Sure you can buy the Bugatti.......errrrrr........Ultrasone 10's. Or you could.............
Oct 7, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #16 of 19

Quote:
 That price seems rediculous without such a serious investment in R+D that it eclipses the years of work Sennheiser has put into the HD-800's for $1350 less money. The HD-800's are already called pretty rediculous in price even though at least they have the performance and significantly advanced technology to back it up. These just seem like business as usual with expensive leather parts and a pretty average stand.   

Does nobody understand the cost is due to materials and lack of production of only 2010 copies being made. ?????
If Sennheiser only made 2010 copies of the HD 800 I guarantee they would cost way more than the Ultrasone ED 10
If Ultrasone ED 10 was going to be mass produced and Ultrasone's top headphone for years it would cost less.

And its not a item for mass consumption its a luxury item.
Really though if you just divide it cost wise for 365 days some people spend more on cigarettes,coffee,eating lunch etc... each day.
If someone wanted to treat themselves to sometime really nice its really not that insane to buy.Sure it might not be worth the money but what is usually?

At least some of the money of the cost is spent on materials instead of being cheap.

Oct 7, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #19 of 19

Quote:
I think the point of this thread BTW is that the Ultrasone 10's are crazy expensive, and we want someone to justify it for us. I myself can offer no such justification.   

I seriously doubt any Bugatti owners are looking for, or need, any justification for their purchase.  The same goes for (or ought to go for) future ed-10 owners.  IF someone needs a justification for buying the ed-10, then maybe that person should just look elsewhere or forget the whole audiophile thing altogether.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back