Superlux HA3D Headphone amplifier

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by jamesmcprogger, Dec 26, 2010.
Page 1 of 2
Next

Last
  1. JamesMcProgger
    5211651574_2b3fc00a5a.jpg

Apparently it is portable (runs in batteries)

the article at headphonia is very flattering.

summarized specs:
    1. 3 headphone outputs each one with volume control, 3 6.5 mm and on 3.5 in parallel with the first6.5 mm one.
    2. takes 2 AA batteries, or direct AC power.
    3. not sure how much weight.
    4. read the headphonia article lol

i'd gladly give it a try but cant find where to buy.

2. zyzyx

Quote:

lol, I just happened to read that same review an hour after you and was hoping to find a source. It definitely seems somewhat intriguing, at least at a reasonable price.

3. JamesMcProgger

Quote:

but all that review says is "bellow 100$" for that it'll be a heck of a price, i think.

besides, i've heard nothing but good things about superlux headphones

4. zyzyx

Quote:

Yes, well I'm somewhat skeptical about that price, given some of the European prices that came up in my google search. Nevertheless, I optimistically sent "Ray" at Superlux US an inquiring email.

ed: Received a very prompt reply from Ray. Apparently the US importer isn't currently bringing these into the country. Ray advised them of interest in the product.

5. JamesMcProgger
    hey thanks!, yeah that was prompt.
    i guess we'll have to wait then. or maybe some euro fellow hifier has one and care to share his/her thoughts

6. JamesMcProgger
    [​IMG]

some one must know where to buy or have tried this.

7. zyzyx

Quote:

99 pounds + shipping from the UK. Not such a great deal (and supposedly that's reduced from 129).

8. JamesMcProgger

Quote:

Thanks, that is a tip over the 150 $ ... not a low price, unlike their headphones. not sure if i'd be willing to try it now, mostly considering the lack of reviews about it

9. GeorgeGoodman
    I am interested in this amp as well. It has balanced in and I have a DAC with balanced outs, so I could run it half balanced. I would pretty much lose interest at $150, but might try it at $100. I will stay posted.

10. JamesMcProgger
    Just made a search, and still nothing new. not even in their website , lol?

11. a_tumiwa

Quote:
    it is actually Headfonia, not Headphonia who selling stuff

Quote:

it is not a new product, you can find the page here
    http://www.superlux.com.tw/productInfo.do?pdctid=65ccd6f5-cbc1-4b85-a0aa-3aef01daf3ab&pdkid=60781cfe-ef3c-4d10-b93c-a1c24f9a77df&level=2&lv0=1

the price is below US$100 if you buy it in Taiwan

12. JamesMcProgger

Quote:

I meant Avlex website. i wonder if we can get it shipped from hong kong and how much would it be.

13. a_tumiwa
    superlux has distributor in my country Indonesia, they sell for around $89

14. JamesMcProgger

Quote:

lucky you [​IMG]

15. JamesMcProgger
    149 CAD AMP + 27.95 CAD ship.

I dont like the price.

Page 1 of 2
Next

Last