T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
May 17, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #2,281 of 3,218
May 17, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #2,282 of 3,218
Received my Grand cable from @lavricables
Amazing build quality, matches the quality of the headphone way better than the stock cable.
Really great ergonomics too and doesn't drag the headphone down, yet it's built like a tank haha.

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #2,283 of 3,218
Received my Grand cable from @lavricables
Amazing build quality, matches the quality of the headphone way better than the stock cable.
Really great ergonomics too and doesn't drag the headphone down, yet it's build like a tank haha.
Pls also share your listening impressions vs stock.
My new Solitaire P is finally in transit - I will first wait for the stock package before ordering a new cable to make sure I am compatible to the fit.

May 19, 2022 at 5:02 AM Post #2,284 of 3,218
Solitaire P finally arrived and now burning in...

Interested in some examples of PEQ settings for raising the upper mids dip.
Can you share your settings?

Also I failed trying to spontaneously change the pads against the wide models according to the included manual and didn't want to destroy anything - will need to check previous posts again

Attachments

• C34FD076-B83B-4C8D-8792-FEAEF948D652.jpeg
    C34FD076-B83B-4C8D-8792-FEAEF948D652.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
May 19, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #2,285 of 3,218
Also I failed trying to spontaneously change the pads against the wide models according to the included manual and didn't want to destroy anything - will need to check previous posts again
YouTube-Video for changing the earpads - see this post . There's also an explanation here .

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #2,286 of 3,218

Nice!

Sharing some experience owning the headphone for 2 weeks now: If the headband feels a bit awkward at first, just let it settle for 2 weeks of use on your head. It kinda shapes automatically to your head. At least it did that for me. Wouldn't recommend any forced bending if they feel awkward at first use.

May 19, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #2,287 of 3,218

Nice! give it some time to open up. if u like the sound, ditch the stock cable and pair it with some nice silver. the pad change is difficult at first.. takes a few goes to get used to it. the rubber ring is quite stiff and a bit tough to tuck in at the very end.

May 19, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #2,288 of 3,218
May 19, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #2,289 of 3,218
I tried to create a template EQ profile for Solitaire P, using the Pro Q3 VST3 plugin on JRiver Media Center. I used the slope parameter (dB / oct value in the screenshots, which creates the flat bell tops). It can also be applied to PulseEffects parametric EQ on Linux, which also can modify the slope.

You can disable the 4th point, if you like but I wanted to tame the treble a bit more. Just to be on the safe side, I tried to the keep the 9-10 kHz region flat, then a constant rise for the air frequencies and the 5th point is exactly for that which can also be disabled (closer to flatter D8000 air frequencies). The bass performance is for me perfect, so nothing there.

I tried to keep the tonality unchanged with thicker mids but add a little bit of air and mid clarity. It improves the piano sound and vocal clarity. But a bigger bump in the upper mids / treble region might make, for example, the drum bell sound too disintegrated from the rest, so kept the change subtle.

Here are the single EQ settings from left to right:

Hi
Don't know if anyone else has tried the previously posted eq settings using a standard PEQ software like Roon?
Am only able to specify peaks and highshelf but no slope parameters to specify flat bell tops?
1652993201616.png

Anyways it's still burning in and maybe yet to early to experiment and expect stable results.
For now I am enjoying Roon-HQ-Player with poly-sincgauss-hires-lp filter in PCM mode and quite satisfied with the result.
For sure a better Swiss knife for my all-day-listening purposes and getting a satisfying bass response without need for equing and overall a non-fatiguing signature.

Straight IPAD to Holo Audio Spring 3 NOS with Apple Music sounds really nice too, e.g James Blake "The Wilhelm Scream"
Very nicely sharp rendered holographic stage, object positioning seems to be better identifiable than Susvara.
What a nice dry punchy bass response - it's indeed close to TC in that regards without needing to fiddle around with the frame.

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #2,290 of 3,218
Hi
Don't know if anyone else has tried the previously posted eq settings using a standard PEQ software like Roon?
Am only able to specify peaks and highshelf but no slope parameters to specify flat bell tops?
1652993201616.png

Anyways it's still burning in and maybe yet to early to experiment and expect stable results.
For now I am enjoying Roon-HQ-Player with poly-sincgauss-hires-lp filter in PCM mode and quite satisfied with the result.
For sure a better Swiss knife for my all-day-listening purposes and getting a satisfying bass response without need for equing and overall a non-fatiguing signature.

Straight IPAD to Holo Audio Spring 3 NOS with Apple Music sounds really nice too, e.g James Blake "The Wilhelm Scream"
Very nicely sharp rendered holographic stage, object positioning seems to be better identifiable than Susvara.
What a nice dry punchy bass response - it's indeed close to TC in that regards without needing to fiddle around with the frame.
It should be OK. I was using another PEQ which is actually a studio grade VST plug-in (FabFilter ProQ3) and it has more fancy features. The standard Roon PEQ should be good enough.

May 20, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #2,291 of 3,218
It should be OK. I was using another PEQ which is actually a studio grade VST plug-in (FabFilter ProQ3) and it has more fancy features. The standard Roon PEQ should be good enough.
Thx mate!
Funny that I finally came to your suggestion for nice headphones 1 year later and now you don't even have the headphones any more 😉

May 20, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #2,292 of 3,218
I changed up some tubes in my Primaluna Evo 400 pre and swapped in four NOS mullard 12au7 tubes.

If I can just keep myself from pulling the trigger on an LTA Z40+ integrated amp and stay far far away from a Stax X9000... this may well be end game ha ha ha famous last words..

sotm, holo may, pre/power, SolP ultra + wide pads. hqplayer pcm 768, lns15, Poly sinc short mp.

those mullard tubes.. wow!

May 20, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #2,293 of 3,218
Thx mate!
Funny that I finally came to your suggestion for nice headphones 1 year later and now you don't even have the headphones any more 😉
Then maybe you should already grab the DCA Stealth. :wink: Since then I didn't even feel the need to check anything else. It is not the fun technical bass master the Solitaire P is, but "the" headphones that is from design to sound that is the next level of everything.

May 20, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #2,294 of 3,218
Finally got the ultra-wide pads on.
One side went quite well but the other side...man, hope to either improve my mounting skills or not needing to swap so often.
I felt that even the awkward Susvara mounting technique was easier for me :wink:

First listening impression with the ultra-wide pads is confirming @Roasty s earlier description of less bloom, less bass impact but more detail and texture.
I feel somehow the signature to be more consistent (and maybe also closer to what I was used to hear from Susvara - besides the stronger and DRYER bass on the Sol P, something I somehow disliked on the Susvaras where I really appreciate the sweet and rounded vocals but not the for my taste too warm and rounded bass with or without PEQ).
Right now I feel like I don't need to apply extra EQ to SolP as the whole presentation is more open and ethereal to my ears compared to the stock pads, something I also liked from the Susvaras before.
Really interesting how some pads can change the signature, it's really like a different headphone.

Right now I might have only like 8-10h of playback on them...

May 20, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #2,295 of 3,218

Users who are viewing this thread

Back