Superlux HA3D Headphone amplifier
Oct 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #17 of 24

Apparently it is portable (runs in batteries)

the article at headphonia is very flattering.

summarized specs:
  1. 3 headphone outputs each one with volume control, 3 6.5 mm and on 3.5 in parallel with the first6.5 mm one.
  2. takes 2 AA batteries, or direct AC power.
  3. not sure how much weight.
  4. read the headphonia article lol

i'd gladly give it a try but cant find where to buy.

I have one.
Bought it from Thomann.de here is the link:
http://www.thomann.de/nl/superlux_ha3d.htm
I find that it is a very decent headphone amp,powers my HD800,Akg 701,and my Ultrazone DJ1 all at the same time,great for when I have late night visitors and we want to listen to music a bit loud.
Only minus I found was that when you turn the volume down then,just before ''0''the left channel turns of before the right.At normal listening level,the balance is fine.

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #18 of 24
Yea Ive got one now too. They pop up on eBay fairly often though most of the time they are over priced. I havent experienced the issue you mentioned when turning the volume low and one channel shuts off before the other, but I havent paid close enough attention either. Ill have to check that out.

Apr 13, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #19 of 24
I got one too. not much use, but ill put it to use again with the hd800 and ifi's idsd.  Oh, one main issue with this thing is, it goes through the battery really quick. But when plugged, it is a decent sounding amp with decent sound stage

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #21 of 24
I've been using HA3D for a while (until selling it not so long ago) with Q701, K601, K612 PRO, HD600 and few others. It has a lot of power and can drive three high impedance headphones all plugged at once very good. The only thing that i wasn't satisfied was the bass. It felt a little bit uncontrolled. Also when you were turning down the volume, at the ultra low listening volume level you could hear the sound was panned on right channel - not really anything you could worry about but shouldn't be like that i suppose.

But yes, the low end is a definitely the weakest point of that sturdy amp and to be honest that was the reason why i sold it.

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #22 of 24
  Yea Ive got one now too. They pop up on eBay fairly often though most of the time they are over priced. I havent experienced the issue you mentioned when turning the volume low and one channel shuts off before the other, but I havent paid close enough attention either. Ill have to check that out.

Hi Ben . did you check?

Aug 3, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #23 of 24

summarized specs:

1. 3 headphone outputs each one with volume control, 3 6.5 mm and on 3.5 in parallel with the first6.5 mm one.

I have one of these that I use as a monitor while doing live classical recordings.

summarized specs:

I have one of these which I use on location classical recordings. It is ideal for the times I need to provide multiple headphone monitoring for producers or during playback. I grabbed it because of the, more than reasonable, Price of $120. It was purchased at 8th Street Music, a Superlux dealer; https://8thstreet.com/Product/Get/65116/superlux-ha3d-pro-3-channel-stereo-headphone-amplifier. The size is perfect for this application. Easy to throw in your kit, and the sound is very neutral, providing a fairly accurate representation of what's being recorded. I was surprised at how easily it powered 3 sets of phones on 2 AA batts. A very versatile unit and seems to be similar to a unit by Sound Devices (HX-3) selling for over $400.

summarized specs:

Aug 3, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #24 of 24
I've been using HA3D for a while (until selling it not so long ago) with Q701, K601, K612 PRO, HD600 and few others. It has a lot of power and can drive three high impedance headphones all plugged at once very good. The only thing that i wasn't satisfied was the bass. It felt a little bit uncontrolled. Also when you were turning down the volume, at the ultra low listening volume level you could hear the sound was panned on right channel - not really anything you could worry about but shouldn't be like that i suppose.

But yes, the low end is a definitely the weakest point of that sturdy amp and to be honest that was the reason why i sold it.
I believe the bass response is more due to the actual headphones and not the unit itself. As for the volume control not tracking evenly as the gain is reduced, it may be due to a bad volume pot. Try all three controls to see if it does it universally. Also make sure your connections are solid. So far, I've not experienced this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back