T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
May 12, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #2,252 of 3,218
May 12, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #2,253 of 3,218

oh dear lord.. this album was made for the SolP.

with the ultra wide pads, every drum beat so detailed and with so much texture. the voices so strong, sultry and clear. crazy good imaging and sense of space and height.

I have the SolP out of the pre/power and the Utopia out of the Ferrum stack, both from the May, and I'm so sorry to do this to my beloved Utopia but the SolP just wipes the floor with it in every aspect.
Interesting, what specifically is that much better in SoIP vs Utopia?

May 12, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #2,255 of 3,218
Screenshot_20220512-233105_Roon.jpg

oh dear lord.. this album was made for the SolP.

with the ultra wide pads, every drum beat so detailed and with so much texture. the voices so strong, sultry and clear. crazy good imaging and sense of space and height.

I have the SolP out of the pre/power and the Utopia out of the Ferrum stack, both from the May, and I'm so sorry to do this to my beloved Utopia but the SolP just wipes the floor with it in every aspect.
Man you are making me salivate toward the SoIP

May 13, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #2,256 of 3,218
Interesting, what specifically is that much better in SoIP vs Utopia?

in reference to the album I posted, the most stark difference is the ease in which the SolP portrays the soundstage, width, height, and most notably the space in between instruments/elements and the singer. the album has songs with passages that can get quite busy and complex, and switching between the SolP and the Utopia, it quickly becomes apparent how much better the SolP handles those passages.

I find the SolP bass really very good (even with the ultra wide pads) in terms of speed, detail and punch. I'd say it out punches the utopia, and approaches the TC. with the ultra wide pads, there is definitely less bloom and slightly less extension than with the stock pads, but it is much tightened and easier to make out details.

vocals are even more pinpoint, strong and crisp than the Utopia. however, the vocals are also more forward placed than the Utopia, which some may not prefer.

Man you are making me salivate toward the SoIP

Lol.. I hope I'm not setting u up for disappointment. fingers crossed it is to your liking.

May 13, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #2,257 of 3,218
FB_IMG_1652437345719.jpg

Not sure what that "switch" like thing is.
Maybe it's a wireless headphone or has "tuning selection" like some Beyerdynamic models.

Curious...

May 13, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #2,258 of 3,218
Dots are looking like charging LEDs
On the other blurred side of the headphone seem to be more controls like for Bluetooth/playback control

May 13, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #2,259 of 3,218
Dots are looking like charging LEDs
On the other blurred side of the headphone seem to be more controls like for Bluetooth/playback control
I agree with you. Based on that and the controls in the far cup I won’t be surprised if they are Bluetooth headphones.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
May 13, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #2,261 of 3,218
Would be an interesting move indeed. If that is the case I hope they use the latest high res wireless protocols (LDAC / aptx HD / UAT etc.)
And the possibility of wired use.

May 13, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #2,262 of 3,218
Isnt Hifiman trying to make more wireless headphones as well? I remember watching an interview with Dr Fang saying he thinks that’s where the future will be.

May 13, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #2,263 of 3,218
in reference to the album I posted, the most stark difference is the ease in which the SolP portrays the soundstage, width, height, and most notably the space in between instruments/elements and the singer. the album has songs with passages that can get quite busy and complex, and switching between the SolP and the Utopia, it quickly becomes apparent how much better the SolP handles those passages.

I find the SolP bass really very good (even with the ultra wide pads) in terms of speed, detail and punch. I'd say it out punches the utopia, and approaches the TC. with the ultra wide pads, there is definitely less bloom and slightly less extension than with the stock pads, but it is much tightened and easier to make out details.

vocals are even more pinpoint, strong and crisp than the Utopia. however, the vocals are also more forward placed than the Utopia, which some may not prefer.

Lol.. I hope I'm not setting u up for disappointment. fingers crossed it is to your liking.
No worries. If I don’t like it, I won’t blame you. We all have different ears and wants. I’m semi satisfied with Susvara and TC. Looking for something in between with slightly darker treble. We shall see how it goes. But planning to consolidate and pick 1 or 2 headphones to keep. Need to focus more on listening to music instead of collecting more headphones lol

May 13, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #2,264 of 3,218
No worries. If I don’t like it, I won’t blame you. We all have different ears and wants. I’m semi satisfied with Susvara and TC. Looking for something in between with slightly darker treble. We shall see how it goes. But planning to consolidate and pick 1 or 2 headphones to keep. Need to focus more on listening to music instead of collecting more headphones lol
If those are your criteria, I predict you're gonna love the Soli P!

May 13, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #2,265 of 3,218
If those are your criteria, I predict you're gonna love the Soli P!
Cool. Yeah I feel the Susvara’s are great but lack bass presence. They go low and are accurate but not enough in amount. They also sound limp with less weight to the overall sound than the TCs. TCs have great bass but the way it presents the music is more brute force and less seductive. Very industrial. I would love a can that was a combination of the Susvara and TC.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back