T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Nov 15, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #91 of 1,883
And other design flaw I seeing but I forgetting mentioning is that 2 lights are always on AND very bright. In my case the green (this is for everybody, is showing headphone is on), and white (because I'm playing AAC files). Some headphones switching the light off completely (my choice) after is on for little moment or the light, if is on all the time, is less bright. This is attention for detail that is very important for me.

BUT, one thing I must mentioning too, and is important for me me, and that is very positive surprise, is that the artificial leather pads aren't making my ears hot and/or my ears sweating (this is ALWAYS a problem for me if isn't genuine leather). Temperature now is 23 degrees celsius, so isn't really hot, but is first time for me with this temperature that the earpads are feeling perfect in this aspect. Tomorrow I will using heater for increasing temperature to 26 degrees because this is the best test for me for knowing if the pads material are ok or not.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #92 of 1,883
Maybe we here in Europe are getting the 'cheap' 1300€ beta version and you in America will getting the better "finished product" 1600€ version. :)

What is not acceptable is that if this headphone is supposing coming with an app, that the app isn't ready for launch. Production can having delays, of course, but the app can continue the development for being ready in time. AND the volume!!

The signature of ST right in this moment I describing as reasonably neutral and, with VERY safe treble for never offending anybody, but is definitely lacking at least little necessary sparkle, so I describing right now as neutral-warm. The very good thing is that mid bass and low bass are NOT elevated, they have perfect weight / amplitude, in my opinion, better than Bathys and PX8.
Cheap is not the word I would use, there is cost of doing business and a higher price tag is expected when shipping over seas.
I understand your frustration with a product launch that might not be perfect. There are plenty examples of this, but that shouldn't mean you count the product out. A great example of this is when Cyberpunk 2077 was launched. It wasn't a great launch, but in the end it was fixed and now is an amazing game. Firmware and apps can always be updated, so it isn't a deal breaker for me.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if they aren't the headphones you like, maybe they will be for someone else.

Nov 15, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #93 of 1,883
Cheap is not the word I would use, there is cost of doing business and a higher price tag is expected when shipping over seas.

I use the word 'cheap' with particular intention and I use smiley face too. Maybe you don't understand my humour?

BUT, the pricing in different markets around the world is seeming arbitrary very often. Focal (France), B&W (UK), B&O (Denmark) are pricing their products very differently in USA market than T+A. And Apple only this year increasing significantly prices of iPhones in Europe but not in the USA. In Europe, they always keeping the price as previous year.

I understand your frustration with a product launch that might not be perfect. There are plenty examples of this, but that shouldn't mean you count the product out. A great example of this is when Cyberpunk 2077 was launched. It wasn't a great launch, but in the end it was fixed and now is an amazing game. Firmware and apps can always be updated, so it isn't a deal breaker for me.

I'm sorry, but in certain level / price some things are simply NOT acceptable. The volume aspect of the Solitaire T is shocking. And this is only one aspect.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if they aren't the headphones you like, maybe they will be for someone else.

This is obvious statement. Always someone will like one thing, others don't. BUT this isn't the point really.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #95 of 1,883
there is cost of doing business and a higher price tag is expected when shipping over seas.
They are made in China! What a strange rationale for a $300 price differential.

Nov 15, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #97 of 1,883
And one more thing I seeng only now: NO multipoint connection. The Solitaire T can only connecting to ONE device! This is a new shock. In 2022 and 1300€??!

Nov 15, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #99 of 1,883
Humble request for anyone who has them to try and listen in passive wired mode (keep the switch on the left ear cup in OFF position) with external source gear. Would love to hear how well they perform with quality wired sources. Thanks!

I think the soundstage is a little bit smaller and the hights a little bit less defined, but otherwise I think they almost Sound the same.

Don‘t have any issues with the volume but I didn‘t had it with the H95 as well. Volume is exactly as on the PX8 btw.

P.s. Soundleakage is minimal, a killer for me with the 5909 and the MW75

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #100 of 1,883
They have not been released in North America. I am guessing everyone on this forum who has tried them must have purchased them in Europe. The sonic characteristics you are describing of the Solitaire T matches the beta version that was circulating around, but not the finished product. I will wait to hear them for myself before making any judgement calls prematurely.
My hunch is that this is related to something linked to in an earlier post in this thread about impressions in a German audio forum:

Post #12 of 99

Specifically this post:

https://www.open-end-music.com/foru...hörer-mobil/649262-t-a-solitaire-t#post657489

A quote from that German post machine translated into English:

"In wired operation via Bluetooth, the volume is required to protect hearing acc. DIN EN 50332-2 limited to 100dB, in wired operation the maximum achievable level is significantly higher."

I believe the second word was either mistranslated or perhaps simply mistyped in the original German and should read "In wireless operation via Bluetooth...". I also believe both that German poster and eLatte are not speculating but instead have information directly from T+A. My hypothesis therefore is that the T was released in Europe with firmware that specifically limits maximum volume output using the built in amp and that this will either not be the case for the North American version, or that a firmware update will come which removes the volume limit.

Nov 16, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #101 of 1,883
It was a mistype, ist has to be wireless.
This DIN thing is annoying, I think the low volume of the H95 was explained the same way by B&O.
Sound is getting better with every hour playing. Never saw this that extrem.

Nov 16, 2022 at 6:43 AM Post #102 of 1,883
Hello, the German post originates from me. It is absolutely correct:

"Im kabelungebundenen Betrieb via Bluetooth ist die Lautstärke zum Schutz des Gehörs gem. DIN EN 50332-2 auf 100dB begrenzt, im kabelgebundenen Betrieb ist der max. erreichbare Pegel deutlich höher."

Translated into English:

"In un-wired operation via Bluetooth, the volume is limited to 100dB to protect hearing in accordance with DIN EN 50332-2, in wired operation the maximum achievable level is significantly higher."

So, no fake-news but it shows that an online-translation engine may be able to come up with the opposite.

Kind regards,

Ingo

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #103 of 1,883
@angelom Is it possible to activate the ANC when listening in 3.5 mm wired mode without turning on Bluetooth? I don't care very much about the whole wireless thing but having a wired headphone with ANC is something I'm interested in.

Also: can you comment on sound leakage compared to the 5909?

Thanks in advance.

Nov 16, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #105 of 1,883
@angelom Is it possible to activate the ANC when listening in 3.5 mm wired mode without turning on Bluetooth? I don't care very much about the whole wireless thing but having a wired headphone with ANC is something I'm interested in.

Also: can you comment on sound leakage compared to the 5909?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can activating ANC BUT bluetooth is still on. In this way (with the headphone on) in my MacBook Pro I have option of choosing 'external headphones' or BT headphones. If I choosing 'external headphone' the Solitaire BT is deactivated in my MacBook.

Sound leakage is better in Solitaire than 5909 but only by little, but this aspect is very good too in 5909. For my test I trying matching volume levels.

--------------

I testing ANC and transparency modes too and they're little better in ST than 5909.

EDIT: With ANC on is little more bass presence, but not a big difference like in 5909 and majority of others ANC headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back