T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Jul 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #376 of 1,424
Ok I fired up AudioSigGen on my golden iPhone 4 and scketchbook'ed up how I hear this bad boy to the best of my ability.

Volume @ 8 clicks up from off
Amplitude @ -6dB

Bass presence starts at about 33. Two peaks at ~4.2k and 6.8K. Highs end at about 17.9K.

Peak at 4 kHz? Yikes. That's my kryptonite. I can't stand shout in that region

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #377 of 1,424
What ear guides?   My Altone200 didn't come with any .....

I should be getting my second pair today - so now I'm really interested in seeing if there are any differences ..........
I got ear guides, blue foams (that won't stay on), gray and red set of wide bore tips, and gray standard tips, and a shirt clip.

Jul 28, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #379 of 1,424
Really, I think the Ax-35 hangs in there with the Altone 200. The Ax-35 actually gives a deeper bass and a fuller sound, but the Altone give you more clarity and a bit more refinement. Both complement each other. So the Ax-35 reaches up more so than the Altone reaches back. I'm using the spiral dots (JVC) on both earphones. It works perfectly with these two earphones.s

Jul 28, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #380 of 1,424
I got ear guides, blue foams (that won't stay on), gray and red set of wide bore tips, and gray standard tips, and a shirt clip.

Got my second pair - and accessory package is same as yours.

Agree on the blue foams - I think i noted that in my review too.  Comply T400's stay intact for me.

Differences between review sample and new pair:
  1. Retail packaging is now printed - sample case was "stickered" with the info
  2. Strain relief at IEM body was red (right) and black (left) for the samples.  Now it's red and blue
  3. Included extra silicone tips (grey) + ear guides.
  4. I noticed one of the shells on the new pair did indeed have some residue in it - this wiped away relatively easily (hard rub). 

Build quality appears to be same and I'm not noticing any change to signature either.

I think the disparity on bass quality/quantity between different people is going to come down to taste.  I love the bass the way it is on the Altone200.  Obviously it's not sufficient for others.  I will update my review accordingly.

Jul 28, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #381 of 1,424
Got my second pair - and accessory package is same as yours.

Agree on the blue foams - I think i noted that in my review too.  Comply T400's stay intact for me.

Differences between review sample and new pair:
  • Retail packaging is now printed - sample case was "stickered" with the info
  • Strain relief at IEM body was red (right) and black (left) for the samples.  Now it's red and blue
  • Included extra silicone tips (grey) + ear guides.
  • I noticed one of the shells on the new pair did indeed have some residue in it - this wiped away relatively easily (hard rub). 

Build quality appears to be same and I'm not noticing any change to signature either.

I think the disparity on bass quality/quantity between different people is going to come down to taste.  I love the bass the way it is on the Altone200.  Obviously it's not sufficient for others.  I will update my review accordingly.
I agree about the bass. It does come down to preference.

The mid bass is high quality, tight and fast with good tone. Highs are seeming to calm down, either that or my brain is adjusting.

I still wish it had a little more of a sub bass level. The song will be playing beautifully, but there will that time when a strong rumble from the low end is needed and just isn't there.

The sound signature is definitely addictive however. It's like a refined and more detailed kc06 IMHO

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #383 of 1,424
Having a strange problem... On the blue marked ear bud I can get a good seal every time, whether I put it in my right or left ear canal. However, on the red marked ear bud, I cannot get a good seal on either ear canal with any of the tips included. Anyone have an idea of what's going on? 

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #384 of 1,424
You could be like me and have different sized ear canals - it's a PITA.  Best thing to do is keep experimenting with different tips (try some from different headphones as well).  Eventually (hopefully) you'll find something that works.  I'm finding comply T400s do the trick for me.

Other thing you can try is M for one ear and L for the other.  Good luck.

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #385 of 1,424
  You could be like me and have different sized ear canals - it's a PITA.  Best thing to do is keep experimenting with different tips (try some from different headphones as well).  Eventually (hopefully) you'll find something that works.  I'm finding comply T400s do the trick for me.

Other thing you can try is M for one ear and L for the other.  Good luck.

I thought the same at first... but the strange part is that I can get a seal on the exact same tips ONLY if I use the blue tipped ear bud. It doesn't matter what ear canal I put the red marked ear bud in - it cannot achieve a seal (and I tried tips from other headphones that my ears have no issue getting a seal with, as well as the included ones). For that reason the issue doesn't seem to be a matter of different shaped ear canals.

Could it be something wrong with the housing on the red marked ear bud?

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #386 of 1,424
  I thought the same at first... but the strange part is that I can get a seal on the exact same tips ONLY if I use the blue tipped ear bud. It doesn't matter what ear canal I put the red marked ear bud in - it cannot achieve a seal (and I tried tips from other headphones that my ears have no issue getting a seal with, as well as the included ones). For that reason the issue doesn't seem to be a matter of different shaped ear canals.

Could it be something wrong with the housing on the red marked ear bud?

Nope - the earphone body and nozzle aren't what seals.  It's the tip.  Try swapping the tips from left to right earpiece.

Again though - you'll need to tip roll until you actually achieve a seal.

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #387 of 1,424
I got ear guides, blue foams (that won't stay on).

Not sure if you or anyone else has the Brainwavz S5 - but the blue tips fit the S5 well (and stay on).

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #388 of 1,424
Edit: Might have defective pair, waiting for replacement unit.

Peak at 4 kHz? Yikes. That's my kryptonite. I can't stand shout in that region

It would make it easier on the ear if it had bass, causing one(me) to keep the overall volume lower...

My ASG 2 double flange tips fit nicely.

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #389 of 1,424
  Nope - the earphone body and nozzle aren't what seals.  It's the tip.  Try swapping the tips from left to right earpiece.

Again though - you'll need to tip roll until you actually achieve a seal.

Sorry to keep bringing this up... but yes I did try swapping the tips. 

Logically, if I take one sized tip, put it on the blue marked earbud, and it seals both ears, then that same tip should seal both ears when attached to the red marked earbud. However, this does not happen - the red marked side does not achieve a full seal. Wouldn't this mean it's something other than the tip that's at fault?

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #390 of 1,424
Having a strange problem... On the blue marked ear bud I can get a good seal every time, whether I put it in my right or left ear canal. However, on the red marked ear bud, I cannot get a good seal on either ear canal with any of the tips included. Anyone have an idea of what's going on? 

Just make a nozzle lip comparison (mouth of nozzle/entry of nozzle) by keeping them front-to-front facin each other and see if theres a mismatch that could affect the seal regardless of same tips being used,tho..imo.....

Edit=>>> try with your friends/nears & dears ears to see how they fit on theirs......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back