T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Aug 31, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #781 of 1,424
My set is one of the pre-order batch and I must report here that there is nothing wrong with it.

Just wanted to inform you guys that not all of the first batch without the chin slider were defective.

And as per H2O all the subsequent batches have been rectified so the no bass issue has been addressed.

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #782 of 1,424
I'm looking for some ear tips, which provide better sealing, since I use the Altone 200 mainly OTG.
Preferably double or tripple flanges with a wide bore, at least 4 mm wide. The stock ones should be around 4-5 mm.
The Meelec doubly flanges won't work, cause the bore (3,5 mm) is a little bit too small.
Could a Yamaha Eph-100 owner check if the tips work on the Altone 200?

Thanks

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #783 of 1,424

The Meelec doubly flanges won't work, cause the bore (3,5 mm) is a little bit too small.

You can use the silicon sleeve underneath any comply tips (tear the foam off); insert them first on the Altone.
Then you can use the Meelec double flange tips and they will be tight enough to hold its position.

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #784 of 1,424

You can use the silicon sleeve underneath any comply tips (tear the foam off); insert them first on the Altone.
Then you can use the Meelec double flange tips and they will be tight enough to hold its position.

You probably misread, I mean that the bore is too small, not too big.
BTW it often sound weird when you use a tip with a smaller bore than the nozzle of the IEM, as you probably know it will change the characteristic of the sound.  

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #785 of 1,424
  You probably misread, I mean that the bore is too small, not too big.
BTW it often sound weird when you use a tip with a smaller bore than the nozzle of the IEM, as you probably know it will change the characteristic of the sound.

Sorry... 'totally misread.
I automatically assumed because I have Meelec M9 double flange tips and the bores are bigger.

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #789 of 1,424
They are incredibly clear and detailed. Bass is punchy and fast and strong.

I have been following your foot-steps for TTPOD and Havi B3, so no reason not to believe you this time. :wink:

This TPEOS Altone 200 is gonna be my first hybrid. I thought about Sidy DGS100 but then I realized it is just a 2-way hybrid and I worried that later I would be tormented by my own monkey mind again to go for a 3-way hybrid, so that's why I go for this 3-way hybrid: Altone 200.  Besides I really love Koreans. :)

Aug 31, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #790 of 1,424
  Could you please double check the size, preferably measure the bore (opening of the ear tip). I've read somewhere that it is 3.5mm wide.

I'll get back to you on that... still at work.

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #791 of 1,424
Ok. Weird issue with my replacement pair of Altones. I was getting a lot of resonance in the left earpiece when adjusting fit/position or opening/closing my mouth. No resonance was detected in the right earpiece when adjusting fit/position or opening/closing my mouth. I finally narrowed this down to the blue strain relief. I think it was not quite in the correct position. Pushing/twisting it against the earpiece housing seems to have fixed the issue. If it starts back up, I think I'm going to contact T-PEOS for another replacement pair. Has anyone else had this issue?

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #792 of 1,424
I believe my pair was perfectly fine. But I found the bass not adequate for my tastes, so I returned them to upgrade to the H300. Several people reported that the main difference between the Altones and the H300 was the bass. I'll report back once I receive the H300's.

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #793 of 1,424
  I'm looking for some ear tips, which provide better sealing, since I use the Altone 200 mainly OTG.
Preferably double or tripple flanges with a wide bore, at least 4 mm wide. The stock ones should be around 4-5 mm.
Could a Yamaha Eph-100 owner check if the tips work on the Altone 200?

Thanks

EPH-100 tips are wider than needed for altones. They will easily get apart in your ears. You can however mod the nozzle with a discrete piece of tape to make it ticker and the tips will fit tightly.
 **Warning** they'll look like elephants 
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #794 of 1,424
EPH-100 tips are wider than needed for altones. They will easily get apart in your ears. You can however mod the nozzle with a discrete piece of tape to make it ticker and the tips will fit tightly.
 **Warning** they'll look like elephants :p

Thanks for the info :)
Sounds really funny, could you post a pic of it?
Do you get a better isolation with this tips?

Sep 1, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #795 of 1,424
  Could you please double check the size, preferably measure the bore (opening of the ear tip). I've read somewhere that it is 3.5mm wide.

I've measured them and the bore is 4mm wide... probably because they've been stretched out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back