T.H.E. Headphonium 2014 (May 30th, 2014 ~ June 1st, 2014) @ T.H.E. Show in Newport 2014
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #167 of 214
I am sure we are all wondering who won in the raffle. I wonder when they will draw the names.

Yeah that would be good to know. I was lucky and won a couple of mono amps worth $1600 from Red Dragon Audio at the big 25K raffle. Hoping I can score on the other one also. Had a good time at the breakfast. Hopefully I can make it next year.

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #168 of 214
Went this year with two friends on Saturday and had a blast. Was fun to talk to Dr. Fang about the new hifiman headphones and trying the he-400i. Soundstage in comparison to the he-400 was much wider which was quite cool and they were quite a comfortable pair of headphones. Dr. Fang kept trying to convince me to sell my he-400 in favor for the he-400i and I may have to consider it. The he-560 as well was quite a nice listen and the re-400 balanced sounded quite a lot better then the universal re-400 I own so I may consider getting a pair if the hifiman player had a bit better ui.

ADL and their new headphones quite surprised me didn't know about them in the past and I like what I heard. Friends and I had a nice conversation with Dan and his Mad Dogs. The new schiit wyrd I really am interested in along with a friend of mine, and had a fun time at the schiit table.

Also was a bit lost in the beginning and staff was throwing me around until I found Warren and he showed me where the headphone room in the Hilton was, so big thanks Warren 
biggrin.gif

e. mean't to say "convince me to sell my he-400 in favor for the he-400i"

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 2, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #169 of 214
  Was fun to talk to Dr. Fang about the new hifiman headphones and trying the he-400i. Soundstage in comparison to the he-400 was much wider which was quite cool and they were quite a comfortable pair of headphones. Dr. Fang kept trying to convince me my he-400 in favor for the he-400i and I may have to consider it. The he-560 as well was quite a nice listen and the re-400 balanced sounded quite a lot better then the universal re-400 I own so I may consider getting a pair if the hifiman player had a bit better ui.

Can you please clarify this statement about "Fang trying to convince me my he-400 in favor for the he-400i"-

was Fang trying to say that the HE-400i will be better in some specific regards of your HE-400?
or 
was there something in the HE-400 line that would remain superior?

Jun 2, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #170 of 214

Can you please clarify this statement about "Fang trying to convince me my he-400 in favor for the he-400i"-

was Fang trying to say that the HE-400i will be better in some specific regards of your HE-400?
or 
was there something in the HE-400 line that would remain superior?

Ahh I see what happened, left out "to sell" so the sentence should look like "convince me to sell my he-400 in favor for the he-400i"

But yeah Fang was trying to convince me to sell my he-400 as the new he-400i are superior headphones.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 2, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #171 of 214
Hey I made it into Tyll's blog in a photo! I was the "enthusiastic listener" to the new HiFiMAN HE560.   Thanks for the photo, Tyll.  :)
I'm in the 7th photo down, on the blog:  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/here-we-go-show-newport-2014

I did enjoy trying the 400i and the 560.  I'll be curious to hear what other people think.  I'm bummed I couldn't make it to the breakfast.

-Larmeister

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #172 of 214
Hey Everybody!

Thanks to ALL who came out!

@warrenpchi and I are still at it!
I'm still in SoCal hangin' w/ my brotha and seeing Alex Rosson and the Audeze peeps soon..

We're workin' on our Astell&Kern new player impressions!
Whew! NO SLEEP TIL BACK IN NORTHERN CALI I guess!!

early impressions coming ASAP

in the meantime:

Check out our interview at T.H.E Headphonium  w/ me and Warren!!
HERE'S THE LINK

THX to Brian from Audiohead taking the time to do this video!

We had a BLAST
and hope you ALL did too!!!!

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #173 of 214
Hey Everybody!

[COLOR=FF0000]Thanks to ALL who came out![/COLOR]

@warrenpchi
and I are still at it!
I'm still in SoCal hangin' w/ my brotha and seeing Alex Rosson and the Audeze peeps soon..

We're workin' on our Astell&Kern new player impressions!
Whew! NO SLEEP TIL BACK IN NORTHERN CALI I guess!!

early impressions coming ASAP

in the meantime:

[COLOR=333333]Check out our interview at T.H.E Headphonium  w/ me and Warren!![/COLOR]
[COLOR=B22222]HERE'S THE LINK[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]THX to Brian from Audiohead taking the time to do this video![/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]We had a BLAST[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]and hope you ALL did too!!!![/COLOR]

Haha, i just watched this, found it by accident. Nice interview btw, like that you gave a shoutout to all the venders they need it. Cant wait for the BIG PLANS for next year. ;D

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #174 of 214
Also big thanks to jh audio and Andy Regan for breakfast.

