Surprise TDK MT-300: $4.97 of AWESOME...
Feb 28, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #331 of 371
i'm tellin ya if you want this sig with more highs and a "better" fuller sound hit up the TDK  EB-750. Entirely different housing though. There's a thread in here you can see at least what they look like, but who cares about looks. It's the sound.  can find em cheap also.

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #333 of 371
Anyone tried these?  TDK Clef-P
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633102/budget-iems-review-panasonic-rp-hje355-posted-18-february-2013#post_8805439

They have Bass, Vocal and Live editions.  Vocal edition (relatively mid forward) probably suits me best but the Bass (self-explanatory) and Live (V-shaped FR) editions are also interesting alternatives and you know exactly what kind of sound sig you'll be getting.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 28, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #334 of 371
it's an interesting lineup those ones. Thanks for reminding us again. And great link also!
I'm curious about the LIVE versions there.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #335 of 371
When I was in Chi-Town last month, ericp10 let me have a listen to the weirdo MA600s.  I think my initial reaction was they were smooooooth.  Also looks like it has a little fan to blow air into your ear. :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646162/tdk-ma600-info-impression-and-appreciation-thread

Looks like they also go by "CLEF-MA".

As for the MT300... watch for measurements of them some day in the future...
wink_face.gif

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #336 of 371
just picked up a pair of the TDK MT-300 from XS Cargo for $7.33 and have to say they are one hell of a deal. I have owned a lot of cheapy IEM's and most sound and feel... well to be honest, CHEAP. But these are not that badly built and sound damn good. They easily sound better than any cheapy IEM I have tried and sound as good as several IEM's I have owned that are 10-15 times the price.

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #337 of 371
 Glad to hear you like them so far
beerchug.gif

Stock tips for me aren't all that great but otherwise a fun little iem and hard to beat at that price. Might swing by again and grab a spare since i keep giving my extra ones away.
Thanks for the reminder.

Apr 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #338 of 371
Apr 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #339 of 371
Apr 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #340 of 371
Thanks Wayne for the other one. It's interesting to rapidly swap between the two windows and compare.

I don't think there is a bottom to the bass.

Apr 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #341 of 371
Quote:
Thanks Wayne for the other one. It's interesting to rapidly swap between the two windows and compare.

I don't think there is a bottom to the bass.

No. And according to the graph, there is no bottom to the bass! I'm surprised that they produced the graph for the mt300's actually. Do they have them for the EB750's?

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #342 of 371
not that I see, I would have to send my pair to Tyll for testing :) but I haven't managed to find a cheap spare yet. You got the last one it seems from that local seller. grrrrrr

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #343 of 371
Quote:
Measurements of these up at Innerfidelity now.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/TDKMT300.pdf

Just got a chance to look at these really closely.  The TDK is really not bad at all for a ~$10 IEM.
Wayne was comparing with the GR07BE, but I think the GR07 has a much flatter bass response right up to 1k.

I also looked at it compared to the MH1C.  As our ears already told us, the MH1C is much smoother in the treble and highs, but the overall profile is similar, with heavy bass emphasis and flatter mids and highs.  Look at the square wave and impulse response... the MH1C is as good as some of the top-tier stuff, like the SE535!

Recently I've been using my SE215s a lot (been on a lot of airplanes), and I came to think that its profile is also quite similar to the MT-300, with a little less bass boost.  Tyll's measurements confirm this.  In fact, I was surprised at how similar they measure in almost all the plots.  Check them out.  Bass response is almost identical, the SE215 has a bit more mids and highs, but they have similar tuning at 5k and 10k.  The MT300 does have that suck-out at 3k that a lot of us have picked up on.  But look at the other measurements - impedance response, square wave, impulse... they're all very similar!  That's a $100 IEM vs a ~$20...  But, I have to say the Shures do have $80 worth of isolation awesomeness and some of the best tips out there.

Lately I've been into audio books, the MT300 is awesome for audio books, try this IEM with some audio books!  heh, j/k.  Audio books always sound like crap...

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #344 of 371
I always knew the 300's rock!

May 9, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #345 of 371
Hey guys,

Can anyone confirm if the Vancouver store actually has these?

I popped by earlier, online stock said they had 18, in store I did not see them anywhere. I asked an employee and he said they don't have any, after he said he looked in the back but I don't think he really did, and lastly he said actually he had stocked them on the shelf and they must have been stolen.

I was pretty psyched about getting a pair of these. Richmond is out of stock also. If a GVA'er has a extra pair I wouldn't mind buy it off you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back