T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Jul 3, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #1,021 of 3,218
I heard Solitaire P today at my dealer. Unfortunately for some reason they connected it to a NAD M33 instead of the DCS Bartok they had! DOH!

Anyway what struck me is the extreme clarity and resolution of fine details such as decays at the end of notes and room reverb. There was exceptional air around instruments as well as holographic layering that has only been present in TOTL headphones (Sus, TC). Bass had solid impact and slam but was well resolved and textured. I did find the tonality was slightly bright at times but I do wonder if the amp/dac contributed to that. I am going to try to get another audition with it connected to Bartok.

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #1,022 of 3,218
I did find the tonality was slightly bright at times but I do wonder if the amp/dac contributed to that. I am going to try to get another audition with it connected to Bartok.
The upper treble region of P is for me also slightly strong at times (I mentioned this several times also here), with HA200, but I used to add some air. Otherwise especially the bass resolution is like nothing else. I miss it sometimes. :frowning2:

Jul 5, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #1,023 of 3,218
The upper treble region of P is for me also slightly strong at times (I mentioned this several times also here), with HA200, but I used to add some air. Otherwise especially the bass resolution is like nothing else. I miss it sometimes. :frowning2:
I knew it!

Jul 5, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #1,024 of 3,218
I knew it!
How wouldn't I once I hear that unique bass? But time to move on. I tried to reduce both the weight and have a better headband design for my larger head. I have headphones on for a couple of hours per day and it becomes important, and it was a compromise I had to make. Thekk is 390g and Rögnir is 430g, but feels lighter due to the headband design.

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #1,025 of 3,218

Do you like the he1000se more?

Jul 5, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #1,028 of 3,218
Interesting fact about comfort. I was expecting problems after reading this thread. But it turned out that Solitaire P fits my head perfectly. I would say it’s as good or even better than Meze Empyrean, which I thought were the most comfortable pair of headphones I ever owned.
Ya in my 30 minute listen it did feel really comfortable. I think its well designed in that regard. I guess maybe weight might be a factor for some.

Jul 5, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #1,029 of 3,218
Interesting fact about comfort. I was expecting problems after reading this thread. But it turned out that Solitaire P fits my head perfectly. I would say it’s as good or even better than Meze Empyrean, which I thought were the most comfortable pair of headphones I ever owned.
It appears that back of my head is so wide that something like Diana Phi sits on my head like a rider that sits on a fat horse but cannot close his legs. :tired_face: One of the strangest headphone audition experiences of my life.

Jul 5, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #1,030 of 3,218
While nothing comes close to the Meze comfort imho, the Solitaire P still offer amazing comfort. (Better than Arya, LCD etc.)

Jul 5, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #1,032 of 3,218
Jul 9, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #1,033 of 3,218
Just a heads up for anyone considering replacing their Solitaire P-SE stock cable T+A has non standard wiring in their headphone side 3.5mm TRS inputs.
Anschlußbelegung3-5klinke.png

Jul 9, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #1,034 of 3,218
Just a heads up for anyone considering replacing their Solitaire P-SE stock cable T+A has non standard wiring in their headphone side 3.5mm TRS inputs.Anschlußbelegung3-5klinke.png
I really don't get the effort to prevent aftermarket cables, while they don't really offer them on their own.

Jul 9, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #1,035 of 3,218
Just a heads up for anyone considering replacing their Solitaire P-SE stock cable T+A has non standard wiring in their headphone side 3.5mm TRS inputs.Anschlußbelegung3-5klinke.png
That is weird, because I was using an original Denon D9200 cable and a dirt cheap aftermarket cable without any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back