has to offer such as the DN2000 or the A83. But from what I've read so far, the new Altone 350 seem to be a great pair of IEMs. They're available here in Korea for FAR LESS than what you are paying Stateside. I saw one ebay listing for 370+ dollars. It's a mere 250 here, and that isn't even the cheapest seller. But there is currently a special going on right now where you can purchase the Altone 350 and receive an Altone 150 as a free gift. So tempted! 

There is also a deal going on wherein owners of the H300 can trade in their IEMs for the Altone 350 + 160 dollars. 

Any more impressions and comparisons for the Altone 350 would be much appreciated. 

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #117 of 127
I own the A83, but have never owned any of the Altone products. As a Korean, I feel compelled to buy one. So far, I've never really been drawn to the Altone products as I've felt that they're somewhat inferior to the best that China currently has to offer such as the DN2000 or the A83. But from what I've read so far, the new Altone 350 seem to be a great pair of IEMs. They're available here in Korea for FAR LESS than what you are paying Stateside. I saw one ebay listing for 370+ dollars. It's a mere 250 here, and that isn't even the cheapest seller. But there is currently a special going on right now where you can purchase the Altone 350 and receive an Altone 150 as a free gift. So tempted! 

There is also a deal going on wherein owners of the H300 can trade in their IEMs for the Altone 350 + 160 dollars. 

Any more impressions and comparisons for the Altone 350 would be much appreciated. 

Oh wow, where's that deal at? I'm sure I'd lose more money than just selling them and buying the 350 but that takes away a lot of the hassle. Thing is, I'd reckon they don't sound $150 better than the H-300.

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #118 of 127
I can't comment on the sound of the Altone 350 and the H300 as I have never even laid eyes on them. But, if you do own a pair of the H300 and would like an upgrade to the Altone 350, then you're in luck as the switch is much easier. 

The deals are available on Korean shopping sites and the exchange offer is available on the Korean Altone website. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back