T.H.E. Headphonium 2014 (May 30th, 2014 ~ June 1st, 2014) @ T.H.E. Show in Newport 2014
Jun 1, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #152 of 214
What a day, great breakfast with around 25-30 of us. That lead to me spending most of my day with warren mercer and Ethan. Spent another good portion at the Noble table and I will be buying from them soon. Listened to the amazing new LCD-2 with fazor and it sounds a little too good. Ended the night with a nice little dinner with around 20 headfiers/manufactures. And I forgot my zu audio shirt in mercers room.

Sorry to miss out on dinner with you guys at the last minute, but I was recalled by the Home department unexpectedly. Looking forward to seeing Michael in his new t-shirt! 
beyersmile.png
 Sean and the Zu guys are the absolute best, as well. 

Jun 1, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #153 of 214
Really enjoyed it today! Mad Dog 3d printer created T50 RP's powered by Auralic were my favorites. WooAudio had some great sounding tube amps. Kef M 500's and OBravo were good too.

Jun 1, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #154 of 214
  Really enjoyed it today! Mad Dog 3d printer created T50 RP's powered by Auralic were my favorites. WooAudio had some great sounding tube amps. Kef M 500's and OBravo were good too.

Ditto on the Mad Dog/Auralic kudos. Had a rough time in the WooAudio room. I was having trouble getting the track to play, only to have it blast my eardrums out, Fred Flintstone style, when it finally played. I didn't turn the volume knob all the way down before putting on the headphones. Rookie mistake! It sounded pretty wonderful when I set the volume right, though. Great amps, and, man, don't worry about running out of dB's anytime soon...

Jun 1, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #155 of 214
Fun day at THE show today:

Also, good times at the dinner tonight as well. I just hope I didn't scare people with my sorta discussion/rant at the Schiit table today. Sorry Mike and Jason. :cool:

Got to compare the Hifiman HE-560 and the Oppo PM-1 as well. I enjoyed the HE-560 more, so that's on my radar. Rather impressed with the speaker set up that took up a whole ballroom. Now off to relax.

Jun 1, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #156 of 214
I've been having a great time too!  And another big THANK YOU to JH Audio for B'fast!  I've actually been focusing on the speaker systems so far, but tomorrow is headphonia day for me.  I got to visit the Woo room and those monoblocks are ridiculously cool, and sound amazing.
  I also got a chance to stop by the JH Audio.  I was a little reticent to go by because at the last Socal Head-fi meet I thought the JH13 sounded peaky and hurt my ears, the JH16 was ok, but... and the Roxannes also seemed peaky.  But I decided to listen again and was really surprised that now the JH13 sounded crisp and clear, very neutral, the JH16 sounded fatter and still not crazy about the bass and the Roxannes were like a bright smile on a sunny day.  I was immediately taken by them.  I must have had some ear fatigue the first time I auditioned them.  And the guys at the table were a blast.
  I also took a listen to the ADL headphones and I was really really impressed.  Especially with their little $500 portable DAC/Amp - nice!

And finally, the seminar on the future of smart headphones was really interesting.  There's a lot of exciting things coming down the pike.

Jun 1, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #157 of 214
I've been having a great time too!  And another big THANK YOU to JH Audio for B'fast!  I've actually been focusing on the speaker systems so far, but tomorrow is headphonia day for me.  I got to visit the Woo room and those monoblocks are ridiculously cool, and sound amazing.
  I also got a chance to stop by the JH Audio.  I was a little reticent to go by because at the last Socal Head-fi meet I thought the JH13 sounded peaky and hurt my ears, the JH16 was ok, but... and the Roxannes also seemed peaky.  But I decided to listen again and was really surprised that now the JH13 sounded crisp and clear, very neutral, the JH16 sounded fatter and still not crazy about the bass and the Roxannes were like a bright smile on a sunny day.  I was immediately taken by them.  I must have had some ear fatigue the first time I auditioned them.  And the guys at the table were a blast.
  I also took a listen to the ADL headphones and I was really really impressed.  Especially with their little $500 portable DAC/Amp - nice!

And finally, the seminar on the future of smart headphones was really interesting.  There's a lot of exciting things coming down the pike.

It might have just been the setup they had at the meet it was kinda Grimm. But I'm not sure didn't go but there this time but I heard the universal Roxannes at the a&k booth and it was a very enjoyable listen.

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #158 of 214
Fun day at THE show today:

Also, good times at the dinner tonight as well. I just hope I didn't scare people with my sorta discussion/rant at the Schiit table today. Sorry Mike and Jason.
cool.gif

Got to compare the Hifiman HE-560 and the Oppo PM-1 as well. I enjoyed the HE-560 more, so that's on my radar. Rather impressed with the speaker set up that took up a whole ballroom. Now off to relax.

Was this panel recorded?

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #160 of 214
Was this panel recorded?

See that black thing with the fuzzy white headphones in the foreground? That was for an audio recording. There's also a video recording done too. I think they'll both be released in due time.

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #162 of 214
See that black thing with the fuzzy white headphones in the foreground? That was for an audio recording. There's also a video recording done too. I think they'll both be released in due time.

Sweet baby Jesus, the thing was recorded in binaural audio? Looking forward to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back