T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Aug 29, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #766 of 1,424
For what it is worth, I bought a pair of the Altone 200's post pre-buy.  I have been using them the past 3-weeks and have not had any problems.  I actually prefer the Altones to my Dunu 1000's and ATM-70's.  YMMV.  I enjoy the detailed presentation of the Altone's and find the bass adequate--not too pronounced or lacking.  Cheers!

Aug 29, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #767 of 1,424

I read the OP and ALL of the linked reviews and subsequently placed an order. Next I jumped to page 51 of this thread and started to read that some units are cutting out on one side.

It would be good if the OP also made mention of the problem with one side cutting out on some units. I've asked them to cancel my order for now until they can assure me this problem is totally resolved. I wish I'd know about this intermittent defect before placing the order. Thanks for considering my request.

As far as I know, there is only one user who has mentioned cutting out problems.  I have 2 pairs, and both have been perfect from day 1.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #768 of 1,424

As far as I know, there is only one user who has mentioned cutting out problems.  I have 2 pairs, and both have been perfect from day 1.

I found these three posts in about three minutes of looking. They all seemed to have the same issue. Maybe I'm over reacting but I don't want to be shipping defective product back to Korea. Glad that yours are defect free. Wish I could feel confident about getting the same.

post 739 svyr
post 740 arcticjoe
post 729 brrenters

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #769 of 1,424
It's not my job to log every single problem a member has with thier Altone200, as you can understand its quite time consuming. I'm becoming tired as it is repeatedly explaining over and over again the bass defect has been solved and going unnoticed.

There's a thread here with pages in it. Read them.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #770 of 1,424

I found these three posts in about three minutes of looking. They all seemed to have the same issue. Maybe I'm over reacting but I don't want to be shipping defective product back to Korea. Glad that yours are defect free. Wish I could feel confident about getting the same.

post 739 svyr
post 740 arcticjoe
post 729 brrenters

Sorry didn't see those others.  Again - though, seems to be an exception rather than the norm.  Anyway - your call if you decide to purchase something different.  All I can relate is my own experience - and with 2/2 pairs, no defects, exceptional sound, fantastic price (for a triple hybrid).

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #771 of 1,424
I can tell you the other night I went to lay down while wearing Altone and tripped up the cable so hard it yanked the earpiece out of my ear at a force I really thought itripped the housing off the cable, I mean it was full on. Yet, nothing happened. Out of the 100 pre orders sold (and counting) three cases of cable issue isn't too bad.

But do as you please.....

*Goodbye Altone thread*

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #776 of 1,424
Somewhere between California and Korea.  USPS tracking is worthless, all I know is that they left Goleta on 8/12.  I'm having them checked out just to make sure all is well with them (I expect it is).  So many people had so many comments that I thought that having the factory check them out made sense.  Though now I wish I'd used a faster (more expensive) carrier.

Aug 30, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #778 of 1,424
Right now I'm more focused on them getting there!
gs1000.gif

Aug 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #779 of 1,424
I love my altone200. They are in my top 5. Customer service is top notch and I am very glad I purchased mine.

You guys have convinced me to retract my cancellation. Also sunggoo kwon assures me that the "cutting out" problem has been corrected so that is reassuring.

Sorry I ticked off H2O...guess I hit a sore spot. I really appreciate his expert contributions here.

Aug 30, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #780 of 1,424
Hi Guys,

I got a set of Altone last week and I had to lodge a complaint to them immediately as I thought I am getting some slight distortion at the lower frequency on one side of the phone. I am reading too much in the forum and it made me believe that the earphone is flawed even before I receive it. T-peos immediately asked that I send in my unit for a check. I refused. I let the phones burn in nicely and now I conclude that it wasn't the phones, it is with the recording of the track. I am hearing things that I didn't know existed and the Altone just bring them out so effortlessly. The clarity and seperation of this of phones is really phenomenal and they really punches above their price and I highly recommend them. The only issue now is I can't stop listening to them. Thank t-peos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back