Suspicion arising from transaction (resolved)
Feb 16, 2010 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

kite7

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm going to keep things as short as I can. I believe every buyer has the right to be suspicious of a seller due to even a slight lack of communication.

I bought an item from someone here on February 6th after he sent my pictures of the item with his name written next to it on a tag and provided ebay feedback. I see that the location on his ebay and paypal information match so I went for the buy.

He says he shipped them a day after I sent the payment but he never provided the tracking number. It was discussed that the shipping would be priority mail so I know for a fact tracking was available with that option. I've sent two PMs, both asking for the tracking number. He simply chose to ignore them since I've seen he's been on head-fi daily. At this point, I'm getting suspicious by his actions. Ignoring messages is not something I take lightly, and it does not require much time to make a response for a simple request. I'm planning to give it until the end of this week for anything to arrive before I open a dispute. It's not so much that the item may be taking a little longer to arrive, it's his reluctance on answering my PMs that been bothering me.

Your thoughts?

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 53
I think you have to pay an extra $.95 or something like that to get a tracking #. He may not had paid the extra for the tracking. With that being said, he should respond to your emails.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 53
It's possible that he forgot to get tracking, or that he lost the tracking number. I ship a lot of things using USPS Shipping Assistant, and when you print off the label you get a half sheet with tracking info on it. I've lost that half sheet once or twice in my life, and once you lose it you can't get the tracking info back once it's sent. Who knows what the issue is with this guy but he should definitely communicate with you.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #6 of 53
I am having a similar situation, where I haven't received any confirmation of the shipping of an item purchased although it was paid promptly through paypal. A couple of pm's and e-mails but no response.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #7 of 53
One thing to note though, there is no tracking numbers for international orders through usps.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #8 of 53
That's why communication between the parties involved is important. Not just at the time of sale, but all the way through.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #9 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingStyles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing to note though, there is no tracking numbers for international orders through usps.

This is false, I bought something almost a month ago and the seller shipped using USPS Priority International Mail and provided me a tracking number.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #10 of 53
Funny, I tried to ship something today to france with usps priority and they told me that I couldnt get a tracking number.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #11 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingStyles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny, I tried to ship something today to france with usps priority and they told me that I couldnt get a tracking number.

It may be dependent on where you are shipping to I guess? I'm in Canada and I am 100% sure a tracking number is provided using USPS Priority International Mail from past transactions.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #12 of 53
USPS tracking is ok but not totally reliable (domestic). I've had a couple instances where the tracking number stayed invalid, even after I recieved the package.

I don't think you get any delivery confirmation on international packages, but I could be wrong.

I always thought that the tracking number stopped at the border.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #13 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USPS tracking is ok but not totally reliable (domestic). I've had a couple instances where the tracking number stayed invalid, even after I recieved the package.

I don't think you get any delivery confirmation on international packages, but I could be wrong.

I always thought that the tracking number stopped at the border.

From every past transaction, I receive a USPS Priority tracking number that works on both USPS.com and Canadapost.ca .

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #14 of 53
Standard USPS Delivery Confirmation is within US only.

USPS Priority International has another type of Delivery Confirmation tracking available only on non flat-rate packages.

Info: USPS - Priority Mail International

It is possible to get international tracking, at a price and not on flat-rate so it can easily be a considerably more expensive option depending on parcel weight.

As for ignoring messages, that is just rude.

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #15 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It may be dependent on where you are shipping to I guess? I'm in Canada and I am 100% sure a tracking number is provided using USPS Priority International Mail from past transactions.

I've also had senders insist on tracking numbers to Australia and USPS has provided tracking here.

Sorry to read about the lack of communication you are experiencing - I agree that communcations should continue throughout the entire process and although there may be time delays from the other side of the world at times or due to personal circs, if they're on HeadFi then you'd think they'd at least acknowledge your PMs, even if they do have trouble providing the tracking info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back