T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Nov 28, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #226 of 1,843
Oh, I understand perfectly the reasons for this type of marketing, B&O and B&W doing something very similar (the idea of sophistication, etc). Focal, like A+T, are serious about audio, but I'm just very happy that A+T don't choosing this very cliché type of marketing when obviously they can doing that, and I'm happy too that they aren't abusing the "German technology" marketing tool. And I'm even happy that the travel case for the ST is looking very generic (not like the premium H95 or 5909 case) but with very good size, strength and ideal material that is exactly for the purpose of travelling (not the H95 case specially).

Nov 28, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #227 of 1,843
Now that the ST is available in the US (at least online from Florida dealer) who is going to be the first Head-fi US member to offer an impression in this forum thread? I'm tempted to order, but given the divided opinions, I think I'll wait.

Nov 29, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #228 of 1,843
Hi guys, im interested in wireless sound on the go. My picks would be Bathys or ST only. B&W px8 are horrible in tuning (like most B&W headphones), have tried the h95 and sent them back while ago. No Bose, Apple and Sony. Have tried the Senns M4 a couple times and i finally liked the wireless sound- way less typical wireless digital glare on notes. But they falling behind my Hook X paired with the Shanling M8.
My main portable rig is Monarch Mk2+Shanling M8. Is it possible for the ST to beat this setup or at least come close in sound quality?
I would like to get rid of cables finally:)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #229 of 1,843
Meh I decided to send mine back in the last minute :/

They sounded so good and were really comfortable, but just couldn't justifiy to spend that amount of money on a BT product that lacks next gen features (LE Audio/LC3)...Also no multipoint or Aptx Adaptive.

I'll deffo keep my eyes out for a MK II.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #230 of 1,843
Hello everyone. I'm new to the site here in the US. I've been following this thread attentively. Lots of great feedback. I ordered the ST's a month ago and my dealer called yesterday to say he would be shipping them to me today. Very anxious to see how they sound and function. I'm not a headphone guy. I've owned Sony. Bose, and all Apple products to date. Been in High-end two channel speaker systems for 50 years. After broken-in properly I will give you my 2 cents. I can, however, comment on this. The lack of formal rollout and formal evaluations could be due to concerns over a bad review? May be waiting for firmware updates and app. It is strange given the press other company's headphones are getting. Another frequent comment has been price/value. In my world of 2 channel speaker setups where interconnects routinely cost $2K the price from this perspective isn't bad. Of course this is a direct function of individual income/value. Moreover diminishing returns is an absolute in this hobby.

Nov 29, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #231 of 1,843
Hello everyone. I'm new to the site here in the US. I've been following this thread attentively. Lots of great feedback.

Hello skinzy. Welcome to HF and to this thread.

I can, however, comment on this. The lack of formal rollout and formal evaluations could be due to concerns over a bad review? May be waiting for firmware updates and app. It is strange given the press other company's headphones are getting.

I think lack of reviews is for different reasons that we don't know well yet, but is strange when Christmas is here already. The truth is that practically all 'normal' (common) reviews, even when products aren't very good, have a tendency for being very positive and really only marketing and for click-bait. The typical negatives are inoffensive comments for seeming objective.

Another frequent comment has been price/value. In my world of 2 channel speaker setups where interconnects routinely cost $2K the price from this perspective isn't bad. Of course this is a direct function of individual income/value. Moreover diminishing returns is an absolute in this hobby.

Here in head-fi many people spending a lot of money in headphones and other audio products, AND cables too, so the price in this forum isn't always the more important aspect, but of course is important when the more expensive ANC alternatives are 400-500 euros more cheap (more big difference in USA because of the strange price of the ST in that market), and the ST is a headphone that isn't offering other common (important) features that many other (very more cheap) ANC headphones are offering.

Not everyone / many knowing about diminishing returns, but people that knowing about audio in this forum (not always sufficient people, unfortunately), know this very well, but you still finding many people asking "Is X headphone really 2,3,4,5 times better than Y headphone?"

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #233 of 1,843
Tomorrow must be the day! A dealer in NYC will have them in tomorrow. If I can, I will try to demo them tomorrow. Everything I have purchased from T+A, including the Solitaire P, the SE, and the HA200 has been absolutely top notch. I am really looking forward to hearing the ST, hopefully tomorrow.

Nov 29, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #234 of 1,843
Even when I'm not a religious person at all, I'm putting a lot of candles tonight and praying deeply without stopping so that the next comments / reviews coming from American customers are saying that the ST is the absolute best headphone in the world, wired or not.

Nov 29, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #235 of 1,843
Hi guys, im interested in wireless sound on the go. My picks would be Bathys or ST only. B&W px8 are horrible in tuning (like most B&W headphones), have tried the h95 and sent them back while ago. No Bose, Apple and Sony. Have tried the Senns M4 a couple times and i finally liked the wireless sound- way less typical wireless digital glare on notes. But they falling behind my Hook X paired with the Shanling M8.
My main portable rig is Monarch Mk2+Shanling M8. Is it possible for the ST to beat this setup or at least come close in sound quality?
I would like to get rid of cables finally:)

I have the monarch mk2 and I really like the sound of the ML 5909. Pretty much go between them. What music are you mostly listening to?

I would try all 3 if you can find somewhere with good returns

Nov 29, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #236 of 1,843
I have the monarch mk2 and I really like the sound of the ML 5909. Pretty much go between them. What music are you mostly listening to?

I would try all 3 if you can find somewhere with good returns
Thanx! So you think that the MLs are on the same level as the Monarchs 2 when it comes to the naturalness, realism and depth? That would be very nice.

Nov 29, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #237 of 1,843
Even when I'm not a religious person at all, I'm putting a lot of candles tonight and praying deeply without stopping so that the next comments / reviews coming from American customers are saying that the ST is the absolute best headphone in the world, wired or not.
Who cares! As long as you enjoy them!

Nov 29, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #238 of 1,843
Thanx! So you think that the MLs are on the same level as the Monarchs 2 when it comes to the naturalness, realism and depth? That would be very nice.

They have different sounds signatures and different freq responses but in terms of overall quality yes. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that my ears overheat very easily, no matter what over ear I use, I would probably use the ML over the Mk2. You can't really beat a full sized headphone with IEMs tbh

Nov 29, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #239 of 1,843
Should finally have my pair tomorrow. :):thumbsup:
Tomorrow must be the day! A dealer in NYC will have them in tomorrow. If I can, I will try to demo them tomorrow. Everything I have purchased from T+A, including the Solitaire P, the SE, and the HA200 has been absolutely top notch. I am really looking forward to hearing the ST, hopefully tomorrow.

Look forward to your thoughts guys!

Who cares! As long as you enjoy them!

Yes! People forget this about the hobby too often!

Nov 29, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #240 of 1,843
They have different sounds signatures and different freq responses but in terms of overall quality yes. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that my ears overheat very easily, no matter what over ear I use, I would probably use the ML over the Mk2. You can't really beat a full sized headphone with IEMs tbh
Well it depends and it isnt as simple for me at least. Considering the fact that i preffer the tonal balance of the Monarchs to the Focal Radiance and Arya, makes me sceptical here:) I really would try it myself to be convinced. But these cables make me sick hah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back