Synergistic Research "Atmosphere"
Nov 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #32 of 50
It shows what Atmosphere is. It's the iPad version of a baby's busy box... lots of buttons that don't really do anything.

Nov 28, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #33 of 50
Ok so I've taken the audio from this video and cut it up into smaller pieces and swapped back and forward between the two tracks a little faster so it's easier to tell if you hear anything or not.  I understand an mp3 of a video shot off a phone recording the music doesn't reproduce soundstage etc accurately, but it's the same audio from the video, just swapped a little bit faster.

http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/71898713/file.html

Sorry about the ads guys.  I guess there's no such thing as free file hosting.  If anyone has a better spot to save it to I'm more than happy to update the link...

Nov 28, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #34 of 50
sounds the same to me

Nov 28, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #36 of 50
I think no difference is their "house sound signature"

Nov 28, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #37 of 50
Here is a quite favorable review of another Synergistic Research "transducer." 

http://www.audiostream.com/content/synergistic-research-ect-electronic-circuit-transducer

What type of energy or signal is being changed into a different type of energy or signal is not clear from reading the review.  While the US$300 for five pieces may seem a bit pricey, the reviewer asserts that the improvement to sound quality they wrought on his system was well worth their price. 

wink_face.gif

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #38 of 50
  What type of energy or signal is being changed into a different type of energy or signal is not clear from reading the review.

Sure it is.

The ECTs convert ultra-high frequencies that are found with RFI-EMI circuit board component emissions to more musically consonant frequencies.

So apparently it turns RFI/EMI noise into harmonic distortion, or something. Sounds good to me!

I'm more interested in this:

Synergistic Research states that high frequency noise is reduced with a resultant drop in the perceived noise floor.

A reduction in high frequency noise should be easily validated with measurements. Syn Res, are you willing or able to provide any? Surely you've run your own analysis during development.

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #39 of 50
Here is a quite favorable review of another Synergistic Research "transducer." 

http://www.audiostream.com/content/synergistic-research-ect-electronic-circuit-transducer

What type of energy or signal is being changed into a different type of energy or signal is not clear from reading the review.  While the US$300 for five pieces may seem a bit pricey, the reviewer asserts that the improvement to sound quality they wrought on his system was well worth their price. 

:wink_face:  

The readers comments from that link make for interesting reading! :)

And it seems Syn Res offer no measurements for their ECT.

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #40 of 50

Sure it is.

The ECTs convert ultra-high frequencies that are found with RFI-EMI circuit board component emissions to more musically consonant frequencies.

So apparently it turns RFI/EMI noise into harmonic distortion, or something. Sounds good to me!

Actually, it doesn't say that.  That would read: "The ECT converts ultra-high RFI/EMI frequencies..."  Instead it says: "ultra-high frequencies that ARE FOUND with RFI-EMI circuit board component emissions."  Note that it doesn't say it is working on RFI/EMI.  Instead it says it is working on "ultra-high frequencies" without specifying frequencies of what, and that these "frequencies" may or may not exist in the presence of component emissions (emissions of what?).

Call me crazy, but for me at least, the quoted sentence is so completely equivocal as to defy any reasonable attempt to discern its meaning.  Accordingly, I have no idea whether the gadget is working as a transducer or not. 

Nov 29, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #43 of 50
Even if it did help with extra high frequency noise, why does the picture show them stuck to power components which would be generating noise at 50 / 60 Hz, if at all.

There is so many things about this that sound suss it's ridiculous.

Nov 29, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #44 of 50
Has anyone listened to Atmosphere drunk? Is there any difference ? Is sound not so " hard " anymore and there's a little differences , little but you notice them ?
I noticed when I have a cute girl in my arms my stereo sounds so much better!!

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #45 of 50
Okay just found this. 

http://www.stereophile.com/content/rmaf-2014-john-atkinson-wraps-his-wreport

Creates a binaural RF field that swamps external RF fields and allows our senses to operate properly.    Works off the Schumann Resonance frequencies and harmonics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances

As those are 3hz to 60 hz and it is RF sure would like to know how those are made into binaural RF at those frequencies, and such a small device.  Seems the device would be better placed behind the listener as that is what is being corrected here.  Imagine if they made this a gov't project.  It would allow swamping with binaural RF for the entire earth and the entire human race would have their senses operate properly.  Don't know how big the transmitter needs to be, but judging by this maybe not all that big.  Those low frequencies travel quite a ways.   

Wow, just Wow.

I sure hope Mr. Denney can post here and tell us more.   I do believe most of SR's recent product announcements have been the result of some psychological research alright.   Mr. Denney is not just lead designer at SR.  He is also the owner. 

In the comments section of the stereophile link someone who attended WRMAF 2014's SR Atmosphere demo commented,

"I too definitely heard greater soundstage proportions and three-dimensionality with Atmosphere and its module engaged. The demo was 100% convincing. The thing works."

I also noticed in the same article that the Atmosphere costs $1995 with add on mood modules at $495 each.

At those prices you would very expect the product to work and very well at that! :)

Also, I never knew speakers could cost so much, one stereophile commenter mentions along the lines of speakers with a starting costing $5000 only begin to sound exceptional.

Seriously, if anyone is into that kind of top end speakers scene, I think that's great if it gives more pleasure in return, absolutely, but I've also read that much cheaper certain top end headphones can produce the same sound quality as much more expensive speakers, so I'm sticking with my headphones for now.

But sometimes when I see some prices of audiophile stuff, I nearly die :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back