T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Apr 4, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #3,167 of 3,179
If anyone is interested in swapping their Sol P stock XLR cable with my stock 4.4inch cable please DM me.

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #3,168 of 3,179
Happy new club member here. I actually got these a week ago in trade and have been enjoying discovering their sound quite a bit. Having come from brighter planars like HE1000se and especially 1266 TC, these are refreshingly crisp and clear but not hot on top! What I've found more than anything else is they're immense listenability. Nothing is offensive, yet plenty is impressive. Just a real fluidity to the sound. Not hard to drive either, which is also welcome. Comfort is good as well, no complaints there. So far so good with these babies!

t+a.jpeg

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #3,169 of 3,179
If anyone is interested in swapping their Sol P stock XLR cable with my stock 4.4inch cable please DM me.
Same here. I've got a 4.4 OEM cable and am down to swap for a 4 pin if anyone wants :thumbsup:

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:21 PM Post #3,170 of 3,179
Happy new club member here. I actually got these a week ago in trade and have been enjoying discovering their sound quite a bit. Having come from brighter planars like HE1000se and especially 1266 TC, these are refreshingly crisp and clear but not hot on top! What I've found more than anything else is they're immense listenability. Nothing is offensive, yet plenty is impressive. Just a real fluidity to the sound. Not hard to drive either, which is also welcome. Comfort is good as well, no complaints there. So far so good with these babies!

t+a.jpeg

welcome to the club and congrats! the SolP are lovely! if u haven't gotten them already, the ultra wide pads are a good change in sound signature and imo worth buying for a bit of variety. and I see some totaldac goodness at the back!!

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #3,171 of 3,179
welcome to the club and congrats! the SolP are lovely! if u haven't gotten them already, the ultra wide pads are a good change in sound signature and imo worth buying for a bit of variety. and I see some totaldac goodness at the back!!
Cool, thanks! What are the sonic differences with the ultra wide pads? I'm definitely keen to try variations.
Indeed you do, the TD stuff is great IMO :slight_smile:

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #3,172 of 3,179
Cool, thanks! What are the sonic differences with the ultra wide pads? I'm definitely keen to try variations.
Indeed you do, the TD stuff is great IMO :slight_smile:

you lose some low end but get a bump in upper mid and treble clarity, airiness, spaciousness and imaging. it's a nice change and I swap up the pads once in a while depending on mood and music.

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #3,173 of 3,179
you lose some low end but get a bump in upper mid and treble clarity, airiness, spaciousness and imaging. it's a nice change and I swap up the pads once in a while depending on mood and music.
Sounds compelling. Though I am digging the bass on these things for sure! But would be nice to have another option in that respect. Might look into silver cables down the road as well.

Apr 21, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #3,174 of 3,179
Owning the Sus, TC and the Sol P I find the Sol P sound sits in between those other two cans, exhibiting some of the strengths of both, if not quite as well as the other two. It is a happy medium between Sus and TC, and overall easier to live with than the other two (as I have said on here before). From your description it sounds like the ultra wide pads push the Sol P a little further to the Susvara end of that spectrum.

Apr 21, 2024 at 3:42 AM Post #3,175 of 3,179
Hi - Does anyone have a Solitaire P in the Bay Area or open to letting me audition a day? Happy to pay a fee for the kindness :)

I’m happy to send full deposit and cover overnight shipping both ways. Plus a fee to thank you for the trouble!!

Have a new system and would love to see how they sound.

Thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back