Symphonium Titan - Impressions and reviews
Apr 9, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #167 of 368
Yeap! The sockets are also internally reinforced by the aluminum shell so there's no worry about socket durability.

Thanks for the pictures of the new packaging. We worked hard on this one!

If you notice, we've introduced a newer and larger black metal case with the new boxes which should better fit IEMs and cables.
Additionally the introduction of a cleaning cloth, a new style of cleaning brushes and a protective pouch for each individual side of the IEM (also colloquially known as the ball-sac pouch :stuck_out_tongue:)
Packaging and presentation rocked! Very happy.

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #169 of 368
Leaving my initial impressions here as well.

Tl;dr - very satisfying bass and dimensional staging.

IMG_4704.jpeg

Stock tips lasted all of 5 minutes. Divinus Velvets bring as much bass but more detail and texture, so the rest of these impressions are with those and stock everything else.

Loads of bass and sub bass that slams and decays and rumbles without losing detail, sloping cleanly towards a midrange that favours male vocals and instruments in that register.

A spacious well-proportioned soundstage - not overly wide but with some proper depth and height to it - as well as good imaging and layering.

Treble is smooth and well extended, which helps with all the spatial detail and positional cues.

Good dynamics. If your music leaps from thunderous to practically inaudible, Titan follows.

IMG_4616.jpeg

Requires a bit of juice. Past noon on the Tsuranagi. Extra high gain on the Dethonray DTR1+. And so on. In fact I hadn’t realised the DTR1+ was capable of rendering such deep sub bass but now I know.

I usually index hard for coherency, and the sub bass here is of audibly different character - more bloom, slower decay - than the rest of the frequency range (though one might argue it can reasonably be expected of a hybrid). The Titan is not exactly brightness and sunshine, but when it hits ultra low frequencies it turns into another, darker beast. It’s kind of tantalising though, and I’m enjoying it so not inclined to roast it on that count, not just yet anyway.

Anyway we’ll see what happens after some burn in.

And yes there’s a vent - cleverly hidden. No pressure buildup that I can feel.

IMG_4712.jpeg

Paired with the new Einstürzende Neubauten album as I write this.

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #170 of 368
The mids are neutral, not recessed like the Meteor. The meteor is warmer. Definitely more musical than the Crimson. The Crimson leans to a hotter treble, this is bassy and smooth with ample treble to balance the big bass and create a spacious stage. Not smooth like some cheap IEM, just not detailed like the Crimson. I don't have the Helios and Triton.
Thank you for this. I currently have the Fatfreq Maestro Mini and Scarlet Mini for bass, but am letting go the former, and the 64 Audio Tia Fourte, TOTL from a few years back that still remain relevant for my detailed reference. Titan might be the way to go for me, don't need another airy, highly detailed treble reference IEMs in my collection.

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #171 of 368
Thanks for the pictures of the new packaging. We worked hard on this one!

If you notice, we've introduced a newer and larger black metal case with the new boxes which should better fit IEMs and cables.
Additionally the introduction of a cleaning cloth, a new style of cleaning brushes and a protective pouch for each individual side of the IEM (also colloquially known as the ball-sac pouch :stuck_out_tongue:)
Even with the nice, bigger case, I can't fit my EA Cadmus 8W with Titan in it comfortably. It does fit the default 4 wire cable nicely though. Buying another Pelican 1010 for the Titan & Cadmus.

The cleaning cloth, quality eartips, good default cable, IEM "booties" (ball-sack pouch), and really nice packaging makes spending $1k feel more worthwhile.

Bravo Symphonium on going the extra mile with the premium presentation, packaging, accessories, and unboxing experience. It'd be nice if all companies cared this much about giving customers such an awesome experience.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #172 of 368
Even with the nice, bigger case, I can't fit my EA Cadmus 8W with Titan in it comfortably. It does fit the default 4 wire cable nicely though. Buying another Pelican 1010 for the Titan & Cadmus.

The cleaning cloth, quality eartips, good default cable, IEM "booties" (ball-sack pouch), and really nice packaging makes spending $1k feel more worthwhile.

Bravo Symphonium on going the extra mile with the premium presentation, packaging, accessories, and unboxing experience. It'd be nice if all companies cared this much about giving customers such an awesome experience.

I figure the team must have someone with an industrial/product design background and a clear ideology as to how the brand/company “Symphonium Audio” should appear in a very crowded market, kudos to them for such a clear vision.

The packaging on my Meteor was top notch, even if I’m still in a huff over not getting a nice red lined case :wink: , only joking guys….only joking………just a little huff…….teeny wee huff……..but it’s there…….

Apr 9, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #173 of 368
Is this the vent? Very clever 😀

IMG_4629.jpeg

IMG_4629.jpeg
1712707142373.png

Smart and good placement. No need to make an ugly hole through the aluminum shell or forged carbon fiber faceplate.

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:35 AM Post #174 of 368
Been listening to the Titan the entire day. What an incredible IEM.

The huge, textured, rumbly, deep, hard-hitting, high quality bass is super addicting but Titan is so balanced and tuned so well, it's really versatile and sound amazing with so many genres of music.

Loving it so far. Clean, detailed, good (not great) technicalities. Such an engaging, fun, dynamic IEM. Everything just sounds grand and epic with this IEM. Extremely comfortable too, with no discomfort 8+ hours of wearing/using it.

Great job, Symphonium. You guys have done something special with the Titan.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #175 of 368
Thanks for all the compliments so far. We are glad that you guys are liking the Titan.

I do agree that the team did a fantastic job on the tuning of this one.
Although resolution is not on-par with Crimson, the Titan provides a more fun and smooth sound signature overall.
In fact I personally find myself using the Titan more these days but the Crimson still has it's place depending on mood.

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Apr 10, 2024 at 6:25 AM Post #176 of 368
Thanks for all the compliments so far. We are glad that you guys are liking the Titan.

I do agree that the team did a fantastic job on the tuning of this one.
Although resolution is not on-par with Crimson, the Titan provides a more fun and smooth sound signature overall.
In fact I personally find myself using the Titan more these days but the Crimson still has it's place depending on mood.
Imaging having Crimson and Titan side by side and say "hmm, today I'm in Titan mood". Jealous :dt880smile:

Are you going to release some blog posts on Titan? That CORE technology seems interesting.

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #177 of 368
Imaging having Crimson and Titan side by side and say "hmm, today I'm in Titan mood". Jealous :dt880smile:

Are you going to release some blog posts on Titan? That CORE technology seems interesting.

I wish we could do blogposts on the Titan but there likely won't be someone in the team with enough free time to write it.

As for CORE, the best explanation I can give is that we took the internal structure of the shell and tried to optimize driver placement within that.

I think 3D printing the insides allow for a much more customized solution for driver placement and mounting.
We can literally add specialized venting holes and there's the possibility of adding custom back chamber structures.
If we wanted to we could go crazy with like horn designs, tube designs, multi-DD mounting designs etc

It's basically allows us to do much more with the internal space and I'm looking forward to see this implemented in unique ways in the future.

This sounds awesome on Titan :dt880smile:

Actually if you do join our Discord (QR code in the Box) - I've created a 'Titan Recommended Playlist' that is open for people to freely add.
There's a decent number of tracks in there as well as in our #music-recommendations.

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Apr 11, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #180 of 368
Ordered mine today from headphones.com

Super excited to hear these :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back