Surprise TDK MT-300: $4.97 of AWESOME...
Jan 31, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #286 of 371
Quote:

Come on, they're not that bad, but then again, they won't it into my rotation much either.
basshead.gif

lol. yeah. They aren't bad. I promise. But I'm not using them much.
And since it was given to me, I don''t mind passing them on to another.
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #287 of 371
Quote:
Who in the US wants an mt300?
free of charge.

Wait, really??? Id love to take them! Senior year has killing my wallet so I haven't been able to afford a new pair of iems to replace my broken Philips.. Even the cheapos are a big stretch for me..

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #288 of 371
Quote:
Wait, really??? Id love to take them! Senior year has killing my wallet so I haven't been able to afford a new pair of iems to replace my broken Philips.. Even the cheapos are a big stretch for me..

I hope you are the recipient of atomikn00b's generosity! They are great iem's - you'll really like them.

OT, I see you have a SGS+vodoo sound. I just got a Tab2 which also has the excellent Wolfon W1811 chip. The audio sounds awesome right out of the stock player, but do you think getting vodoo sound going on it might be worth the trouble?

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #290 of 371
Quote:

I hope you are the recipient of atomikn00b's generosity! They are great iem's - you'll really like them.

OT, I see you have a SGS+vodoo sound. I just got a Tab2 which also has the excellent Wolfon W1811 chip. The audio sounds awesome right out of the stock player, but do you think getting vodoo sound going on it might be worth the trouble?

Yeah at least for me I saw a good difference with voodoo sound. I love using my phone as my main media player. You might want to install a custom rom that already supports voodoo sound since it's a faster process. I find custom roms to run better than stock anyways so in the end I definitely think it's worth it! Just remember to back up all of your data first.

Check this thread out if you haven't seen it yet. It talks about the SGS and the Wolfon Chip with Voodoo.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/535770/samsung-galaxy-s-sound-quality/180

Feb 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #291 of 371
Really thinking about trying these to see what all the fuss is about.

Damn you head-fi for owning my wallet lol

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #292 of 371
Btw, where the hell did you find them for $5?

The cheapest I can find is $24.99 on eBay. 
frown.gif

Feb 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #293 of 371
Btw, where the hell did you find them for $5?

The cheapest I can find is $24.99 on eBay. 
frown.gif

Lol Ur right no more $5 they may have to change the thread title

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #294 of 371
Heads up, guys! These babies might go back on sale. I just checked the stock online and they are through the roof. In Ontario especially. I'm excited.
My first pair broke and I had to sell my other pair to my girlfriend's aunt. She said they were terrific IEMs and worth much more than what she paid me for which was $5. 

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #295 of 371
Here's the link to check for price drops:
http://www.shopxscargo.com/product_catalogue/cat_product_details.asp?category_id=6&product_code=35367&sub_category_1_id=19&category=Headphones

So I got the similarly named MC300 just to compare:

You can see the port on the back in that pic which may be responsible for its sound.  These also have a nice, all-metal construction with a quality feel and the same cable as the MT300.  However, sound-wise they are extra-boosted in the bass, while still having great extension into the sub-bass.  Definite basshead IEMs.  Almost boomy, but with proper fit and maybe some burn-in, they seem to have tamed a bit.  Mids have some colour to them from some bass bleed, but otherwise are flat with the treble.  There is no roll-off in the treble, just lots of bass.  Lots.  Even more XB500-like then the MT300.  Worth checking out if you're an XB fan.

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #298 of 371
Hey inline, have you given the EB-750's a whirl?
wink.gif
  Mine are supposed to be delivered by Friday
smile.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #299 of 371
Yes but I'm waiting for nick n to start the thread.  I think he's been too busy listening to them...

So I've considered that maybe this thread is what is preventing the TDKs from going back down to $4.97.  XSCargo seems well stocked, but are keeping them at $9.99.  Still a price our American friends are jealous of!

Feb 14, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #300 of 371
That's the trouble with this place, the word neeeeeeeds to be spread, but that increases the demand and ruins sale prices.
I did after all that though get a spare or two at the $10 price because I thought they would not be around my location ever again, I didn't even blink an eye at doing so.  I did leave 1 in stock at the time though, couldn't ruin someone's life by taking the last one.

I understand if the impressions mess with your mind they do with mine :)Had to be done though. I'm sure you and Wayne ( ahem mystery guest "Mr.W" ) will get in there and expose me for a fraud :) or at least an audiophool, I can live with that.
popcorn.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651094/surprise-tdk-eb-750-6-99-of-better-awesome-w-special-guest-tdk-ie-500-ceramic-housing
Maybe it will make me cry and in a fit of emotional trauma ban myself from here.  It'd do my finances a favour. ( boy that word is eeeerily similar to fiance isn't it, just noticed that after all this time. Has to be a connection, now what would that be...hmmm )

For those that do not know, there is a contender in town. If you like the MT-300, and need or would enjoy a bit more top end to "complete you"
 and YES at another disgustingly cheap price, try the TDK EB-750

Not sure how it works for linking sellers, heck I have no clue who they are anyhow ( I mean personally ) Wait until we get asked, which we will :)

Once again Inline, I blame you.
ph34r.gif
  Wayne you are just as much an enabler as Inline.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back