T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
May 9, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #2,236 of 3,218
Thanks for sharing! it is always a relief for me to read a different view/opinion! I get a bit hesitant posting about or recommending stuff sometimes, since everyone hears differently. last thing I want is to be the cause of people spending money and being disappointed.

can u share your chain? Ive setup mine to have as little glare/digitus as possible, and have some tubes in my chain and am guessing that could be helping with the top end somewhat.

Audirvana -> HA 200 -> AC Aeris -> Sol P (HA 200 is configured as @xenithon 's described in his post)

And, in mobile: Lotoo LPGT Ti -> AC Aeris -> Sol P

Wondering what have you done to have as little glare/digitus as possible?

Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #2,237 of 3,218
Wondering what have you done to have as little glare/digitus as possible?

sotm switch, fiber optic connection, optical module, power conditioners, grounding box etc probably some snake oil and a lot of placebo but heck whatever sounds good in the mind is all that matters.

also running warmish tube combi on my pre. and any residual harshness is further reduced using a few specific filters on hqp; I find Poly-sinc-xtr-mp, gauss long / gauss xla, and hires-lp are very good reducing glare/edginess and at the same time giving a bit more bass too. running dsd filters smoothes it out even more, but I feel at the expense of some dynamism.

Poly sinc xtr mp is probably my fav filter with TC (and Susvara previously).

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #2,238 of 3,218
FB_IMG_1652201496920.jpg

This time in better light.
Looks like their first closed back to me.

May 10, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #2,239 of 3,218
FB_IMG_1652201496920.jpg
This time in better light.
Looks like their first closed back to me.
Ok good, just dont need it to be the Sol P successor yet ... just bought mine and waiting for it to come in ... meze liric contender?

May 10, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #2,240 of 3,218
Ok good, just dont need it to be the Sol P successor yet ... just bought mine and waiting for it to come in ... meze liric contender?
Well the picture indicates a closed back.
My dealer of choice told me it's "something to round off the lineup at the bottom"

1+1 Puts it potentially really in a "Liric contender" spot

I expect it to be still pricier than the Liric but it should be below 3200€

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #2,241 of 3,218
My dealer of choice told me it's "something to round off the lineup at the bottom"

Curious on why you still have the Empys, Elite as well? I thought the Solitaire P would cannibalize them. Anything the Meze's have that the Sol P doesn't? I used to own the Empys, loved the midrange for female vocals, better than Susvara in that aspect. But I didn't like the lack of detail and sub bass presence.

May 10, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #2,242 of 3,218
Curious on why you still have the Empys, Elite as well? I thought the Solitaire P would cannibalize them. Anything the Meze's have that the Sol P doesn't? I used to own the Empys, loved the midrange for female vocals, better than Susvara in that aspect. But I didn't like the lack of detail and sub bass presence.
They have "fun factor" and "unrivaled comfort". They have a captivating sound that just gets you toe tapping.

The Solitaire-P cannibalizes them in detail retrieval and subbass performance but the Mezes have a very addicting easy to listen to sound signature.

I am not a "detailhead", or at least I don't need it all the time. In those moments the Empyrean and Liric are just fine.

The Elite is actually "close enough" in detail, here the subbass difference was the deciding factor on why I still need the Solitaire P on top.

May 10, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #2,243 of 3,218

I listened to the Liric for the first time at Axpona and loved it. Really hard to beat at $2k usd.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
May 10, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #2,244 of 3,218
I listened to the Liric for the first time at Axpona and loved it. Really hard to beat at $2k usd.
Fully agree, really worth the price tag. Even though all my other headphones are a tier higher the Liric still receives equal headtime.

May 10, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #2,245 of 3,218
They have "fun factor" and "unrivaled comfort". They have a captivating sound that just gets you toe tapping.

The Solitaire-P cannibalizes them in detail retrieval and subbass performance but the Mezes have a very addicting easy to listen to sound signature.

I am not a "detailhead", or at least I don't need it all the time. In those moments the Empyrean and Liric are just fine.

The Elite is actually "close enough" in detail, here the subbass difference was the deciding factor on why I still need the Solitaire P on top.
What does the Elite excel in that the Sol P doesnt? Its musicality? More seductive midrange?

May 10, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #2,246 of 3,218
just received a set of ultra-wide earpads from @ThanatosVI.

pulling off the stock pads was quite easy (after reading the guide.. you actually have to start pulling from the inside of pads) and installing the new set was quite simple too; just a matter of slowly fitting a stiff rubber support ring into the cup grooves.

the ultra-wide pads are as described on the website ie increased clarity of the highs and slightly reduced mid range. the low end still sounds very good to me; perhaps just a bit less in amount, but still punchy and extends well. I was a bit worried because I've read the mids and lows suffer a bit, but I'm actually liking what I'm hearing; it sounds sort of like a susvara but with more low end.

those of you who tried the P and sent it back because it lacked clarity/air/sparkle, the ultra wide pads would probably have done the trick.

*edit wow just listened to my favourite album by Moriarty. it's amazing what a change of pads can do to the sound!
Are you still rocking the ultra wide pads?

May 10, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #2,247 of 3,218
Are you still rocking the ultra wide pads?

yep. really nice with vocals, jazz, easy listening etc but may want to stick with stock pads if u listen to more rock, dance music, edm and the like. pad swap takes less than a minute and it's nice to have the option.

May 12, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #2,248 of 3,218
Screenshot_20220512-233105_Roon.jpg

oh dear lord.. this album was made for the SolP.

with the ultra wide pads, every drum beat so detailed and with so much texture. the voices so strong, sultry and clear. crazy good imaging and sense of space and height.

I have the SolP out of the pre/power and the Utopia out of the Ferrum stack, both from the May, and I'm so sorry to do this to my beloved Utopia but the SolP just wipes the floor with it in every aspect.

May 12, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #2,249 of 3,218
Screenshot_20220512-233105_Roon.jpg

oh dear lord.. this album was made for the SolP.

with the ultra wide pads, every drum beat so detailed and with so much texture. the voices so strong, sultry and clear. crazy good imaging and sense of space and height.

I have the SolP out of the pre/power and the Utopia out of the Ferrum stack, both from the May, and I'm so sorry to do this to my beloved Utopia but the SolP just wipes the floor with it in every aspect.
Must give it a go. I absolutely adore Feist’s earlier work but haven’t listened to her last couple of albums.

May 12, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #2,250 of 3,218
I think I was the first one who came with Sol P. I was ordering a retermination for my old Grand, so we arranged everything via email. I've measured an opening in headphone cup and and it turned out just fine:

photo_2022-05-06 00.03.57.jpeg

photo_2022-05-06 00.04.01.jpeg

Since now they know a size of opening, you'll probably just need to email them with an order. I have older version of Lavricables Grand with solid cores. Current version is made from Litz wire. It has bigger conductor cross section and should be better than mine.
Do you know where lavricables is located?
PL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back