Suspicion arising from transaction (resolved)
Feb 17, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #31 of 53
Is it time for the monthly "everyone post their international shipping myths and misconceptions" thread already?
rolleyes.gif

USPS Priority International has tracking by default, unless you're using the small flat rate box or envelope. If you want to see what this tracking covers, look here.

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #32 of 53
So I finally got a response and apparently he received many PMs but didn't see mine? He also says he's been busy lately and that I'm supposed to get a tracking number tomorrow but I'll see.

My order from Nuforce through Amazon has already arrived in my city today, and that was shipped out on 12th also using USPS Priority. Both packages were shipped from California and he said shipped his on the 6th though I have yet to receive any proof. Not sure why there would be a week's delay.

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #34 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if it all comes good in the end who cares right?

Fingers crossed it arrives and everything is cool.

The thing is I don't know if it's coming, not yet at least. If and when it does come, I'll probably stay away from this seller due to this experience. Communication is crucial in a transaction, if any side feels uneasy then it is not a good experience. Call me a hard head but I don't buy excuses that easily.

Feb 17, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #35 of 53
I agree, and also agree that if staying away from this seller in the future will make you happier then you should do that.

Perhaps I'm optimistic as I can't ever recall getting screwed over via an online transaction, but ultimately, whatever else happens, if it does turn up, and it is as described and your happy with the goods then thats the main thing.

Provided of course that does happen.

Feb 17, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #36 of 53
Sometimes the seller is just lazy to provide anything and feels confident the item will arrive regardless. Not very customer service friendly but i know there are people like that since i've ran into a few via ebay. I'd usually just not buy from them again and move on. Nonetheless if the item doesn't arrive, with reason paypal will always side with you and get the problem taken care of. In the end all you have to lose is time.

Feb 18, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #37 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes the seller is just lazy to provide anything and feels confident the item will arrive regardless. Not very customer service friendly but i know there are people like that since i've ran into a few via ebay. I'd usually just not buy from them again and move on. Nonetheless if the item doesn't arrive, with reason paypal will always side with you and get the problem taken care of. In the end all you have to lose is time.

Yea, but this isn't fleaBay; I say that when it's feedback time be as honest as possible about how the lack of communication made you feel, even while acknowledging that you are totally satisfied with the gear itself, hopefully that will be the case anyways
popcorn.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #38 of 53
So the package came at last, only for me to find out it wasn't shipped using Priority like he stated in our PMs as shipping only cost less than $3 from what I see on the package. Maybe that was why he was reluctant on giving me a tracking number when there was nothing. Thanks guys for your input, now it's time to leave feedback for the seller.

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #40 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USPS has something called a "Custom's Number." Its basically the label that you sign and fill out when you send any international package (even firstclass mail). The customs number will tell you when you send the package to the post office, when it gets to the customs office, and when it leaves. Aside from that nothing else -that's the reason why it's not really a tracking number. Tracking numbers give you day to day details (well usually day to day, sometimes USPS doesn't really have their act altogether) of your package including when it gets dropped off, when it leaves the post office, when its in the carrier's hands, whenever it lands in a new city etc... Regular firstclass and even priority mail do not come with any actual tracking numbers for USPS. Expressmail on the other hand does because it is actually done through FEDEX (but usually your spending close to fedex costs to send express mail so just use either fedex or ups for your peace of mind).

If you ever ship anything internationally, check your receipt from usps and there should be a "Label #" underneath the itemized bill. Use that at usps.com and that's the closest you can get to an international tracking number from usps.

This is accurate. USPS will not provide tracking, just a customs number.

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #41 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it time for the monthly "everyone post their international shipping myths and misconceptions" thread already?
rolleyes.gif

USPS Priority International has tracking by default, unless you're using the small flat rate box or envelope. If you want to see what this tracking covers, look here.

Every international package from US has a customs number, which is a de facto tracking number. That number is on the green customs form required for even first class international, and it is also on your receipt. International priority is a stone cold ripoff, as both international first class and priority are 6-10 days, and there is no "priority" over basic first class. Just sounds good on paper. I just sent a package to a fellow HFer in Spain, and it arrived in 4 business days. Cost was $7 (small package), and it had a "tracking" number, which is the customs number.

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #42 of 53
Contrast:
USPS - Track & Confirm

vs

USPS - Track & Confirm

vs

USPS - Track & Confirm

That's 1st class vs Priority vs Express.

The small customs form, used on 1st class, Priority Mail Flat-Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Boxes, is not tracked. You may occasionally get an acceptance scan, depending on how you ship (drop-box vs retail counter). And that's about it.

I can tell you from talking to my recipient that they did receive the 1st package on the 16th; neither Canadapost nor USPS shows anything at all.

So before you go spouting off about international shipping, try getting a clue from people who do so on a weekly basis. Then perhaps you won't sound like an ignorant fool.

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #43 of 53
Wow, tough crowd here today.

kite7, I'm anticipating your feedback post so I know who not to deal with in the future.

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #44 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, tough crowd here today.

kite7, I'm anticipating your feedback post so I know who not to deal with in the future.

Done!

In my experience Priority has always been faster than first class mail. These are my waiting times for two packages this month.

Both from California to Canada

First Class Mail :
Shipped on the 6th, arrived on the 17th

Priority Mail :
Shipped on the 12th, expected delivery on the 18th.

Feb 18, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #45 of 53
Maybe so, but I think Canada, for whatever reason, is slower for some reason. How to explain 4 days' delivery to Spain using just first class international? First class and Priority have the same "tracking" system, the customs number. I never ship Express International, so no experience there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back