T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Aug 4, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #606 of 1,424
  So I have Altone for few days, put over 70 hours of burn in on them and still I'm not sure if I have alright model or bassless one. I compared them to my other IEMs. Compared to Noble 4, Altone has more impact, but overall quantity of bass doesnt seem to be much more bigger. My pair or Tenore has significantly more bass than Altone.

What do you think?

Tenore is known to have more sub-bass than Altone

Aug 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #607 of 1,424
Aug 4, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #608 of 1,424
  Currently waiting for my altones to be shipped to me, whilst waiting, was wondering, whats the size for the tips? I plan to get a couple of complys or foam tips.

Yes...what's the consensus on the best tips for these? I have heard tx-400 but would like to know what everyone feels are the best for these. My initial impressions (haven't had a lot of time lately):
Now this is just in comparison to the TF10's I had. I think the Altone's are brighter, but I feel that separation is better between instruments and the base is tighter and a bit clearer. The mids are slightly recessed in comparison (which I like). I know not like some of the others as I am not an audiophile. Bottom line, I think these are a steal for what you pay vs sound quality and I do think they sound better than the TF10's.

Aug 4, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #609 of 1,424
But ya raised my enjoyment meter so I'll call that a win :wink:

Just got the packaged and noticed some differences with the cable and packaging. Sound is on hiatus till later.

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #610 of 1,424
New one in.  Different cable I think. Great instrument separation. Bass is nice and north or neutral. More later.

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #612 of 1,424
The earpieces were very clean this time around. What I meant by a cable difference is the fact this pair has a chin slider where my first pair didn't.

On the metal Y split cylinder, "MADE IN KOREA" is printed bottom to top on replacement. Top to bottom on original.

The replacements box also doesn't have "ADAPTOR: 6.5mm" crossed out.

Listening to:

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #613 of 1,424
My replacement altone200 sounds completely ddifferent, and much more along the lines in joker's review.

Bass is stronger and goes lower than the first set. A nice v signature with slightly dry mids and crisp and sharp treble. Way more fullness and timbre than the last set.

If you are questioning if you got a bass light pair, like the SUB BASS is lacking or missing completely, you have a defective pair my friend. Send them back and get what you are supposed to be hearing.

I'm loving these things now.

Cheers

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #614 of 1,424
Pleased to see that impressions by H20 and myself are now being mirrored with the replacement units.  Enjoy them lads. 

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #615 of 1,424
The earpieces were very clean this time around. What I meant by a cable difference is the fact this pair has a chin slider where my first pair didn't.

On the metal Y split cylinder, "MADE IN KOREA" is printed bottom to top on replacement. Top to bottom on original.

The replacements box also doesn't have "ADAPTOR: 6.5mm" crossed out.

Listening to:

My replacement altone200 sounds completely ddifferent, and much more along the lines in joker's review.

Bass is stronger and goes lower than the first set. A nice v signature with slightly dry mids and crisp and sharp treble. Way more fullness and timbre than the last set.

If you are questioning if you got a bass light pair, like the SUB BASS is lacking or missing completely, you have a defective pair my friend. Send them back and get what you are supposed to be hearing.

I'm loving these things now.

Cheers

Well now I'm seriously considering asking for a swap, my pair is like your first one @UnityIsPower, and last night I did some A/B testing and compared to my TF-10's my Altone200's have much less bass - and with @Hisoundfi's comment there, I'm really starting to think that whatever change in wiring T-Peos did is making a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back