Suppliers of quality cases needed
Feb 24, 2006 at 1:52 PM Post #46 of 54
Phew am I the only one having difficulties with audiokit.it? Repeated e-mails to them, no replies, they never answer the phone! They were fine a couple of years back but this lack of service is just disgraceful.

Feb 24, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #47 of 54
Mike...I bought a case from them a few months ago and they were excellent. Maybe they've all gone to the olympics
icon10.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #50 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armitage
I'd keep trying. I e-mailed them last week on a Saturday night to ask about shipping to the US and they responded the next day. I was very impressed.

How much does it cost to ship to the US (are prices per unit weight?)?

Feb 24, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #52 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
How much does it cost to ship to the US (are prices per unit weight?)?

It's kind of complicated. Shipments under 2 kilos can go at a cheaper rate, after that costs seem to really jump up. The confusing thing is that the site only lists net weight, not shipping weight. But they quoted the GX287 GalaxyMax cabinet, with shipping and cc fees, at 30 euros, which I thought was pretty darn good. Now I just need to confirm it will fit a Millet Hybrid without having to expose the tubes.

The price broke down like this: Quote:

Yes, we can ship by registration mail, cabinet cost at 19,90 + 9,50 shipment cost = 29,40 euro + 2,5% credit card rate = 30,00 euro Total

Feb 24, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #53 of 54
Quote:

It's kind of complicated. Shipments under 2 kilos can go at a cheaper rate, after that costs seem to really jump up. The confusing thing is that the site only lists net weight, not shipping weight. But they quoted the GX287 GalaxyMax cabinet, with shipping and cc fees, at 30 euros, which I thought was pretty darn good.

Anything under two kilos can be sent as a registered letter, which makes it cheaper. Heavier items has to be sent by an insured package service which explains the serious jump in prices. The reason for not stating a weight for shipping is probably that you can't really do it accurately. If you order 5 enclosures the weigh of packaging materials per cabinet will be smaller than if you only order one, so it's pointless anyway.

Quote:

Now I just need to confirm it will fit a Millet Hybrid without having to expose the tubes.

It will. Edit: Just...

/U.

Feb 24, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #54 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisbeth
It will. Edit: Just...

/U.

Sweetness! But now I'm thirty Euros poorer.

I wonder what that is in American?

Edited: Hey, looks like it's under $36 bucks. Double sweetness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back