Sydney (Australia) meet on Sunday December 19, 2010
Nov 29, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #62 of 98
[size=10pt]This is great! I’m just starting out in Audio/Head-Fi and we have a meet in Sydney! If I can negotiate a pass-out from the powers-that-be (I have a 6 month old at home!) I’d love to come along ... room for 1 more??[/size]

[size=10pt]I can bring:[/size]
[size=10pt]C/A DACMagic[/size]
[size=10pt]Schiit Audio Asgard[/size]
[size=10pt]A/T ATH-AD700[/size]

[size=10pt]My only source is my work desktop PC, so I’d be very grateful if I could share with someone else ... also, am I right in thinking we bring everything we need to interconnect and power our own equipment and a power board for the wall socket?[/size]
[size=10pt]Fingers crossed for seeing you all on the 19th 
smily_headphones1.gif
[/size][size=10pt]... and many thanks to Currawong for organising and Vincents for the venue [/size][size=10pt]J[/size]
[size=10pt]Rysiek[/size]

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #63 of 98
woo hoo! pass-out granted   
etysmile.gif
   99% chance i'll be there ...

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #64 of 98
I'm easy on the start time, it depends on vincents and what is ok for him and his office.  I'm not sure what time I'll be able to make it there by as I have my family to consider.

Nov 30, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #66 of 98
I reckon Currawong and vincents need to firm up the times as they are the key players here.

I'm bringing a lead and a crappy powerboard unless we're told we don't need one.

Is anyone bringing a cdp?  Should I bring one as backup?  I won't need it but others might...I'll probably bring a portable just in case.

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #67 of 98
Guys - Hi

I think 10:30 is the earliest we should start  - traffic should be ok but unless I get my morning coffee and then set up time my audio karma may not be the best !!

cheers Vincent

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #68 of 98
Hi Vincent.

I think it's fantastic that we can start a little earlier...before the city gets too busy.  I would feel more at ease, for whatever reason, unloading equipment when the city is quieter - and it is at its quietest on a Sunday morning.

I have a pair of LCD2s I can bring - the more the merrier.

The Reference 7 DAC is a PITA to move around but I can bring that.  I also just placed an order for the Phoenix amplifier...this will be there if I am lucky enough to receive it before the day, otherwise the Black Cube Linear will suffice.

I have a few other gear but I won't be bringing them as my car has very limited space.  So the Bryston DAC will miss out - it would be a shame though - the Reference 7 is $1200 cheaper than the Bryston...it would have been nice to have the both there so others can compare. 

I'll also bring the Fostex T50s - a true giant slayer of headphones.

Lets bring it on!

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #70 of 98
vincent: Since you have so generously offered space, I reckon the start (and finish) times should be your call, so I reckon 10:30 is the go.

SP Wild: I implore you to bring the Ref 7/Phoenix combo if you can, as I hope people get a chance to sample this great combo.

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #71 of 98
I'm hoping that the Phoenix will arrive in time, I would love for members to be able to hear for themselves some of the fanstastic value that can be had.  I'll try and bring the Bryston ($3200) along to connect up to the Phoenix balanced.  Then we can do quick ABs against the Reference 7 using CAST.  I'll bring my the D7000 as well, Denons flagship that sells in Australia for $2400.

Dec 7, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #72 of 98
Good stuff.  I'll be bringing the Symphones Magnums, so people who think that Grados don't have a wide soundstage will be in for a shock. 
eek.gif

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #74 of 98

Quote:
Good stuff.  I'll be bringing the Symphones Magnums, so people who think that Grados don't have a wide soundstage will be in for a shock. 
eek.gif

Awesome I really wanted to see why these things are so talked about  :)

Just got my HRT Music Streamer II today with Chord Crimson Plus RCA Cable and AudioQuest Cinnamon USB cable   :)

Edit: to correct typo.

Dec 11, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #75 of 98
Hi all!  newbie here, really curious about the LCD2, audio gd dacs etc. Can I join the meeting? I can bring the Onkyo nds1 if anyone is interested. I also got a Cambridge 840C but it's a bit heavy to carry with though. 
Thx!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back