Surprise TDK MT-300: $4.97 of AWESOME...
May 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #346 of 371
May 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #347 of 371
May 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #348 of 371
^ for me the 300 is a sidegrade to the 101s at best. The 300's treble is very lacking but mids are ok with great quantity of sub/mid bass. The treble of the 300s is overly tamed and dry sounding while the 101s are overly bright and harsh. For me the 300s are pretty dark cuz the bass masks a lot of the rest of the sonic spectrum in a not good kinda way. I would say the sound of the 300s is very similar to the mee m9s and is a upgrade if you have those.

The Sony mh1cs would be a total and complete upgrade for the 101s. The mh1cs sound much more refined than both the 300s and 101s in all aspects. The only thing the 300s have over the mh1cs is bigger/ deeper sub bass but the bass quality is much much better on the Sony's and quantity is about the same.

May 21, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #349 of 371
@KEP1

I noticed that they were different after I posted.  I'm surmising that the MC300's are a downgrade.

Quote:
^ for me the 300 is a sidegrade to the 101s at best. The 300's treble is very lacking but mids are ok with great quantity of sub/mid bass. The treble of the 300s is overly tamed and dry sounding while the 101s are overly bright and harsh. For me the 300s are pretty dark cuz the bass masks a lot of the rest of the sonic spectrum in a not good kinda way. I would say the sound of the 300s is very similar to the mee m9s and is a upgrade if you have those.

The Sony mh1cs would be a total and complete upgrade for the 101s. The mh1cs sound much more refined than both the 300s and 101s in all aspects. The only thing the 300s have over the mh1cs is bigger/ deeper sub bass but the bass quality is much much better on the Sony's and quantity is about the same.

Thanks for the response.  Doesn't look like Amazon has the MH1Cs.  Little scared about fakes on ebay and other sites.  What about the Vsonic GR02 BE's or Brainwavz "M" series?  They seem to be well liked.  

May 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #350 of 371
Quote:
Thanks for the response.  Doesn't look like Amazon has the MH1Cs.  Little scared about fakes on ebay and other sites.

Be afraid of the cable as well. Very afraid!
redface.gif

May 22, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #353 of 371
Quote:
Thanks for the response.  Doesn't look like Amazon has the MH1Cs.  Little scared about fakes on ebay and other sites.  What about the Vsonic GR02 BE's or Brainwavz "M" series?  They seem to be well liked.  

MH1C's don't have fakes AFAIK.
Due to various complications, the MH1C's were sold off as bulk instead of being sold with Sony (Ericsson) cellphones.

Well, these MT300 are warm and dark. But they do have nice ringing mids, if that's what you like. Not so much in the upper mids though. While the MH1C is technically superior, there's quite a lot of both bass and treble going on. Personally, they give me headaches. Most frustrating, as many pointed out, is probably the J-cable.

All in all I'd say I still go for the MT300 more than the MH1C. When you don't seal them in completely, there's a bit more treble and less bass. That said, many of us that used MT300's used them with MH1C tips.

I do find the TDK TH-EC250 a step up from the MT300, specially if you're looking away from the bass type. Not sure if they're anywhere near available in the West though... and the cables are even thinner than that of the MT300 hah.

May 22, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #354 of 371
Quote:
MH1C's don't have fakes AFAIK.
Due to various complications, the MH1C's were sold off as bulk instead of being sold with Sony (Ericsson) cellphones.

Well, these MT300 are warm and dark. But they do have nice ringing mids, if that's what you like. Not so much in the upper mids though. While the MH1C is technically superior, there's quite a lot of both bass and treble going on. Personally, they give me headaches. Most frustrating, as many pointed out, is probably the J-cable.

All in all I'd say I still go for the MT300 more than the MH1C. When you don't seal them in completely, there's a bit more treble and less bass. That said, many of us that used MT300's used them with MH1C tips.

I do find the TDK TH-EC250 a step up from the MT300, specially if you're looking away from the bass type. Not sure if they're anywhere near available in the West though... and the cables are even thinner than that of the MT300 hah.

Thanks for the response.  I worked out a deal with Mr. Sfwalcer last night and the MH1C's should be on their way to my house soon.  I think I'll be happy if they are half as good as the reviews say they are.  

Dreading the cable.  Maybe it won't be "that" bad though. 

May 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #355 of 371
Quote:
Thanks for the response.  I worked out a deal with Mr. Sfwalcer last night and the MH1C's should be on their way to my house soon.  I think I'll be happy if they are half as good as the reviews say they are.  

Just get a mouth guard so that when you are grinding your teeth with frustration, at least you won't be damaging them
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #356 of 371
Quote:

Flat J cables was a pretty dreadful idea I must say. Either the other would have been fine! but both! :b

May 23, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #357 of 371
May 31, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #359 of 371
I know interest has died down around these 'phones because pricing has gone up and availability has gone down, BUT

If anyone in the Greater Vancouver area wants a pair I got a spare you can have for free if you come pick them up from me in Surrey.  Just shoot me a PM.  Just the headset, no tips (which sucked anyways).

Jun 1, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #360 of 371
Quote:
I know interest has died down around these 'phones because pricing has gone up and availability has gone down, BUT

If anyone in the Greater Vancouver area wants a pair I got a spare you can have for free if you come pick them up from me in Surrey.  Just shoot me a PM.  Just the headset, no tips (which sucked anyways).

check PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back