T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Jul 2, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #1,007 of 3,218
Just switched back to the stock pads.
This time the change Was very easy.

Definitely my preferred pad tuning.
They really nailed the sound signature with those

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #1,008 of 3,218
Took the plunge on the solitaire P. I’m a novice and don’t have sophisticated ears so won’t be able to articulate what I hear. To me, the bass is simply amazing with lots of presence and the music envelopes you and large (I guess this is sound stage?). Obviously still new but I find it very engaging, immersive, fun and comfortable

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #1,009 of 3,218
Took the plunge on the solitaire P. I’m a novice and don’t have sophisticated ears so won’t be able to articulate what I hear. To me, the bass is simply amazing with lots of presence and the music envelopes you and large (I guess this is sound stage?). Obviously still new but I find it very engaging, immersive, fun and comfortable

Is this your first audiophile headphone ?

Jul 3, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #1,012 of 3,218
Jul 3, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #1,013 of 3,218
I feel the P has bigger and more present bass. The Susvara seems to have more detail and clarity. The P’s sound much “bigger”. So depending on the type of music you listen to, you could favour one over the other. Love them both and I think both are more enjoyable to listen to than the Diana Phi.

please note that the headphones are still new and have barely 20hours of listening time so things might change. Also I’m a novice at this and I’m old so my hearing is definitely not sharp like a 20 year old’s

Jul 3, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #1,015 of 3,218
I feel the P has bigger and more present bass. The Susvara seems to have more detail and clarity. The P’s sound much “bigger”. So depending on the type of music you listen to, you could favour one over the other. Love them both and I think both are more enjoyable to listen to than the Diana Phi.

please note that the headphones are still new and have barely 20hours of listening time so things might change. Also I’m a novice at this and I’m old so my hearing is definitely not sharp like a 20 year old’s
I agree! I also have the Susvara and P and find the bass a bit deeper with the P. I really like them both and don't find I grab one over the other on any given night. It may not be 50/50, but its pretty close

Jul 3, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #1,017 of 3,218
I have the Abyss 1266 phi tc, the Susvara and the Solitaire P and some others. The Abyss was one of the first headphones I acquired. Even though it does have legendary bass, I found it to be far too uncomfortable and fiddly for daily casual use. Also, the treble is somewhat harsh. I think it is overrated.

I agree with comments about the depth of the Solitaire P bass and the sense of 3D or space. The Solitaire P is very comfortable and enveloping. The sound signature is unique. It’s really wonderful. The Susvara is the one headphone I have that needs no EQ. I listen to mostly classical and the Susvara is clear and smooth in every frequency range if powered adequately. So, after beginning this journey in April of 2020, the 3 headphones I use today are the Solitaire P, Susvara and Utopia. I would sell off the others, but I have never sold anything online and I don’t want problems or complications.

Jul 3, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #1,018 of 3,218
I have the Abyss 1266 phi tc, the Susvara and the Solitaire P and some others. The Abyss was one of the first headphones I acquired. Even though it does have legendary bass, I found it to be far too uncomfortable and fiddly for daily casual use. Also, the treble is somewhat harsh. I think it is overrated.

I agree with comments about the depth of the Solitaire P bass and the sense of 3D or space. The Solitaire P is very comfortable and enveloping. The sound signature is unique. It’s really wonderful. The Susvara is the one headphone I have that needs no EQ. I listen to mostly classical and the Susvara is clear and smooth in every frequency range if powered adequately. So, after beginning this journey in April of 2020, the 3 headphones I use today are the Solitaire P, Susvara and Utopia. I would sell off the others, but I have never sold anything online and I don’t want problems or complications.
I’m glad that I’m not the only one who is hearing what I’m hearing!

i’ve never given the Utopia a fair demo and wonder if it’s worth spending some time with it

Jul 3, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #1,019 of 3,218
I’m glad that I’m not the only one who is hearing what I’m hearing!

i’ve never given the Utopia a fair demo and wonder if it’s worth spending some time with it
You should definitely spend time with the Utopias. Since they are not planars they have a different flavor, but they are outstanding headphones. Some think they are bright but a small bit of EQ does wonders if that’s an issue. They are a different animal from the Solitaire Ps but imho, they are among the best headphones I out there.

Jul 3, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #1,020 of 3,218
You should definitely spend time with the Utopias. Since they are not planars they have a different flavor, but they are outstanding headphones. Some think they are bright but a small bit of EQ does wonders if that’s an issue. They are a different animal from the Solitaire Ps but imho, they are among the best headphones I out there.
Thanks, I guess that’s another one to throw into the mix!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back