T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Sep 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #886 of 1,424
The intro try-out price for preorders was $125 with $20 shipping.  That got them word of mouth.  After preorders closed, and it was available to all through T-Peos only, it was raised to $145 with $20 shipping (which is what I paid for it).  Now it will be released to retailers at a higher price so that T-Peos can make money on it by selling it that way.  They told me that the cost-per-unit price was so close to the sales point that they couldn't afford to let 2nd-party sellers have it at that price.  So now it is more generally available, albeit at a higher price point.  Still a few bucks cheaper than the Dunu 1000, which I also have.  I think it is the better iem, but tastes vary.  Realistically, it's now at a good price point in relation to other iems of its quality or higher (certainly a deal at <$200).  H2O told me that it was better than some much more expensive iems he's tried, and I believe him.  Sorry you missed the cheaper prices (sorry I missed the cheapest one!) but this is still a good deal.  

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #887 of 1,424
I'll have my second pair (the ones I purchased) up for sale soon (and they'll reflect the price I paid for them). Unfortunately need to free up some cash. Would be hanging onto them - but the Fidue A83 get's most of my ear time at the moment.

I'd still recommend the Altone200 to anyone considering a triple hybrid though - even at it's current price it is a remarkably capable IEM and sits high on my all time list.

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #888 of 1,424
Actually what more bothers me is withh all the problem issue i read on altone 200, they decide to have price increase. Yes they are few bucks cheaper or same price to dunu1k, but dunu offer more accesories and tips, better box. Better build quality, no issue in sounds except the wire stiff problem.

Damn i really like to buy this at $145. If only i have the money already no question ask ill buy right away. I just hope they decide for price increase after new year. Tsk tsk. Oct. 1 is 3 days away, what the hell its not even payday day hello?. By the time my bday on november its 40+ dollars more.

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #889 of 1,424
Damn feels like im a cry baby, runting. Whew from all iem i own and been following this is the first to go price increas. Seriousely others iem or dap or amp after more then 4 months youll see price drop $10 average or more discount on combo or package purchase.

When althone 200 first increase prior to pre order went up by $20 and after 2 months went up again by $40. Is his marketing strategy?

Sep 29, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #890 of 1,424
*** - it's a triple hybrid and a good one at sub $200 - what do you expect?

The introductory price was simply to get the brand wider recognition. Even at the normal price $145 there was no room for them to make any money.

Even at the new price it's still a bargain considering the price you're paying.

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #891 of 1,424
*** - it's a triple hybrid and a good one at sub $200 - what do you expect?

The introductory price was simply to get the brand wider recognition. Even at the normal price $145 there was no room for them to make any money.

Even at the new price it's still a bargain considering the price you're paying.

Quick question, are the A83 a full step superior to the altone?

Sep 29, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #893 of 1,424
I *think* Joker did a comparison of Dunu, Fidue, Sony and T-PEOS 3-way hybrids after recent IEMs were released. If you haven't seen that yet, Google it and take a look.

Yep - Joker's link is this one : http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-review-dunu-dn-2000-fidue-a83-t-peos-altone200-sony-xba-h3-triple-driver-hybrids-compared/

Quick question, are the A83 a full step superior to the altone?

Build is very much superior on the A83.  Sound quality on both is good - and hard to call one superior than the other as it's going to come down to preference.  Altone200 = more V shaped, bigger bass impact, thinner lower mids.  A83 = far more balanced overall, fuller and more coherent mid-range.  For my tastes, the A83 ticks more boxes.  I still use the Altones - but nowhere near as much now that I have the Fidues.

Interesting also now that the pricing is a lot closer.  T-Peos just put theirs up to USD 185 (still a heck of a bargain).  The A83 is now $280 on Amazon.  But I would have paid the USD 350 for the A83 anyway - that's how much I like them 
wink.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #894 of 1,424

Yep - Joker's link is this one : http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-review-dunu-dn-2000-fidue-a83-t-peos-altone200-sony-xba-h3-triple-driver-hybrids-compared/

Build is very much superior on the A83.  Sound quality on both is good - and hard to call one superior than the other as it's going to come down to preference.  Altone200 = more V shaped, bigger bass impact, thinner lower mids.  A83 = far more balanced overall, fuller and more coherent mid-range.  For my tastes, the A83 ticks more boxes.  I still use the Altones - but nowhere near as much now that I have the Fidues.

Interesting also now that the pricing is a lot closer.  T-Peos just put theirs up to USD 185 (still a heck of a bargain).  The A83 is now $280 on Amazon.  But I would have paid the USD 350 for the A83 anyway - that's how much I like them 
wink.gif

Thanks,

Coming from an GR07 BE (and I love it) then the A83 would be the better choice for me.

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #895 of 1,424
Thanks Brooko for info on A83 I just read review about it. And im 100% now to switch to A83 at that price no problem Bday+christmas Gift to my self.

This is the sample of what im talking about, price drop not a price hike by althone.

Anyway if not for althone i wont knew A83 existed...

Bye guys.

Sep 29, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #896 of 1,424
I just want to be very clear on the Altone200 as I don't want anyone to think they are inferior to the A83 sonically. They're not - they're just a different balance.

The Altone200 are still one of my top recommendations as a triple hybrid for 2014 and represent incredible value for what they deliver.

Sep 30, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #897 of 1,424
Hi, sorry for OT, but is there still a point in buying single driver/non-hybrid IEMs at a higher price (such as ER4s, FI-BA-SB, e-q5/7 and the likes) when these altones/dunus offer the same/better clarity and detail, along with more "full" sound? All that for a cheaper price. I'm confused.

Sep 30, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #898 of 1,424
Hi, sorry for OT, but is there still a point in buying single driver/non-hybrid IEMs at a higher price (such as ER4s, FI-BA-SB, e-q5/7 and the likes) when these altones/dunus offer the same/better clarity and detail, along with more "full" sound? All that for a cheaper price. I'm confused.

Yes. You are paying for the sound, not the specs.

Sep 30, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #899 of 1,424

Number of drivers mean nothing if it's ultimately not the sound you're after.  I just finished reviewing a single dynamic (A81 from Fidue) that's far more expensive than the Altones, or Dunu100 - yet I guarantee that some will like its signature more than most of the hybrids.

It's all about finding the signature that really ticks your own personal boxes.  When you find it, the number of drivers (and a lot of time the cost) are very much secondary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back