Synergistic Research "Atmosphere"
Nov 23, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #16 of 50
I meant the idea of " atmosphere" that setts the mood or presentation of sound. Just like we switch pads on headphones to effect the sound, leather pads or velour. Thick or thin..
Or tube rolling? Different tubes gives different sound presentation, it's the same sound of your setup with same gear in it, just atmosphere is different. We also change speakers placement in our rooms, we can give sound more buddy and warmth by hanging a thick wool carpet on the wall behind speakers, or simply put a bookshelf at sidewalls, in places where unwanted reflections hit the wall and soundstage will grow and become more pronanced...

Of course all those things have to do with acoustic and adjusting the sound ...

But what if there was a device that made it possible to sett the " mood " of sound without going thrue all the things I mentioned above...
I like the idea of " atmosphere" but I don't think guys in YouTube video made it possible...

I also liked the idea of hovering board from Back To The Future movie, but I didn't think it was for real :)

Nov 23, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #17 of 50
I meant the idea of " atmosphere" that setts the mood or presentation of sound. Just like we switch pads on headphones to effect the sound, leather pads or velour. Thick or thin..
Or tube rolling? Different tubes gives different sound presentation, it's the same sound of your setup with same gear in it, just atmosphere is different. We also change speakers placement in our rooms, we can give sound more buddy and warmth by hanging a thick wool carpet on the wall behind speakers, or simply put a bookshelf at sidewalls, in places where unwanted reflections hit the wall and soundstage will grow and become more pronanced...

Of course all those things have to do with acoustic and adjusting the sound ...

But what if there was a device that made it possible to sett the " mood " of sound without going thrue all the things I mentioned above...
I like the idea of " atmosphere" but I don't think guys in YouTube video made it possible...

I also liked the idea of hovering board from Back To The Future movie, but I didn't think it was for real :)

Oh, I get you now, totally :)

I guess SR's proposition by idea is good but their reality seems to not follow through perhaps.

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #18 of 50
But what if there was a device that made it possible to sett the " mood " of sound without going thrue all the things I mentioned above.

That's  what booze is for.

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #20 of 50
Not if you're tea total
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't underestimate the mood altering power of a good cup of tea.

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #22 of 50
Black ceylon Tea , no sugar, dark.... Mmmmm...

Nov 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #24 of 50
At the risk of going off subject, tea is calorie free and increases metabolism :)

Fact :)

À hot cup of proper cooked tea makes soundstage wider, and more pronanced, separetion between instruments is better, and mids get warn and smooth! Add à shiny disco ball to the room and music will sound even better, fact!

Nov 26, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #26 of 50
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152942800796579

This just in! You can "scan" your Atmosphere Tuning Module to unlock additional "settings"!

Nov 26, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #27 of 50
At the risk of going off subject, tea is calorie free and increases metabolism :)

Fact :)

The other stuff in tea, like milk, sugar, they all add up though. You can take green tea extract supps instead of drinking actual tea to get the same effect

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #29 of 50
I drink my tea bare, leaves and boiling water, uncluttered by sweeteners. Like a man :mad:

I put tea leaves in mouth , chew it for few minutes then put boiling water in my mouth straight from the kettle. Cups and sugar is for girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back