Surprise TDK MT-300: $4.97 of AWESOME...
Feb 27, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #316 of 371
Quote:
Wayne's gonna go BALLISTIC be careful !
ph34r.gif

LMAO, i have longgggg pacified that beast. Guess who sent me those MT-300s in the 1st place.
wink_face.gif
The beast has been weeping quietly in his dark corner of head-fi for some time now since he caught wind of what i was about to post. But just to be safe i am gonna tame it some mo' with this lovely fiddle playing.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #317 of 371
sfwalcer those were pretty much my exact findings, nice work!!

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #318 of 371
No accounting for bad taste! (whether that be mine, or the rest of the world's lol)

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #319 of 371
Quote:
http://www.shopxscargo.com/product_catalogue/cat_product_details.asp?category_id=6&product_code=35367&sub_category_1_id=18&category=Headphones

They're $6.98 currently. Cheapest since $4.97

Thanks, you must be the only person who checks that link more often than I do!  Got a couple spares.

I still think the MT-300 is an outstanding IEM deal at $4.97, still a superb 9.5/10 value at $6.98, and a definite "buy" at $9.99.   At $20+ on fleabay and amazon US... not so much.  I feel at $20-$30 there is indeed a lot of great competition, including the MH1C, which to be fair has an MSRP of $80, and now has a going rate of over $40 on th'Bay.

eg. I had a lot of fun in my Citroen DS4 rental car last week, but it was no Porsche Boxster, and certainly no Aston  (psst... the MH1C is the Boxster)

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #321 of 371
Quote:

Thanks, you must be the only person who checks that link more often than I do!  Got a couple spares.

I still think the MT-300 is an outstanding IEM deal at $4.97, still a superb 9.5/10 value at $6.98, and a definite "buy" at $9.99.   At $20+ on fleabay and amazon US... not so much.  I feel at $20-$30 there is indeed a lot of great competition, including the MH1C, which to be fair has an MSRP of $80, and now has a going rate of over $40 on th'Bay.

eg. I had a lot of fun in my Citroen DS4 rental car last week, but it was no Porsche Boxster, and certainly no Aston  (psst... the MH1C is the Boxster)

Lol, I check three or four times a day 
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #322 of 371
Just picked up a pair for $6.98 + tax, a great little sounding IEM once you get them to fit. I put the big tips on and got a good seal with quite a bit of bass. I just love these cheap Amazing finds!
beerchug.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #323 of 371
Good to hear TrollDragon! Just watch your back for the Master Troll lol !

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #325 of 371
Oh gawd the master troll moved over here.

Must. flame. sfwalcer.

(generally agree though. Looking at other IEMs as the MT300 has that horribad treble and the driver flex like no tomorrow)

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #326 of 371
Quote:
Oh gawd the master troll moved over here.

Must. flame. sfwalcer.

(generally agree though. Looking at other IEMs as the MT300 has that horribad treble and the driver flex like no tomorrow)

Have we met?
confused_face(1).gif
HA!

I never experienced driver flex with these MT-300s esp with the MH1Cs tip, it seals great in fact. Double HA! 
tongue.gif

No wonder it has been so calm in that thread of mine, this along with my thread seems to be the ideal places where you lovely Canadians goes on vacate. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #327 of 371
Cmon dudes! Horribad treble? Harsh.. And driver flex? I've never experienced it with the mt300's (R1's definitely). I guess I just got a magical pair :)

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #328 of 371
Quote:
Have we met?
confused_face(1).gif
HA!

I never experienced driver flex with these MT-300s esp with the MH1Cs tip, it seals great in fact. Double HA! 
tongue.gif

No wonder it has been so calm in that thread of mine, this along with my thread seems to be the ideal places where you lovely Canadians goes on vacate. 
biggrin.gif

Need I bring out the dusty clown gifs...?

MH1C would explain it. I ran out so Hybrids only. So annoying and loud. 

Quote:
Cmon dudes! Horribad treble? Harsh.. And driver flex? I've never experienced it with the mt300's (R1's definitely). I guess I just got a magical pair :)

Yep horribad treble. Didn't really care because of the godly bass but it is what it is.
Maybe the ceramics will have less horribad and more horrigood.

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #329 of 371
Quote:

Forget those bandwagon jumpers WAYNE, i got yo' back on this. Nah it's not "Horribad" they trippin'.................................... it's just meh. LoL

Yeppp, never experienced driver flex on these as well, maybe i just got a half magical broken pair.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #330 of 371
I agree that the treble is just meh. I didn't expect this much from a five dollar IEM though 
biggrin.gif
. Overall, I would say I like the sound signature and they're perfect for what i use them for which is work (they take a lot of abuse). Comfort-wise? They're one of the most comfortable i've owned and i've even used their tips for other IEMs. I don't get driver flex as well unless I push them in real deep. I don't have to since I get a good seal with shallow insertion. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back