T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Nov 30, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #256 of 1,838
You must use a dac or converter from your iPhone.

No, I use a simple AND cheap adapter with my iPhone, this one from Apple. With my MacBook Pro the adapter isn't necessary because the MBP having a 3.5mm jack already that, by the way, in this model (16" from 2021) can driving high impedance headphones easily.

Anyway, what you claim is unrealistic and out of head-fi / hi-fi world. You claim amplification and Dac does not matter.

In head-fi you seeing a lot of BS too, and I believe what my ears telling me, and this is one reason I don't have super expensive DAP (after testing several) and I don't believe in hi-res files either, and bitrate differences are so often complete exaggerations.

I strongly recommend you to get an entry level dac/amp and spend some time with it. It helps a lot to understand what I’m trying to say.

I already have a very good amp for my Sennheiser HD800 and HD600, thank you.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #257 of 1,838
You must use a dac or converter from your iPhone. Anyway, what you claim is unrealistic and out of head-fi / hi-fi world. You claim amplification and Dac does not matter.
You know what , you’re trying to praise ST as a matter of fact this is proof of how poor Dac/amp of ST. If you hear the same from your MacBook 3.5 / iPhone lightening - 3.5 converter output or BT, this means ST’s built in Dac/amp almost rubbish 😀 by the way, I don’t think so it’s not that so bad. I strongly recommend you to get an entry level dac/amp and spend some time with it. It helps a lot to understand what I’m trying to say.
I was just reffering to someones statement that the sound quality is almost indistinguishable between passive mode from 3.5mm AK sp3000 and BT mode. I dont know, i havent heard the ST so im just basing my predictions on what was written here. From my experience, the dac/amp plays quite a significant role in driving the headphones to their full potential thats why im sceptic. I dont really think that the ST from BT mode will be as good as my Shanling M8 + Monarch 2 combo. But who knows..

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #258 of 1,838
I was just reffering to someones statement that the sound quality is almost indistinguishable between passive mode from 3.5mm AK sp3000 and BT mode. I dont know, i havent heard the ST so im just basing my predictions on what was written here. From my experience, the dac/amp plays quite a significant role in driving the headphones to their full potential thats why im sceptic. I dont really think that the ST from BT mode will be as good as my Shanling M8 + Monarch 2 combo. But who knows..
I’ve just listened with 4.4 cable and my sp3000 and bt from sp3000. The difference is day/night as expected. The is the most strange thing that I’ve ever heard in this hobby in last decade. 😀

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #259 of 1,838
No, I use a simple AND cheap adapter with my iPhone, this one from Apple. With my MacBook Pro the adapter isn't necessary because the MBP having a 3.5mm jack already that, by the way, in this model (16" from 2021) can driving high impedance headphones easily.

In head-fi you seeing a lot of BS too, and I believe what my ears telling me, and this is one reason I don't have super expensive DAP (after testing several) and I don't believe in hi-res files either, and bitrate differences are so often complete exaggerations.

I already have a very good amp for my Sennheiser HD800 and HD600, thank you.
I’m sorry sir, I don’t prefer to continue the discussion with smb who doesn’t “believe” high resolution file, DAPs, listen music straight away from MacBook 3.5 output and claim it can drive well etc….
After all details that you’ve been shared, I’m so glad that I don’t have the same opinion with you. Otherwise, I would have betrayed all my years in this hobby. I wish to hear all at the very beginning of this thread.

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #260 of 1,838
Some initial impressions of the Solitaire T which I picked up this morning.

Cups are small. My ears fit into the cups, but just barely.

The ST are smaller and lighter than I expected.

Passive mode (no power) connected to HA200 with included Pentaconn cable is quite good. In this mode, the headphones take to EQ well. Good response to either or both increased treble and bass.

Bluetooth mode is less “crisp” than passive mode.

HQ Bluetooth mode sharpens and improves the overall Bluetooth sound quality.

No range stands out as over or under emphasized. These are neutral sounding headphones. Some treble sparkle and sizzle can be EQ’d in using the equalizers built into Apple Music or Spotify, which are my sources. Hopefully the app’s EQ will make a difference in this area.

I am not so concerned with ANC. I have not tested it yet. The on cup controls take some getting used to. Not a big deal for me. The app will address this.

Overall, they sound like a balanced, neutral, audiophile tuned set of closed back headphones. In passive mode, connected to a good amp they sound very, very good and respond to EQ quite nicely. In Bluetooth mode they sound fuller than the APM, and better than I expected for Bluetooth. HQ mode is the best sound from Bluetooth.

