Symphonium Crimson - Impressions and Reviews (The Next Standard)
Oct 6, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #241 of 445
Going through the discussions here, I am quite intrigued by the impressions of Crimson. The secret sauce is still not revealed which is really amusing. But I really don’t care about what those drivers are and how many of them. I mean, Ragnar has 2 DD drivers and a bass lover would simply put it away, so that’s that.

Can someone please help me with a Crimson and Singularity comparison? I know both of them have their own strength and people who own really enjoying them a lot. Just need two cents before I pull the trigger on any of them.
I can try to provide some.

Crimson has a U-shaped tuning, and Singularity has a more L-shaped tuning.

Both sets have fantastic bass. The bass sounds more prominent in the frequency response for the Singularity, but it still somehow sounds balanced. A remarkable feat no doubt.

It's no secret that both sets have great bass, but they differ in how they achieve it.

The Singularity bass is bouncier, and has a longer decay. It has a very organic quality to it as well.
The Crimson bass has a more defined transient edge, is faster, and is tighter.
Both sets have good texturing. I think Crimson's bass has more of an authoritative slam when it engages but I could see people thinking it goes the other way.

Singularity and Crimson both have somewhat warmer mids. Crimson has better midrange resolution and better resolution overall, while I think Singularity has a better timbre. Singularity's mids are smooth, lush, and organic.

Both sets have well-extended treble responses. The Crimson's is more boosted in comparison. There's a peak somewhere in the Crimson's treble that can make it sound a little sizzly/tizzy on some chains. I've corrected this with ear tips. The end result is a decent treble response with good air.

Singularity's treble is smoother in comparison and is perceptibly free of any peaks. I'd consider it a safer treble response overall.

From a technicalities standpoint, Crimson is superior. It is noticeably more resolving and has a significantly larger soundstage. Its imaging is standout and I think it's slightly more dynamic as well. Singularity's techs are decent but not class-leading for its price.

Why pick Singularity then? I think there are still some reasons. I think Singularity is more musical, and it's the kind of set that you can put on, kick back, and listen to all day. It's the kind of set that makes me forget I'm listening to IEMs and puts the focus on the music. It's wonderfully coherent.

They're both great sets. It's hard to go wrong with Crimson or Singularity. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• graph (28).png
    graph (28).png
    233.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #242 of 445
Thanks a lot for this detailed comparison. That makes me more confused though. But yes, a technically more capable iem is what I looking for. I can live with few ups and downs but not technicality. So your impressions are really helpful.
The Singularity bass is bouncier, and has a longer decay. It has a very organic quality to it as well.
The Crimson bass has a more defined transient edge, is faster, and is tighter.
Both sets have good texturing. I think Crimson's bass has more of an authoritative slam when it engages but I could see people thinking it goes the other way.
Okay we have decoded it now, Crimson does not have a DD driver. 😬 If bass is really this good on Crimson who needs a DD driver.

From a technicalities standpoint, Crimson is superior. It is noticeably more resolving and has a significantly larger soundstage. Its imaging is standout and I think it's slightly more dynamic as well. Singularity's techs are decent but not class-leading for its price.
Technicalities- Resolution, soundstage, imaging - these are surely deciding factors for me. I need these in my iems. Thanks again for emphasising these.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #243 of 445
Going through the discussions here, I am quite intrigued by the impressions of Crimson. The secret sauce is still not revealed which is really amusing. But I really don’t care about what those drivers are and how many of them. I mean, Ragnar has 2 DD drivers and a bass lover would simply put it away, so that’s that.

Can someone please help me with a Crimson and Singularity comparison? I know both of them have their own strength and people who own really enjoying them a lot. Just need two cents before I pull the trigger on any of them.
Go for Crimson!

Oct 6, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #244 of 445
For those who've tried the Crimson: does it still have the fit issues that are often mentioned with the Helios?
I assume they improved the ergonomics since I haven't seen many people mentioning a poor fit, and from pictures it looks like it might be a bit smaller and have a shorter nozzle than the Helios.
I'm probably going to buy one when they become available around here in the near future, as I'm looking for a sub-bass-focused IEM that has good details, and I think the Crimson will check a lot of the right boxes for me.

As for the driver controversy, I don't care that much myself, because if it sounds good then it sounds good, and multiple knowledgeable people have said that it is competitive with IEMs in the same price range and/or above. Coupled with the generally good reception of the Helios, I feel it's quite a safe bet.
Of course it's human curiosity to want to know what something is made of, and wanting to feel like you're getting a good deal because an IEM is made of a gazillion parts or has expensive EST drivers in it, etc., and it's also the current industry standard to reveal and exhibit the technical minutiae of your products, so I think that Symphonium would do well to be completely clear in what their intentions are regarding the driver configuration so people know what the deal is, or to stay quiet completely.