YES!
I love Andy!
We go back YRS
and that was a HUGE gesture from the JHAudio crew!

BIG Thanks for that!!!!

and here's my good friend Rebekah in LA - w/ me and Warren 
at the Westin in Pasadena (needed to RELAX)
ROCKIN my LCD-XCs and our Audio360.org AK240!

She LOVED it, she's a dancer

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #175 of 214
YES!
I love Andy!
We go back YRS
and that was a HUGE gesture from the JHAudio crew!

BIG Thanks for that!!!!

and here's my good friend Rebekah in LA - w/ me and Warren 
at the Westin in Pasadena (needed to RELAX)
ROCKIN my LCD-XCs and our Audio360.org AK240!
She LOVED it, she's a dancer

Yeah it was a really nice gesture from them, and I really want to go get myself and LCD-2, might be my new favorite headphone by them but I didnt hear the LCD-3 sadly.

She looks like shes in audio bliss, I am jealous.

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #177 of 214
Yeah it was a really nice gesture from them, and I really want to go get myself and LCD-2, might be my new favorite headphone by them but I didnt hear the LCD-3 sadly.

She looks like shes in audio bliss, I am jealous.

Yeah that's been my FAVE Audeze lately! and @warrenpchi never thought he'd hear me say that! Over my beloved LCD-3 that is...
But I can't stop listening to it! Those were, remember brotha, my nu LCD-2 w/ Fazor! She LOVED it, check below...

I'm burning in the LCD-3 w/ Fazor right now...
Over-tired, just got home!!

Plenty of pictures for this great show and more to come on audio360.org

nice Frank!
I look like I got a big belly there, LOL.
CRAZY!

Here's some of my shots - my full report will be featured at EnjoyTheMusic.com - w/ an overview at 360 of course:

Astell & Kern 500N
9 terabytes of memory, touch screen UI - and disc ripper
Price TBA

Frank and I, along with got to experience this whole system with their gorgeous 300B tube amp before the show!
WE ended up helpin them out with the set-up a bit:

There's Frank I off to the side!!

w/ my brotha from anotha motha - Mr. Rosson from Audeze...

my girl Rebekah lovin the LCD-XCs!

and that's what she thought of the new LCD-2 w/ Fazor!
Rebekahs' been hearing Audeze for awhile now - she LOVES em...
She wants to get a pair now!!

more pics in the reports.

But here's one of my favorite pieces of new kit:
The CEntrance / Glove Audio A1 DAC/Amp for the Astell&Kern AK100 & AK120!

Jun 6, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #178 of 214
I don't blame her for wanting one. The new LCD-2 makes me want to skip all the other headphones/iems and just save up to get the LCD-2.

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #179 of 214
Originally Posted by Netforce /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also was a bit lost in the beginning and staff was throwing me around until I found Warren and he showed me where the headphone room in the Hilton was, so big thanks Warren 
biggrin.gif

::gasp::  You trusted a non-Head-Fier? 
eek.gif

biggrin.gif
  Lol, glad I could help. 
smile.gif

I am sure we are all wondering who won in the raffle. I wonder when they will draw the names.

I assumed it was already drawn.

Yeah that would be good to know. I was lucky and won a couple of mono amps worth $1600 from Red Dragon Audio at the big 25K raffle. Hoping I can score on the other one also. Had a good time at the breakfast. Hopefully I can make it next year.

Sorry guys, been busy with meetings and such, taking care of related business, and some cool/secret stuff I can't talk about... so the show didn't really end for me until last night.  I'll do the drawing and post the winners later on tonight or first thing in the morning.

Hey I made it into Tyll's blog in a photo! I was the "enthusiastic listener" to the new HiFiMAN HE560.   Thanks for the photo, Tyll.  :)
I'm in the 7th photo down, on the blog:  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/here-we-go-show-newport-2014

I did enjoy trying the 400i and the 560.  I'll be curious to hear what other people think.  I'm bummed I couldn't make it to the breakfast.

The breakfast was crazy... lots of people packed into a tiny back room... and JH surprised us all by picking up the tab! 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back