T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Sep 20, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #1,367 of 3,178
And now Audeze just release their LCD-5 at $4500 USD ... Lot's of choices!
You thought Solitaire P measures badly... This looks like the valley and the mountains I drew at the primary school.

1632154528295.png

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #1,368 of 3,178
For me a used Solitaire P should cost no more than a new Solitaire P-SE and in fact should probably be a bit less. For me the purchase would be more for the build quality than the absolute performance.
I see, that's roughly half of the retail price.
Goof luck with that, I can't see anyone selling them that low unless they have blemishes.

Sep 20, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #1,369 of 3,178
You thought Solitaire P measure badly... This looks like the valley and the mountains I drew at the primary school.

1632154528295.png
It is an interesting sound they are going for. Minimizing the bass of the LCD-4, while emulating the highs of the CRBN. I'm not sure if I'd like that, but I'm very interested still

Sep 20, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #1,371 of 3,178
For me a used Solitaire P should cost no more than a new Solitaire P-SE and in fact should probably be a bit less. For me the purchase would be more for the build quality than the absolute performance.

The only issue I have heard with the Stealth is that it is hard to drive. However, getting TOTL open backed performance in a closed headphone is a huge deal. I have not yet heard it, but by all accounts Dan hit it out of the ball park with this one. What's even better is the potential to further refine the sound with a combination of pads and his AMTS tuning system. That is a game changer that is loved equally well by hard core measurement freaks and subjectivists.

If the Stealth is as good as it appears to be and as good as you are confirming what would be the rationale for anyone to buy the Solitaire P beyond the build quality? This is why it is so important that headphones at this price point not deviate too much from neutral and do at least one thing exceptionally well. I know from my experience with the Final Audio Sonorous X. I still love it for what it is, but anyone who bought it at its original retail (luckily I bought used and only to collect) is basically screwed!
What Dan has achieved can send the rest of the heaphone designs back to primary school. It is just ridiculous that they achieved that. But many didn't like it, as it is not for metal and bass head crowd. I find the bass superb, but that HT is not everyone's taste. If they release an open back version, I will or sure get it to replace the HEKse.

By the way... Really? This is HT upside down.

1632155203309.png

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #1,372 of 3,178
It is an interesting sound they are going for. Minimizing the bass of the LCD-4, while emulating the highs of the CRBN. I'm not sure if I'd like that, but I'm very interested still
This is like hidjab with mini skirt. But some might have a thing for it, who knows...

Sep 20, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #1,373 of 3,178
Minimizing the Bass sounds horrible to me.
Here I was hoping for a new Bass King... All dreams crushed

Sep 20, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #1,374 of 3,178
Minimizing the Bass sounds horrible to me.
Here I was hoping for a new Bass King... All dreams crushed
I’d say wait till you hear it.

Sep 20, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #1,375 of 3,178
You thought Solitaire P measures badly... This looks like the valley and the mountains I drew at the primary school.

Matching them at 1K suggests that they are trying to address the recessed upper mids/lower treble issues of the LCD-4. Similarly the peaks and dips higher up are likely intended to be subtle refinements to generally accepted LCD-4 issues Whether or not they are successful remains to be seen.

Actually I don't think the Solitaire measures that badly. My only issue is that they chose the wrong area to deviate from neutral. Even then I think the issue is more exposed than it would be on another headphone because the "P" has such good bass.

I see, that's roughly half of the retail price.
Goof luck with that, I can't see anyone selling them that low unless they have blemishes.
It'll happen. With all these new releases people will want to try out what's new and will dump stuff that is no longer flavor of the month. I can wait ...

By the way... Really? This is HT upside down.
Yes it is laughable, however with a switch to their E pads which pulls the treble into better balance with the midrange it is actually not bad. Actually, in my opinion these things are just a pad redesign away from being something special. The funny thing is that even "as is" once your ears adjust to the signature, on some vocals and recordings they can sound absolutely amazing. Reinforces the point that even obviously flawed products can be appreciated for what they are.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #1,377 of 3,178
Has anyone here tried the T+A Ultra Wide earpads on their Solitaire P?
Yes I did.
If you wish for a little more brightness, they are a good fit.

Unlike the Name implies they do not increase the soundstage.

Sep 21, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #1,379 of 3,178
Thanks. Was wondering if they would increase the soundstage. I take it that the pads are the same size as the stock pads?
Yes they are the same size the inner material is the difference.

Sep 21, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #1,380 of 3,178
I love the soundstage of the P with the pad's they came with.....very deep and 3 dimensional....kind of like a more layed susvara soundstage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back