Sydney (Australia) meet on Sunday December 19, 2010
Oct 18, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #16 of 98
superjohny: I'm biased, but I'd say get the Phoenix over the Rudistor -- better value.

Anyhow, if people were up for it, even just a small number, my house is big, though I'm not yet sure what in the way of tables will be available yet, and there is parking for 3 cars on the driveway alone and two more in the garage.  I also had extra sockets on a separate fuse installed for heaters, so it's a great location, if you don't mind the drive.  The only problem is that the house will be open for inspection (I'm selling it) but there's enough space we could always use the downstairs room for one day without it being a problem.  The other thing we could do is I could ask a local high-end hi-fi store run by friends of mine if they are up for hosting a meet. 

Oct 18, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #18 of 98
Sundays are out for me,
Sorry, didn't notice in my enthusiasm for a meet.
But if someone like Jjinh were going, and had the room in his car, I could loan him the gear for the meet if held in Sydney.
As far as Canberra goes, I could possibly make a Saturday trip with some of my gear.

Oct 18, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #19 of 98
Quote:
i dun mind a meet.

but taking rigs out is a big problem, ref8 is so big and heavy and i was just about to take the trigger on rudistor rp010b mkii, which is another 14KG monster....

14kg is simply lightweight compared to wink's 'mongrel'. You can break your back carrying that thing.

Quote:
Sundays are out for me,
Sorry, didn't notice in my enthusiasm for a meet.
But if someone like Jjinh were going, and had the room in his car, I could loan him the gear for the meet if held in Sydney.
As far as Canberra goes, I could possibly make a Saturday trip with some of my gear.

If I'm going and you can't make it, no problem.

Oct 22, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #23 of 98
It'd pretty much be December 19 in Sydney, with someone else organising a location etc, or January 8, possibly at my house in Canberra, or I might be able to arrange a meet at a local Hi-fi store, which might be a better venue in some respects.

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #24 of 98
I think Sydney will be more successful as more Head-Fiers live there. I've also decided that I will do everything I can to be there (at either one). 
I talked to my girlfriend last night and we're thinking we might make a weekend out of the visit. I'm keen beans
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #25 of 98
Sydney would require that someone else organise a location etc, as I am unable to do so.

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #26 of 98
Hi

I can supply a Sydney CBD office location for the 19th.  20 persons is probably ok – just need to know how many linear metres of desk space we need.  

I can supply the tea, coffee, some wine, etc and there is a dishwasher for the all important clean up !  

Office is at Circular Quay in CBD – close to train, ferry parking, etc. Building is very quiet.  I will be away on hols till the evening of the 18th so set up will have to be on the 19th though gear can be delivered on the afternoon of the 17th if that helps.

Cheers  - Vincent

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #27 of 98
Quote:
Hi

I can supply a Sydney CBD office location for the 19th.  20 persons is probably ok – just need to know how many linear metres of desk space we need.  

I can supply the tea, coffee, some wine, etc and there is a dishwasher for the all important clean up !  

Office is at Circular Quay in CBD – close to train, ferry parking, etc. Building is very quiet.  I will be away on hols till the evening of the 18th so set up will have to be on the 19th though gear can be delivered on the afternoon of the 17th if that helps.

Cheers  - Vincent

I imagine the parking fees would be exorbitant... is this venue free of cost?

I dont image many people would want to carry a combination of a source, amp, headphones, cables, etc on public transport.

Oct 28, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #28 of 98
HI Parking is available in meters outside or in nearby carparks for $15 fat rate on Sundays.  There is a laneway behind the building which it is easy to load/unload from as well as a no parking zone at the front door (ie you can stop and load/unload into the secure building foyer) . Hope this helps.  Vincent

Nov 2, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #30 of 98
I'm up for it.  Circular quay sounds grand.  We can saunter over to the Lowenbrau Kellar for a feast afterwards :wink:   mmmmm.......Pork Knuckle and Hefeweizen!

If my wife let's me ditch the family and take the car (that's a big IF), I may be able to pick up some peeps on the way down from Wini.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back