T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Jan 18, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #856 of 1,838
Independently of the (high) price of the ST, today a multipoint connection for BT/ANC headphones and earphones is the standard in the industry. Even $200 BT/ANC headphones and earphones including this feature, and is a feature that in today's world is very useful for many, many people.

Many people listen to their BT/ANC headphones very often (like me) using a computer / laptop / tablet, and being able to have your BT/ANC headphone connected to you mobile phone too is a big bonus, for answering calls principally.

For me, personally, this feature is semi important (I using this frequently but not really all the time), but I still deciding accepting the compromise of not having this feature and keeping the ST, and I don't regretting my decision at all. If for you this feature is irrelevant, this is great, you don't have need for this.

But what is can't be denying is that not having this feature will making some people thinking this headphone isn't for them, because for them, apart from great sound quality, multi point is (almost) a necessity. That a BT/ANC headphone today, specially of this price, isn't have this feature is a very, very big surprise and maybe not best decision from business point of view.
Unfortunately I cannot comment on this, as this is a feature I'm not used to or ever required (but do welcome if ever adopted by T+A, despite not a major feature I look for).
I simply use two devices independently at any one time; my smartphone, or either work or personal laptop.

Then again, ignoring my experiences with Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 1, which I only used as a multimedia device and telephony use when away from home and only ever with my phone (and never for multipoint use), I have never implemented using wireless headphones in multiple systems almost exclusively, until very recently via the Solitaire T.

For that reason, I cannot comment on how important, or universal, this feature is to the wider wireless headphone community.

I do posit that T+A did not build the Solitaire T to be all embracing and a tick box of features, as it saw a different goal, but perhaps they could walkback their opinion of multipoint and implement it, simply to satisfy the audiophile community who would use that feature sincerely.

Jan 18, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #857 of 1,838
I received the Audiophile Ninja cable for Solitaire T today. I can confirm it works! With the Solitaire T. So it does sound like Ninja know what do for the Solitaire T.

On another note: I notice a very well built cable! Looks great and substantial. Comes in a nice package with logo, and a couple of promotional goodies. And it’s very affordable. First time ever to have bought from Ninja and I am impressed. Tremendous value for the money

Terminated with 4.4mm balanced (Pentaconn)

Audiophile Ninja now has a landing page dedicated to this cable .. https://www.audiophileninja.com/product-tag/ta/

All flavors are now available (6.3mm, 3.5mm SE and XLR, 2.5mm, 4.4mm balanced)

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #858 of 1,838
Audiophile Ninja now has a landing page dedicated to this cable .. https://www.audiophileninja.com/product-tag/ta/

All flavors are now available (6.3mm, 3.5mm SE and XLR, 2.5mm, 4.4mm balanced)
99.9% pure copper, but makes sense at the very affordable pricing; great value!

What was the length of your cable you ordered?
The 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable is 1.4m, which I think equates to approximately 4 feet 7 inches. So if one was to order 2.5mm to 4.44mm, is that length long enough for portable use?

Jan 18, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #859 of 1,838
99.9% pure copper, but makes sense at the very affordable pricing; great value!

What was the length of your cable you ordered?
The 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable is 1.4m, which I think equates to approximately 4 feet 7 inches. So if one was to order 2.5mm to 4.44mm, is that length long enough for portable use?
4ft = 1m21(92) ... I ordered 4ft and I received 1m27(5) tip to tip... Fine for portable use 😊

Jan 18, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #860 of 1,838
My work is getting more mobile and I'm thinking of selling my Sennheiser 820 headphones, 820 HDV amp, and Sony XM5 headphones and replacing them with Solitaire T for use at home and on the road. Can I drive the Solitaire T in passive mode with my two portable amps - the iDSD Signature and the FiiO Q5s TC?

Jan 18, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #861 of 1,838
Can I drive the Solitaire T in passive mode with my two portable amps - the iDSD Signature and the FiiO Q5s TC?
I easily drive my Solitaire T with my portable iFi xDSD Gryphon

Jan 19, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #862 of 1,838
Yesterday evening I asked clearly about future LDAC support to T+A website => about Solitaire T, the answer is unfortunately really clear as expected after so many months.

My questions
1674130771211.png

the answer from T+A this morning

1674134011733.png

So, I think now for me it's unfortunately definitely a no-go .. I liked the idea of the option of balanced cable input, but no near to CD bluetooth bitrate..

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #863 of 1,838
Yesterday evening I asked clearly about future LDAC support to T+A website => about Solitaire T, the answer is unfortunately really clear as expected after so many months.

My questions
1674130771211.png

1674126678489.png

So, I think now for me it's unfortunately definitely a no-go .. I liked the idea of the option of balanced cable input, but no near to CD bitrate..
Sad noises 😢

Jan 19, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #864 of 1,838
Sad noises 😢

Well, the Solitaire T still sound awesome nonetheless :) ... But I am checking with T+A what now exactly is going on with two conflicting *official* statements from T+A ... (And pointed them to this thread)

1674134011733.png
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #865 of 1,838
4ft = 1m21(92) ... I ordered 4ft and I received 1m27(5) tip to tip... Fine for portable use 😊

I imagine that there is no ANC available in a portable use when the Solitaire T is plugged to a DAP with a balanced cable ?

But is there a possibility to connect the solitaire T with an USB-C cable to a DAP or Smartphone and have ANC activated ?

Jan 19, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #866 of 1,838
I imagine that there is no ANC available in a portable use when the Solitaire T is plugged to a DAP with a balanced cable ?
Correct. Using the balanced connection requires powering OFF the entire internal Solitaire T circuitry.

But is there a possibility to connect the solitaire T with an USB-C cable to a DAP or Smartphone and have ANC activated ?
Yes. Using the USB-C connection requires powering ON the amplification / DAC circuitry inside the Solitaire T (switch on the left cup). The ANC circuitry is part of that. HQ mode also works via USB-C

(HQ and ANC do not work simultaneously though)

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #867 of 1,838

My questions
1674130771211.png

1674134011733.png

So, I think now for me it's unfortunately definitely a no-go .. I liked the idea of the option of balanced cable input, but no near to CD bluetooth bitrate..
Well that sucks, especially since I'm planning to purchase the new S23... :frowning2:

Jan 19, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #868 of 1,838
Well, the Solitaire T still sound awesome nonetheless :) ... But I am checking with T+A what now exactly is going on with two conflicting *official* statements from T+A ... (And pointed them to this thread)

1674134011733.pngUntitled.jpg
10-1 upper management has decided the Bluetooth HQ mode is good enough and the licensing fee for LDAC does not fiscally make sense for a unit with a few hundred sales tops.

Jan 19, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #869 of 1,838
10-1 upper management has decided the Bluetooth HQ mode is good enough and the licensing fee for LDAC does not fiscally make sense for a unit with a few hundred sales tops.

Probably, for many it's not an issue, but at 1300€, I would have expect technically, something more than Bathys, PX8, H95, ... though Balanced input cable is already a very good point.
But LDAC, particularly when it's rather stable at 990Kpbs like with my Samsung Z Fold4, would have been a very good thing too.
Maybe, some, like me, will have to wait the future, a T&A Solitaire T V2 with an updated Qualcomm CODEC which includes LDAC too.

Jan 19, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #870 of 1,838
Finally received mine again! Took around 2 weeks since the black version was out of stock.

I've missed the sound quality! Comfort is also excellent.

My criticism about the touch controls remains, let's hope for LDAC and other goodies in future firmware updates :) I'm fairly confident that I wont be buying another pair of closed backs until T+A releases a successor. The sound quality is just insane :D

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back