T-PEOS Altone250 U.S. Tour & Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #136 of 153
I did a little eq adjustment, much similar to the dgs100, and I'm enjoying the hell out of these. Stock form is way too much midbass, but something along these lines and they sound phenomenal.

What I grapple with is how noticeable the v shape response is on these headphones. It is something of a statement.

Surprise you did not taper the high end also

Jul 7, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #137 of 153
I did a little eq adjustment, much similar to the dgs100, and I'm enjoying the hell out of these. Stock form is way too much midbass, but something along these lines and they sound phenomenal.

What I grapple with is how noticeable the v shape response is on these headphones. It is something of a statement.

Hisoundfi: Yes, drop the mid to upper bass a bit, and they sound much, much better.

originalsnuffy: I didn't find the need to EQ down the treble, either. We all have our personal preferences and sensitivities.

Jul 9, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #138 of 153
@Hisoundfi: Yes, drop the mid to upper bass a bit, and they sound much, much better.

@originalsnuffy: I didn't find the need to EQ down the treble, either. We all have our personal preferences and sensitivities.

I like the treble on these. Ditto on EQing down the bass. Holds true for the whole Altone X50 line.

Jul 9, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #139 of 153

I really like the treble on these. It's crisp, but if you think these are harsh they are less than the Altone 350.

Jul 10, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #141 of 153
Any Canadians wanting to try these out, I'm starting a Canada tour shortly. If you're interested in participating, you can register your interest HERE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back