Anything in between, such as vague comments, are likely to be poorly received and/or misunderstood.

Oct 6, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #245 of 445
For those who've tried the Crimson: does it still have the fit issues that are often mentioned with the Helios?
I assume they improved the ergonomics since I haven't seen many people mentioning a poor fit, and from pictures it looks like it might be a bit smaller and have a shorter nozzle than the Helios.
I'm probably going to buy one when they become available around here in the near future, as I'm looking for a sub-bass-focused IEM that has good details, and I think the Crimson will check a lot of the right boxes for me.

As for the driver controversy, I don't care that much myself, because if it sounds good then it sounds good, and multiple knowledgeable people have said that it is competitive with IEMs in the same price range and/or above. Coupled with the generally good reception of the Helios, I feel it's quite a safe bet.
Of course it's human curiosity to want to know what something is made of, and wanting to feel like you're getting a good deal because an IEM is made of a gazillion parts or has expensive EST drivers in it, etc., and it's also the current industry standard to reveal and exhibit the technical minutiae of your products, so I think that Symphonium would do well to be completely clear in what their intentions are regarding the driver configuration so people know what the deal is, or to stay quiet completely.

Anything in between, such as vague comments, are likely to be poorly received and/or misunderstood.
The Crimson fit is much improved from the original Helios. The shells and nozzles are identical to the Symphonium x Elise Audio Helios SE as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #246 of 445

Have been using it for the past few weeks, no fit issues. Can wear it for hours without any discomfort. The shell is smaller compared to Helios.

Oct 6, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #247 of 445
The Crimson fit is much improved from the original Helios. The shells and nozzles are identical to the Symphonium x Elise Audio Helios SE as far as I can tell.
Glad to hear it. There is a picture on the Elise Audio website that shows the difference between the Helios and the SE version.
If the Crimson is largely the same as the latter, then it definitely doesn't retain that Etymotic tri-flange kind of ear violation.

Image for reference:

heliosse-4.jpg

Oct 6, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #248 of 445
If the Crimson is largely the same as the latter, then it definitely doesn't retain that Etymotic tri-flange kind of ear violation.
It definitely does not retain the Etymotic-like ear violation. In addition to the insertion depth, I had an issue with the original Helios where the weight of the inserted Helios was uncomfortably distributed to the outer shells instead of the IEM resting in my ear. The Helios SE and Crimson shells and nozzles alleviate this issue.

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #249 of 445
Talk about terrible marketing decissions... This thread is just hilarious. A company hiding the driver configuration that they use and their community manager mocking and atacking potential buyers cause they wanted to know basic information about the product.

I guess the consumers got the right to know what they are buying. It's not cool at all to spend 1500$ on a surprise piñata IEM...

Hope they have learned the lesson. Hiding information isn't good for a company. Experiments are meant for the lab, not the consumers :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #250 of 445
Talk about terrible marketing decissions... This thread is just hilarious. A company hiding the driver configuration that they use and their community manager mocking and atacking potential buyers cause they wanted to know basic information about the product.

I guess the consumers got the right to know what they are buying. It's not cool at all to spend 1500$ on a surprise piñata IEM...

Hope they have learned the lesson. Hiding information isn't good for a company. Experiments are meant to for the lab, not the consumers :wink:

Where were the attacks and mocking?

Oct 7, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #251 of 445
Where were the attacks and mocking?
You've already asked that question before, look through the thread.
There are plenty of replies form one particular rep with quite patronizing undertone.
The only adult response was provided by Mr. @Chang from Subtonic here, which is really appreciated, things could be received differently if Symphonium started with that message instead of playing charades "why do you want to know, what difference does it make, it's not driver count it's how it sounds", etc.
Well, too bad, I will look the other way for my next upgrade.

Oct 7, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #252 of 445
You've already asked that question before, look through the thread.
There are plenty of replies form one particular rep with quite patronizing undertone.
The only adult response was provided by Mr. @Chang from Subtonic here, which is really appreciated, things could be received differently if Symphonium started with that message instead of playing charades "why do you want to know, what difference does it make, it's not driver count it's how it sounds", etc.
Well, too bad, I will look the other way for my next upgrade.

Indeed I have. It wasn't answered the first time either.

You've also mentioned that you have no interest in being a customer and yet you are still here in this thread.

Oct 7, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #253 of 445
Indeed I have. It wasn't answered the first time either.

You've also mentioned that you have no interest in being a customer and yet you are still here in this thread.
Are you trying to play internet advocate for the vendor and thread police at the same time?
I can post what and where I want, don't like it, you know what to do, Ignore function works for everyone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back