T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Jul 17, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #181 of 1,424
I wonder why he made them blue H20, any info on the matter?

I imagine that was going to be the final design at one stage. There were some vocal words from members I speak too about the 'blue' colour scheme not being very appealing / inspiring which were forwarded on. A suggestion was also made about red / black strain reliefs for easily locating each housing, because if you look at the unit I have the only way you could have picked each side was from a tiny "R" symbol. (very small). Next thing I knew the final version popped up with a new paint job and surprisingly colour coded strain reliefs.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #182 of 1,424
Next thing I knew the final version popped up with a new paint job and surprisingly colour coded strain reliefs.

Pure win right there, kudos TPeos.

Nice port on the housing also, hehehe.

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #184 of 1,424
Huge kudos for the colour coded strain reliefs.  I hate having to peer intently at an IEM to pick out the right and left sides.  This could be my first hybrid (though I'll wait for a few more impressions and widespread availability).

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #185 of 1,424
Thanks for the positive comments gents.  Just to note also - although I could have easily just kept the review unit, I actually arranged to pay T-Peos the introductory USD 125.00 price this morning.  It seemed the least I could do considering these have become my "go-to" portable phones for everyday use.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #186 of 1,424
  Thanks for the positive comments gents.  Just to note also - although I could have easily just kept the review unit, I actually arranged to pay T-Peos the introductory USD 125.00 price this morning.  It seemed the least I could do considering these have become my "go-to" portable phones for everyday use.

Great review as usual cuz...such an enjoyable write up

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #187 of 1,424
Thanks Vic - much appreciated.

I thought it might come across as a bit "gushy" - but I haven't been wowed OOTB with an IEM like this for a long time.

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #189 of 1,424
Just remember that the reaction is to my own individual preferences - but I sure hope you guys get the same enjoyment out of them. I'm listening to London Grammar as I'm typing this (on the X5), and it's just sublime.

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #190 of 1,424
  Just remember that the reaction is to my own individual preferences - but I sure hope you guys get the same enjoyment out of them. I'm listening to London Grammar as I'm typing this (on the X5), and it's just sublime.

Yeah I've bought one and reading your review making me drool even more in anticipation...
wink_face.gif

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #191 of 1,424

Curse you! Not fair!

Alt Rock – First up was Pink Floyd’s “Money”, and finally here is an IEM which able to do this classic track justice.  Nothing is missing, everything is very clear, and the Altone200 is handling the complex changes of contrast with aplomb.  The sax is pretty darn good too!  Switching to Porcupine Tree’s “Trains”, and here is a track that again suits the Altone200 extremely well. The bass is fantastic – and Wilson’s higher voice seems to suit the Altone200s slightly better than some artists with deeper vocal registers.  If you’re a PT fan, you should love the Altone200’s presentation

Jul 18, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #193 of 1,424

Huge fan of them
bigsmile_face.gif
 So when they can beat the Havi B3 Pro 1 at London grammar than I'm done. Havi B3 + London grammar = Heavenly
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 18, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #194 of 1,424

Huge fan of them
bigsmile_face.gif
 So when they can beat the Havi B3 Pro 1 at London grammar than I'm done. Havi B3 + London grammar = Heavenly
ksc75smile.gif

OK - the Havi look interesting - unfortunately up until now hadn't heard them, or even heard of them.  If I get a chance, I'll try and get a pair.  The thing I love about the Altone200 and London Grammar is that Hannah's voice can sometimes come across as peaky and too forward with some IEMs (the SE535 Ltd Ed I had was not a good combo).  The Altone200 gives her some 'air' and articulation.  I think I mentioned in the review that it reminded me a little of how she sounds via my Beyer T1 and LD MKIV.  Just crystal clear and captivating.  If the B3 can do that as well - I'll definitely have to try them.

Jul 18, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #195 of 1,424

OK - the Havi look interesting - unfortunately up until now hadn't heard them, or even heard of them.  If I get a chance, I'll try and get a pair.  The thing I love about the Altone200 and London Grammar is that Hannah's voice can sometimes come across as peaky and too forward with some IEMs (the SE535 Ltd Ed I had was not a good combo).  The Altone200 gives her some 'air' and articulation.  I think I mentioned in the review that it reminded me a little of how she sounds via my Beyer T1 and LD MKIV.  Just crystal clear and captivating.  If the B3 can do that as well - I'll definitely have to try them.

You definitely have to try them. As I wrote in the B3 thread I had to giggle the first time I heard this combo, didn't expect this SQ of a $60 IEM. The presentation is 'airy', instrument separation is spot on and her voice, you just have to melt away. Hopefully the Altone200 will ship in the next few days, I'm eager to hear this pairing 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back