T-PEOS Altone250 U.S. Tour & Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #106 of 153
Alex was kind enough to loan me the baguette and altone 350, and I already had the altone 150 and altone 200. When the altone 250 comes in I will have every altone model and I plan on doing a comparison of all of them.

Boom

Cool. When all is said and done, I'll have heard all the hybrid Altones (A200, A250, A350). Haven't heard anything about an A150 tour. Maybe one of the lucky owners will set something up? Hmm?

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #107 of 153
Cool. When all is said and done, I'll have heard all the hybrid Altones (A200, A250, A350). Haven't heard anything about an A150 tour. Maybe one of the lucky owners will set something up? Hmm?
I tell you what... How about I include it with the upcoming budget fi Labster tour? I'm sure you'll be in on that one.

What's up with the 250 btw? This thread is really quiet

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #108 of 153
I tell you what... How about I include it with the upcoming budget fi Labster tour? I'm sure you'll be in on that one.

That sounds good. I'd like to hear A150 :)

A250 left faithguy19 and are now with Carlsan.

faithguy19 should have a review up soon. Right faithguy19?

How about you Ivabign? Can you please take a bit of time to post a quick review or impressions?

Jun 18, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #111 of 153
Yes, listening to them right now, as I type this, so far impressed. They are a step or two up from the H-150, which I had the pleasure of auditioning a few months ago, impressions/brief review of which will be posted soon, I spent a few weeks with those and have my notes to compare to.
Still to early to give more detail, as I still have to compare to the earphones I have on hand, and to the Altone 200, which is somewhere in my collection.

Jun 18, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #112 of 153
Yes, listening to them right now, as I type this, so far impressed. They are a step or two up from the H-150, which I had the pleasure of auditioning a few months ago, impressions/brief review of which will be posted soon, I spent a few weeks with those and have my notes to compare to.
Still to early to give more detail, as I still have to compare to the earphones I have on hand, and to the Altone 200, which is somewhere in my collection.

Curious to see how you think they stack up against the Altone Classics (A200)...

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #117 of 153
These arrived last night.

I played these today for about 2 or 3 hours on the porch after golfing.

These were played on my X3 Gen II on a wide variety or rock and jazz. A mixture of my more hi res sources and some low res.

My initial impression is that on the positive side they have a wide open soundstage.

On the downside, I definitely agree with the comment that the sound spectrum has a V-Shape. On a few recordings, the high -end (treble) is just too much. Almost harsh. The bass is turned up one notch too much for my tastes also.

I feel that if the designers had gone for a more even sound spectrum these could have been knockouts due to the impressive bass capability and the soundstage. But I could not see listening to these as they are for extended periods of time.

I am leaning to cutting my demo period short and sending these on to the next person in about three days after taking a few photos and writing a brief review.

If could mess with foamies, but I am not sure it will be worth it. I doubt any amount of monkeying will make me happy with their sound signature.

Hisoundfi can you PM me with your info?

Jun 27, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #118 of 153
So, any initial thoughts? Hmm?

Wishing I had these to test bass vs. the new RHA T20 :frowning2:

I think the RHAs win in mids & treble, but I'd be curious to see how the A250 bass stacks up...

Better yet, I wish I had the Cayin N6 + A350 tour units to test against the various Amps, DACs, and DAPs + T20 I've got on-hand right now :L3000:

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #119 of 153
Nick,

Was your initial thought question aimed at me?  If so, I think you could gather that these headphones definitely do not float my boat. 

I think that maybe Altone should consider what other vendors do and provide some filters that allow users to modify the sound signature.  If the treble could be tamed a lot and the bass tamed a little, you might having something here.

The bass does have an effortless quality, and the soundstage is great.  But the harsh treble on some cuts reminds me of fingernails on chalk boards.

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #120 of 153
Nick,

Was your initial thought question aimed at me?  If so, I think you could gather that these headphones definitely do not float my boat. 

I think that maybe Altone should consider what other vendors do and provide some filters that allow users to modify the sound signature.  If the treble could be tamed a lot and the bass tamed a little, you might having something here.

The bass does have an effortless quality, and the soundstage is great.  But the harsh treble on some cuts reminds me of fingernails on chalk boards.

Yup, it was aimed at you :wink_face:

We all have differing opinions, which is great!

I found the mid-bass a bit bloated but easily tamed with EQ. The treble didn't really bother me at all. I found the soundstage adequate but not spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back