These are very initial impressions. This is a quality wireless headphone that sounds excellent in passive mode. I am looking forward to much more listening with these.

Nov 30, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #262 of 1,838
So initial impressions here :

Volume Cap in BT Mode is Not acceptable in EU as stated above. If it is a good recording with high(er) Dynamic Range overall volume is to low. Not a Problem with Bathys as they were in Demo as well.
Make sure to Hit hq BT, otherwise sound quality is not really what one would expect from a headphone in this Price Range.
The Button on the right Cup for pass through of speak etc. Works like crap it will always act as it was hit more than one time.
I expect the White Version to Look ugly really quick an the headband is not changeable.

Nov 30, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #263 of 1,838
Would love to hear from someone about the SQ improvement playing the ST with 3.5 jack into a good quality DAC/Head amp. Is it a hard load to drive? Thinking about getting the Mojo 2 but am concerned about its low watts. As I said I'm new to audiophile headphones.

Nov 30, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #264 of 1,838
Would love to hear from someone about the SQ improvement playing the ST with 3.5 jack into a good quality DAC/Head amp. Is it a hard load to drive? Thinking about getting the Mojo 2 but am concerned about its low watts. As I said I'm new to audiophile headphones.
If you think of pairing the ST with a source through jack, go maybe with a high quality iems. I think the BT still has some long way to go. At least if you really care about great sound quality. Just my take on this whole BT situation.

Nov 30, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #265 of 1,838
I'll tell you what I can once I get my ST. The Mojo2 has become my go to DAC on the go, especially with how well the EQ has been implemented. Sometimes I use it solo with my iPhone, sometimes with Poly at home as a zone for Roon and sometimes as a DAC to feed other amps like the Cayin C9.

Nov 30, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #266 of 1,838
t

I’ve just listened with 4.4 cable and my sp3000 and bt from sp3000. The difference is day/night as expected. The is the most strange thing that I’ve ever heard in this hobby in last decade. 😀
I never said indistinguishable. I said they sound similar by which I mean the tonality , timbre etc. I just listened again and I stand by that. Of course there is a difference but they are closer, in my opinion, than I would have expected. If you think that's the strangest thing you have heard in this hobby, you aren't that deep into it. For example, for years Mobile Fidelity said their records were pure analogue tape to analogue mastering to record pressing. And how audiophiles decreed they could appreciate this analogue sound and how anything else sounded so digital. So it just shows you how fickle this hobby is when it was revealed that these pure analogue sources had all been converted to DSD256 along the way before being pressed.

Nov 30, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #267 of 1,838
I never said indistinguishable. I said they sound similar by which I mean the tonality , timbre etc. I just listened again and I stand by that. Of course there is a difference but they are closer, in my opinion, than I would have expected. If you think that's the strangest thing you have heard in this hobby, you aren't that deep into it. For example, for years Mobile Fidelity said their records were pure analogue tape to analogue mastering to record pressing. And how audiophiles decreed they could appreciate this analogue sound and how anything else sounded so digital. So it just shows you how fickle this hobby is when it was revealed that these pure analogue sources had all been converted to DSD256 along the way before being pressed.
Thats definitely not the strangest thing ive heard in this hobby, just calm down and take a walk.

Dec 1, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #268 of 1,838
I’m sorry sir, I don’t prefer to continue the discussion with smb who doesn’t “believe” high resolution file, DAPs, listen music straight away from MacBook 3.5 output and claim it can drive well etc….

DSD files only are better when the mastering is only available in that format and is improving some 'loudness wars' or poor previous CD format mastering, but this is extremely rare, meaning that best masterings are 99.99999% available in CD format. CD quality is absolutely perfect for the human ear. The more important thing is the quality of the recording / master, not if is CD or Hi-res.

The 16" 2021 MacBook Pro can driving high impedance headphones and this is NOT opinion or belief, is a fact. Maybe you must investigating first this information (the specs of this specific model of MBP) before making nonsense statements. And I never saying I use my HD800 or HD600 with my MBP, I have a very good amp for this headphones and saying this already.

...I’m so glad that I don’t have the same opinion with you.

Good for you.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #269 of 1,838
LDAC: 😊

Screenshot_20221201_094633_Email.jpg

Dec 1, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #270 of 1,838

Users who are viewing this thread

Back