T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Nov 28, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #211 of 1,853
I'm hopeful this is the week US retailers finally get their inventory of the ST. I'm traveling this weekend and would love to take them along for testing out my travel theories about how they could be my all in one go to solution. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #212 of 1,853
It's hard to understand why a highly regarded audio company such as T+A would do such a lackluster roll out for the most expensive audiophile bluetooth headphone out there. Even with supply chain issues, you would think that all the marketing, reviews and even the app should have been in place. Compare to Focal's roll out of the Bathys.

Nov 28, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #213 of 1,853
It's hard to understand why a highly regarded audio company such as T+A would do such a lackluster roll out for the most expensive audiophile bluetooth headphone out there. Even with supply chain issues, you would think that all the marketing, reviews and even the app should have been in place. Compare to Focal's roll out of the Bathys.

One thing I'm really hoping is that A+T NEVER doing with the ST something similar like what Focal doing with the Bathys marketing photos below:

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 16.02.44.pngScreenshot 2022-11-28 at 16.02.01.pngScreenshot 2022-11-28 at 16.01.06.png

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #215 of 1,853
Hey! Maybe these type of attractive model-ladies really spend their money on high-end BT cans! :p

Is possible, but is important that you don't forgetting that the ST is looking a little 'plain' / 'boring' and not soooo 'super cool' like Bathys (I personally don't like the design of Bathys very much, by the way)...and you must also thinking that the sound of ST is 'boring' too, so this 'beautiful' models maybe having a disappointment with the ST.

Nov 28, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #216 of 1,853
One thing I'm really hoping is that A+T NEVER doing with the ST something similar like what Focal doing with the Bathys marketing photos below:

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 16.02.44.pngScreenshot 2022-11-28 at 16.02.01.pngScreenshot 2022-11-28 at 16.01.06.png

As someone who loves fashion and design, I actually enjoyed this.

Nov 28, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #217 of 1,853
As someone who loves fashion and design, I actually enjoyed this.

This is fine, this is your preference, but isn't mine.

I'm not averse to fashion at all, by the way, and I LOVE (good) design. The problem for me is the message that a serious audio company is transmitting even when I understand wanting selling a product to people with a lot of money and appearing like selling a sophisticated accessory. (I never buying, for example, the new px8 James Bond edition even if is 200 euros more cheap than the standard version; and the lights on or off in the Focal logo in the Bathys is looking very crass, in my opinion).

Is very more interesting for me the photo below showing in the Solitaire T product page (top) than the photo below showing in the Bathys product page (bottom), this is telling me what is more a priority in the product or company.

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 18.39.50.png

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 16.02.44.png

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #218 of 1,853

I'm not averse to fashion at all, by the way, and I LOVE (good) design. The problem for me is the message that a serious audio company is transmitting even when I understand wanting selling a product to people with a lot of money and appearing like selling a sophisticated accessory. (I never buying, for example, the new px8 James Bond edition even if is 200 euros more cheap than the standard version; and the lights on or off in the Focal logo in the Bathys is looking very crass, in my opinion).

Is very more interesting for me the photo below showing in the Solitaire T product page (top) than the photo below showing in the Bathys product page (bottom), this is telling me what is more a priority in the product or company.

You are just too serious my friend. I don't think selling a sophisticated accessory and a good product are two different things. Luxury vehicles are performance monsters and push strong design language. I would hope that a true luxury product would aim to cover all aspects of luxury. Unrelenting peak design, performance, comfort etc

(I'm saying all this even though I kept the ML in black which is probably the most utilitarian and inconspicuous bahahaha)

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #219 of 1,853
Following!

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #221 of 1,853
Pending.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #222 of 1,853
At least one US dealer in Florida has these in stock for shipping today. Now, hopefully, we’ll get more impressions.

Nov 28, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #223 of 1,853
Has anyone tested the SLT yet with althe 4.4mm balanced cake to a proper desktop amp?

Nov 28, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #224 of 1,853

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 18.39.50.png

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 16.02.44.png

The message here is that somebody sophisticated looking (and female) would not be embarrassed to be seen with the Bathys in public. You are just not the target audience (for this particular ad).

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #225 of 1,853
The message here is that somebody sophisticated looking (and female) would not be embarrassed to be seen with the Bathys in public. You are just not the target audience (for this particular ad).

Oh, I understand perfectly the reasons for this type of marketing, B&O and B&W doing something very similar (the idea of sophistication, etc). Focal, like A+T, are serious about audio, but I'm just very happy that A+T don't choosing this very cliché type of marketing when obviously they can doing that, and I'm happy too that they aren't abusing the "German technology" marketing tool. And I'm even happy that the travel case for the ST is looking very generic (not like the premium H95 or 5909 case) but with very good size, strength and ideal material that is exactly for the purpose of travelling (not the H95 case specially).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back