T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Aug 4, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #616 of 1,424
Pleased to see that impressions by H20 and myself are now being mirrored with the replacement units.  Enjoy them lads. 
My apologies if I was a smart arse in earlier posts. I was merely posting impressions on what I was hearing, which was a defective dynamic driver. Listening to Random Access Memories by Daft Punk, and loving every second of it. Cheers friend, sorry for the misunderstanding or misinterpretations

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #617 of 1,424
My apologies if I was a smart arse in earlier posts. I was merely posting impressions on what I was hearing, which was a defective dynamic driver. Listening to Random Access Memories by Daft Punk, and loving every second of it. Cheers friend, sorry for the misunderstanding or misinterpretations

It definitely isn't your fault, since there were 12 defective ones out of 100 preorders.

Aug 4, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #618 of 1,424

No apologies necessary.  I'm genuinely pleased you guys are now able to finally enjoy what Luke and I have been hearing 
beerchug.gif

Hopefully everyone else now has a more positive experience with the Altones.

Aug 4, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #619 of 1,424
My Altone 200 pre order set now have over 80 hours on them.  They do not appear to have any issues with sound quality.  However, after reading that newer sets have a cinch on the cable I must say that the wire they use and lack of cinch on my set is a real PITA.  Had to rig a cinch to be able to use them over the ear.  As good as they sound the cable/lack of cinch lowers their usability for me.

Aug 4, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #620 of 1,424
  My Altone 200 pre order set now have over 80 hours on them.  They do not appear to have any issues with sound quality.  However, after reading that newer sets have a cinch on the cable I must say that the wire they use and lack of cinch on my set is a real PITA.  Had to rig a cinch to be able to use them over the ear.  As good as they sound the cable/lack of cinch lowers their usability for me.

Similar experience here RE cinch (assume that is referring to the chin slider thingy), but since most of my usage is at home, work and on the bus (i.e., not moving around much), it's not exactly a deal breaker. I'm about 80% sure I have a good set and that my other IEM's just have more bass (TF-10, XBA-H3) which makes me feel like these haven't got much. I've emailed Sunggoo anyway though, to see what he says, as I'd hate to miss out.

Either way, I'm loving the Altone200's to bits. Changed tips to the small Sony foam stuffed hybrids, and they are exceedingly comfortable now (the Monster supertips were a bit stiff and putting pressure on my ear causing discomfort with longer sessions - but they work very well with the TF-10). In the quiet of my office, the SQ is amazing, though the rumble of a bus in motion is nearly impossible to isolate, and kills most of the lower mid/bass.

Aug 4, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #622 of 1,424
So,  my replacement Altone 200 most definitely has more bass (especially sub-bass) than the first one. And the highs seem to be a bit brighter, but not too bright. I hear more clarity and instrument separation. The sound is fuller than the first one. And there's a chin slider with a better feeling cable. So I think T-Peos has been reading and tweaking this product.  The bass is glorious now and makes the head phone sound like a vintage hi-fi system with wonderful refinement. The clarity is not on the level of the Doppios, but I have started the burn-in process. I believe more clarity will come out of this earphone, but it's not far off. Clearly one of the best values of any earphone under $150. This is a winner (using stock blueish transparent tips with red insides. 

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #624 of 1,424
Attention fellow Altoneans, this is a public service announcement provide to you by our grand sponsors;

Hi-fi Hat's: The last degree of manhood
Manhood attainment not guaranteed.

and

AJ Solace R'Us: Where happiness is found
Poor people need not apply.

The US has been home to quite a large number of tours. Many a iem's have grown and died here. From star shining fame to soul crushing abandonment, we have been known as hard yet just rulers of our lands. To weed out the bad and assist the good is a motto many here would love subscribing to, and so they do. However, as has been shown time and time again, one mans good can be another's OK(I'm looking at you bass). A failure of prosecution... I mean perception some would say, training and knowledge perhaps.

Whatever the case, let us move on to the meat of this message. Today, at this very moment, as we speak, a package of justice is nearing its last stages of preparation. This package, as it lays, sitting ontop of my desk, seeking redemption, is a package that embodies the fruendship and trust we all admire.

It is, to no larger degree then a smudge, representative of a culture, a people, that need not be reminded how amazing and caring it is to share. And share we will gentlemen.

Announce here first, exclusively to us, by me(ignore H20's tour reference), the Altone will take part in a most amusing adventure. Across the freedom loving planes of California, through the eagle training camps of Texas, and beyound!

*Insert feels here*

The Altone will see face with great peeps from all walks of life. From the parody loving bouncer by night, loving father by day, Sir ShotGunShane, to the masterful poet Vwinter McLovin the 3rd, a great future is upon us.

Rejoice comrades for I have walked the valley of death and reached the other side! It is *good! 2pac is here. There iz cake.
*Maybe...

*insert outro dubstep here*

Nekomimi.gif

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #625 of 1,424
Is the adventure fully booked?

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #626 of 1,424
I can squeeze you in for a small fee of two DigiHugs™ :yum:

PM my face.

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #627 of 1,424
I can squeeze you in for a small fee of two DigiHugs™ :yum:

PM my face.

No. Pazuzu is not welcome on the tour. No demon lords or girls allowed

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #628 of 1,424
Demon.... Girl... Hell yeah!

Pff. Fruendship knowns no bounds my good Idsynchrono_24's, BEHOLD!

[VIDEO]
http://youtu.be/D85yrIgA4Nk
[/VIDEO]

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #629 of 1,424
That's almost as bad as a world without lawyers

tumblr_ltbtgjU70B1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back