Sydney meet 20/10
Sep 30, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #121 of 188
Add the TakeT H2 to my list of gear. Is anyone planning on bringing a big speaker amp that can put out 80Vpp? I'm keen to try them without the TR2 (loud).

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #123 of 188
As I mentioned previously, I may have some important guests to attend to on that day. But (a big BUT), if I can somehow make it, the below plan is what I have:

I will have a modded, balanced K340 (bass-heavy variant) to bring to the meet. If time permits, which is probably not likely, I will have a modded, balanced K601 to bring to the meet as well.

On the amps, I have been asked to bring along the Creek OBH-21 amp as well so I shall oblige. I am still considering whether to bring any of my portable amps (Microshar uAMP107 & Meier Corda Move) to the meet.

Cheers!

Oct 2, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #125 of 188
Looks good guys
smily_headphones1.gif
has someone booked the room?

Oct 5, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #126 of 188
Alright semi urgent issues seem to be arising re: room hire.

I've made some calls this morning, UNSW is less than feasible. Roundhouse won't open up on weekends, so thats ruled out. CATS rooms will charge $280 for booking minimum 4 hours, so thats a little too dear I believe.

One UNSW semi viable option is the library study rooms. Room 301 (I think it was 301A from memory in the phone call) could hold a number of us, but the lady I spoke to said 15 people would push feasibility. It's free there, but max 2hours booking per student (so 2 of us could easily get 4hours side by side). Just not too sure about the logistics of fitting all of us in there with gear etc. I'm at work at the moment, so can't really check first hand.

Ultimo Community Centre - not viable, they were saying that a meeting like ours would need public liability stuff of $10,000,000. Sorry guys but I think the entrance fee would be a bit high to cover that
biggrin.gif

Glebe library Benledi Meeting Room
$40 an hour. If we have 4hours, 10 people or more, it'll whittle down to around $15 a head. Location isn't particularly prime however (Google maps -> 186 Glebe Point Rd).

I'd love to offer my company meeting room, but my boss would likely fire me
biggrin.gif
. Kind of need that dosh to fund this hobby though
wink.gif

Currently the library looks like best bet to me, but if someone could quickly check the size of the room that would be ideal. Also not too sure about how many power supplies there are there. Daisy chaining power splitters might be dangerous? (not sure I'm not very electrically minded).

If any other ideas pop up, the date is nearing so throw it out there!

Oct 5, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #127 of 188
checkout the first sydney unsw meet, it was held in the libary in that room.

It would fit ~10 people easy, as for power we just brought a few power boards to get everyone's gear running

Oct 5, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #128 of 188
Ok sounds like library is the way to go then. Hows 12-4 sound (or longer)?

I'm not definite that I can book over the phone, but i'll give it a try. Someone will have to get the other 2 hours (and more people will have to consecutively book after if we want more than 4 hours).

Oct 5, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #129 of 188
I'd go longer than 12-4, if you consider set up and pack up times - this really leaves very little listening time - especially for 10-15 people. I think we need pretty much a full day, 10-4 or so. I'm a student, so I can do one of the bookings, just let me know how/where.

Oct 5, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #130 of 188
No worries. I just booked 10-12 for Saturday 20th October.

Please call this number 9385 2650 (its the Library number) and just tell them that you would like to book the (big) study room 301-B on that date. If UNSW students could make the bookings (2hrs max each) and post back here that'd be great thanks.

So we 3 UNSWers to book 12-2, 2-4, and maybe 4-6 as well. Or more depending how much demo-ing we end up doing
biggrin.gif

The rooms currently devoid of bookings bar mine, but just in case, better rush :p.

Pretty pumped about this! Only gear i've heard is what I own
frown.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #131 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by sum1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Guys,
Count me in as well. I should be able to make it at 20/10.
Unfortunately i did not have any decent cans to bring (only ksc75) but i can sure bring a laptop to the meet if that is alright

Sure that'd be good actually. Wanted to do a comparo against the ksc75s i've been mucking around with during lunch at work :p. Housed in a mdr-v150 with damping + cotton and removed the shield thing that you drill in the kramer mod.

Don't quite remember what stock sounds like but these sound fairly nice and aren't leaky for my workmates' sanity.

Oct 6, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #132 of 188
Bah so early! I finish work on Saturday morning at about 10AM heh. I'm a UNSW student and i'll try booking one of the time slots even if I can't attend.

My DT770pro/80 just arrived from the US
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #135 of 188
Don't you just get public liability insurance for the day? I don't think it's too expensive...How much did they want for the day?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yobs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright semi urgent issues seem to be arising re: room hire.

I've made some calls this morning, UNSW is less than feasible. Roundhouse won't open up on weekends, so thats ruled out. CATS rooms will charge $280 for booking minimum 4 hours, so thats a little too dear I believe.

One UNSW semi viable option is the library study rooms. Room 301 (I think it was 301A from memory in the phone call) could hold a number of us, but the lady I spoke to said 15 people would push feasibility. It's free there, but max 2hours booking per student (so 2 of us could easily get 4hours side by side). Just not too sure about the logistics of fitting all of us in there with gear etc. I'm at work at the moment, so can't really check first hand.

Ultimo Community Centre - not viable, they were saying that a meeting like ours would need public liability stuff of $10,000,000. Sorry guys but I think the entrance fee would be a bit high to cover that
biggrin.gif

Glebe library Benledi Meeting Room
$40 an hour. If we have 4hours, 10 people or more, it'll whittle down to around $15 a head. Location isn't particularly prime however (Google maps -> 186 Glebe Point Rd).

I'd love to offer my company meeting room, but my boss would likely fire me
biggrin.gif
. Kind of need that dosh to fund this hobby though
wink.gif

Currently the library looks like best bet to me, but if someone could quickly check the size of the room that would be ideal. Also not too sure about how many power supplies there are there. Daisy chaining power splitters might be dangerous? (not sure I'm not very electrically minded).

If any other ideas pop up, the date is nearing so throw it out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back