Sydney (Australia) meet on Sunday December 19, 2010
Oct 15, 2010 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 98
I'm arriving in Sydney (on my way to Canberra) on December 19, nice and early in the morning.  Is anyone interested in my bringing some headphones with me for a meet of some sort? Or even just a few people meeting up for lunch or dinner or something?  I'll have my wife and child with me, so that might have to be taken into account, though I will be renting a car, so I can go anywhere within reason.

I'll be in Australia for three weeks and might be heading to Melbourne around Christmas for a few days too.

Update: vincents has kindly offered us some office space in Circular Quay for us at the end of Pitt St, just before the Marriot. Parking is available for $15 flat rate.

Quote:
The address is Level 6, 2 Bulletin Place Sydney - it is very near the cirq quay end of Pitt St (if you walk down Pitt St from cirq quay and get to the Marriott Hotel you have gone 5 metres too far).

[...]

best entrance is near the after hours glass door adjacent to the large revolving glass doors

Contact phone no for access if no-one is on the door : 8264 2488

The "no parking" are out front means you can stop and unload there legally

Street parking or parking in the Opera House car park would be my recommendation

RSVPs (tentative):
jjinh (possibly)
Hero Kid 
superjohny
qusp 
SP Wild
angle_sh00ter
rehabitat
navii
xplict_concept
ramos
jamvanman
mtan002
juzmister
truehobbyist

Here are the some of the rig lists:

Myself:
MacBook Pro

Audio-gd NFB-11

Symphones Magnums

Audeze LCD-2s + exotic cables.

Misc. optical and coax digital cables and some ICs.

superjohny: (if someone can give him a lift maybe)

Some or other serious balanced amp.

Audio-gd Reference 8

vincents:

iDecco

Centrance Dacport

MingDa 34b

SP Wild:

Everything and the kitchen sink?

jamvanman:

Senn HD 650s

Grado RS-1

iMod

RSA Protector.

mtan002:

Audio-gd DAC19DF

juzmister:

Modded Melos Sha Gold

Grado HP-2s and HF-2s

Northstar M192

Oct 16, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #2 of 98
So you're coming back to our shores for the festive season!

I'll be on leave by then so I'm not sure whether I'll be in Sydney or not (incidentally I also might be in Melbourne around Christmas - Boxing Day test).

Oct 17, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #3 of 98
Ironically, I don't like the shopping season, as before I get annoyed at all the advertising, then during Xmas week, it's impossible to do anything useful. This year I might actually be doing the family thing, as I have relatives in Melbourne.  I thought I might see if it isn't possible to meet up with a few Head-fiers while I'm in Australia, as it will be the only chance I'll have for a long time.

Oct 17, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #5 of 98
I saw the pictures of the early snow.  I've driven from Sydney to Canberra before when it had snowed unexpectedly around the mountains, and it was amusing seeing the "carpark" of cars that had panic-braked and gone off the road.

Oct 17, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #6 of 98
Depending if I get a job or not, I'd be interested.
I live near Bega on the south coast so Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne are all much of a muchness for me
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #11 of 98
crappy timing for me, much as I hate the whole Xmas thing myself, I usually get suckered into doing something and  flights would be hella expensive and filled with Xmas travelers
frown.gif
bah humbug and all that. in case you are wondering Currawong, I traditionally tru to make it down for the sydney meets, even if it means spending the meet in the closet haha had to be there. pity because I reckon would be a cool meet. 

Oct 17, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #12 of 98
If there were enough people interested in going to Canberra, I'll have an empty house there I can use (and Canberra is dry, even if it can be hot). However, I don't imagine many people will be that enthusiastic to go there.  It would also have to be the weekend after the new year, a couple of days before I'm leaving.

Oct 17, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #13 of 98
Quote:
If there were enough people interested in going to Canberra, I'll have an empty house there I can use (and Canberra is dry, even if it can be hot). However, I don't imagine many people will be that enthusiastic to go there.  It would also have to be the weekend after the new year, a couple of days before I'm leaving.

The 2010 Sydney meet was held in the Blue Mountains to a full house. Canberra isnt that much further. I suppose it's just the timing.

wink says he interested... you've already got enough equipment for a full meet!

Oct 18, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #15 of 98
i dun mind a meet.

but taking rigs out is a big problem, ref8 is so big and heavy and i was just about to take the trigger on rudistor rp010b mkii, which is another 14KG monster....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back