T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Nov 19, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #1,591 of 1,858
I was 1% away from joining the club but had some other things on the list I wanted to tick off first and then we made some investment at work - so I am looking at late January it looks like. But I am for sure getting a pair. I just hope they come out with more app and firmware updates.
Same here... I found myself buying a new road bike, Zeiss binoculars, remodeling a bathroom, and taking a couple of months of work to travel to Réunion island... all this got in the way of my ST budget! :)

Nov 22, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #1,592 of 1,858
Does anyone else find it difficult to adjust the volume on these headphones? Many times, for example, when I am trying to adjust the volume on the headphones, the audio becomes paused instead. A tap restores the audio but I am wondering if everything is working properly if it is so difficult to just reliably adjust the volume.

Has anyone found a swiping technique that reliably adjusts the volume as the user manual instructs?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #1,594 of 1,858
Pairing with my iPhone, volume seems quite low even if I’m a low volume listener

Nov 25, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #1,595 of 1,858
Pairing with my iPhone, volume seems quite low even if I’m a low volume listener

If yours is a new pair, you need downloading the T+A app for iOS and installing last firmware update. You will getting more maximum volume after this.

Nov 25, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #1,596 of 1,858
If yours is a new pair, you need downloading the T+A app for iOS and installing last firmware update. You will getting more maximum volume after this.
Already did. I mean it’s more than enough for me without needing to max the volume. Perhaps just a little shock coming from bathys

Nov 25, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #1,598 of 1,858
How do you initiate the firmware update?

Connect your ST to your mobile device (iPhone?) first, then open the T+A app. If you go to menu of the app, you will seeing something like "updates" or something similar (the app having few options so explore if necessary). Then you will seeing a message saying a new firmware update is available or that your ST having last update already. (sorry, I don't have my ST anymore or the T+A app, so don't know exactly the menu options of the app)

Nov 25, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #1,599 of 1,858
Connect your ST to your mobile device (iPhone?) first, then open the T+A app. If you go to menu of the app, you will seeing something like "updates" or something similar (the app having few options so explore if necessary). Then you will seeing a message saying a new firmware update is available or that your ST having last update already. (sorry, I don't have my ST anymore or the T+A app, so don't know exactly the menu options of the app)
Thank you. Does the headphones need to be connected to the iPhone through a wire or will it work wifeless?

Nov 25, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #1,600 of 1,858
Thank you. Does the headphones need to be connected to the iPhone through a wire or will it work wifeless?

With or without a wife the ST will working fine! :) Seriously now, no need for the cable, you need connecting via bluetooth only but you need a wifi connection for the download and installation of the update.

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #1,601 of 1,858
With or without a wife the ST will working fine! :) Seriously now, no need for the cable, you need connecting via bluetooth only but you need a wifi connection for the download and installation of the update
After I bought the T+A Solitaire T for US$1600, I thought there was a possibility that I might be going wifeless! 😂

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #1,602 of 1,858
After I bought the T+A Solitaire T for US$1600, I thought there was a possibility that I might be going wifeless! 😂
The fidelity definitely improves… as less background noise:wink:

Nov 28, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #1,603 of 1,858
Hi all,

I'm quite a new member of head-fi and also ST. I managed to get a demo-unit with a reasonable price and have been enjoying it a couple of months with my ibasso DX320 with amp12. The sound quality is great both wired and wireless. I upgraded from Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless, which were good, but more for the home use, and I needed headphones for travels. The only thing I miss from the Amiron is the trackpad that worked well. In ST the trackpad is too sensitive, and moving from one track to another or back doers not work, and it's very easy to accidentally pause or play the track. Also the transparent mode in the trackpad does not work well. The reviews applause the HQ mode in ST, but I feel that with my ibasso the normal mode sounds better and more real, like wired.

When wired I use the balanced 4.4mm connection (the amp12 has only 4.4mm balanced). However, the attached cable is 3 meters long and for my travels it is too long. I have tried to find a shorter balanced cable, but without success so far. So I would appreciate any hints on from where could I get a shorter balanced cable for my ST preferably from Europe. I mainly use ST wireless, so I don't need a handmade supercable. One with a good price-quality ratio would be most welcome. Thanks for your help.

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #1,604 of 1,858
Hi all,

I'm quite a new member of head-fi and also ST. I managed to get a demo-unit with a reasonable price and have been enjoying it a couple of months with my ibasso DX320 with amp12. The sound quality is great both wired and wireless. I upgraded from Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless, which were good, but more for the home use, and I needed headphones for travels. The only thing I miss from the Amiron is the trackpad that worked well. In ST the trackpad is too sensitive, and moving from one track to another or back doers not work, and it's very easy to accidentally pause or play the track. Also the transparent mode in the trackpad does not work well. The reviews applause the HQ mode in ST, but I feel that with my ibasso the normal mode sounds better and more real, like wired.

When wired I use the balanced 4.4mm connection (the amp12 has only 4.4mm balanced). However, the attached cable is 3 meters long and for my travels it is too long. I have tried to find a shorter balanced cable, but without success so far. So I would appreciate any hints on from where could I get a shorter balanced cable for my ST preferably from Europe. I mainly use ST wireless, so I don't need a handmade supercable. One with a good price-quality ratio would be most welcome. Thanks for your help.
T+A itself is offering a 1.4m long cable with 4.4mm balanced connection for €45 plus shipping
Cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back