T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Aug 7, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #1,366 of 1,912
[ST case measurements] 21cm x 20cm x 6.5cm

Yes you can pack it much smaller by purchasing a case compatible with the Sony XM4, many are available on Amazon, I am planning myself to buy one.

I have the Sony XM3 still and the case is practically identical like the Sony XM4 case (that I owning and returning quickly because of discomfort in my ears from the earcups), and the XM3 case is NOT "much smaller" than the ST case. The XM3 case measurements: 21.5cm x 17cm x 5.5cm. The real difference is 3cm in width that I don't think is really significant. BUT, more importantly, when I putting my ST in the XM3 case, they fitting ok BUT is a little TOO tight (needing forcing the position a little) and I'm not happy using this for travelling because the earpads are squashing a little. But this is my personal opinion. I think that the ST case is sufficiently small AND strong for travelling. AND is have more space for cables too than the (XM3/XM4) Sony case.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #1,367 of 1,912
Thank you for your answer. Helps.
It is complicated as each device may function or not, be it declared Roon ready or not.

My Hiby R6PII does not work bit perfect with Roon, my iBasso DX 320 does, both not Roon ready...

The T when used wired with the built in DAC could have been working regardless of the Android device used for playback I had hoped, assuming that the T would be the decisive aka Android device in this scenario...
Sorry that I didn't get back to you.

It would be nice if the Solitaire T could do that, however, that's not something T+A, or anyone, can resolve.
The onus is on the playback device first, as that is the effective transport, and either does the main decoding, or offloads to another device for decoding. As most iOS and Android devices are not primarily designed to pass along data streams natively and unmodified to external devices, there will be a compromise of said devices altering the datastream.
Only manufacturers who modify the operating system and/or apps can successfully turn these devices as transport-only, for external decoding, for bit-perfect playback.

That said, if you use any modern phone or tablet, you will still gain a benefit from an external DAC/amp, or in the case of headphones like T+A Solitaire T or Mark Levinson No. 5909, and enjoy music to a good degree. It won't be bitperfect (unless you use something like UAPP app), but you'll have convince and good quality.
Then you have Bluetooth for ultimate wireless convenience and telephony/communication features, and still good quality.
Of course, if your device is optimised for bitperfect playback, USB OTG is a fantastic option, provided that volume is sufficient for you.
And with the Solitaire T, you can go passive for the ultimate experience!

Choice is yours!

Aug 8, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #1,368 of 1,912
EISA Award 2023 for Solitaire T

"The Solitaire T has now received the prestigious EISA Award in the "Premium Wireless Headphones" category from 29 trade magazines from Europe, the USA, Canada, Australia and Japan."

Aug 9, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #1,370 of 1,912
Seeing how they are still improving the software and firmware + people saying the passive is up there with the best - I’ll get one too. I’ll have to wait a paycheck though 🤣 - damn this hobby just doesn’t end… I have one IEM I am drooling over too.

Aug 9, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #1,371 of 1,912
Seeing how they are still improving the software and firmware + people saying the passive is up there with the best - I’ll get one too. I’ll have to wait a paycheck though 🤣 - damn this hobby just doesn’t end… I have one IEM I am drooling over too.
tumblr_nqkeawwflK1tbq1geo1_540.gif
(😀🎧💸)

Also, what colour would you consider (FYI, white/silver is the only choice 😏)?

Aug 9, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #1,372 of 1,912
FYI, white/silver is the only choice 😏

The white/silver is very nice (a surprise for me because I never like white headphones before, so maybe in this case is the combination with silver?), BUT secretly we all know that the 'very boring' black/silver is more nice. :)

Aug 9, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #1,373 of 1,912
The white/silver is very nice (a surprise for me because I never like white headphones before, so maybe in this case is the combination with silver?), BUT secretly we all know that the 'very boring' black/silver is more nice. :)
a24-the-most-violent-year.gif

Ha ha, joking, the black/silver is very handsome, but yeah, T+A nailed the colour scheme for both iterations of the Solitaire T, and the white/silver is astonishingly beautiful.

I usually do not choose white, but the execution is stunning.

Bravo to the designers at Scale Design Company (based in Burgdorf) for helping to create the design of Solitaire T for T+A!

Aug 9, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #1,375 of 1,912
BALLER, that's insane, congrats to you both on getting two of these engineering marvels! 😃🥰
When you get the chance, please ask your wife if she has any thoughts regarding using the Solitaire T (good and bad); I'm sure we all would be interested, alongside your own thoughts of course.

Enjoy your trip to Jamaica with the cans, and remember to take them off and enjoy the beautiful country and experience the culture, music, places, people, and food!
(Also, pics of you both with headphones on your travels too ha ha!).

Aug 9, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #1,376 of 1,912
I am still on the fence guys - guess it will become a Solitaire T or a Dali iO-12.

Seriously missing LDAC on the T (would have joyned the party already if they had implemented it).

But the specs of the Dali are not clear too yet. So still a few weeks of waiting to overcome... :)

Aug 9, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #1,377 of 1,912
The main point of an Headphone remains the SOUND...
Disagree, because if that was the case, we would be having very different discussions and expectations within audio.

When spending more money on luxury things (expensive headphones are a luxury), aesthetics and features are just as valid as the sound quality, and ought to be considered by both the maker and consumer.
They also need to look fit for purpose too depending on usage of the headphone, whether that be studio/mastering, DJ, gym, fashion, high-end or ultra-fi, etc.

Buying very expensive headphones that don't have aesthetic appeal (and depending on the type of headphone, appropriate features) will not do well in the current market.
People like nice things, so this counts.

Sound quality on expensive headphones are as important as everything else, not lesser or greater.
(Manufactures in the high-end space can't afford to do lesser in either sound or aesthetics, because competition is already in a rapid arms race of one-upmanship, or suffer low sales or worse massive losses).

Aug 9, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #1,378 of 1,912
I am still on the fence guys - guess it will become a Solitaire T or a Dali iO-12.

Seriously missing LDAC on the T (would have joyned the party already if they had implemented it).

But the specs of the Dali are not clear too yet. So still a few weeks of waiting to overcome... :)
Let us know your opinion of the Dali-iO2, and whichever one you choose, hope that it suits your needs and that you enjoy your choice!

Aug 9, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #1,379 of 1,912

I'm in the same boat... as soon as IO-12 are out, I'm getting either those or the Solitaire T. There was a pair of ST for sale classified last week I tried to grab and missed--that would have made the decision easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back