Superlux 668b Earpads
May 17, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #17 of 32

Quote:
Does anyone know it the AKG K601 pads work as well?

Actually the size is right, but those pads have a different mechanism to hold on the cup. I once tried them with K501 pads but those pads are weird, the superlux lost the punch which is something i appreaciate in them. and i have to fix the pads with 3M  double sided adhesive tape...

What I did with my 668b was stuff the pad in the inside with foam, so now its deeper and my ears dont touch the foam in the cup anymore. they are more comfortable now for sure

May 17, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #18 of 32

exactly.
If you ever want the AKG velours (really the best option for the Superlux models), let me know mate. I can order them very easily here and send you them with normal mailbox post. As a matter of fact, going to order a couple of pairs within a few days.

Quote:

Actually the size is right, but those pads have a different mechanism to hold on the cup.

May 17, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #19 of 32
you mean the velour for the k240/270?

because if so, Im in 
biggrin.gif

one can never have too many spare pads 

May 17, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #20 of 32
May 17, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #21 of 32
^ that is, unless someone replies to my WTB topic for a T1 :p

But even then, I eventually order the pads and HD681 there

(sorry for offtopic)

May 26, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #23 of 32
I have bought a pair of Beyer DT990 earpads and fit them onto my Superlux 668B. It fits okay BUT the original tight bass sound totally DISAPPEARS! Now I have a light bass sounding pair of headphones with the imaging pulled a little bit closer. All the sweet balanced sound just disappeared.
Then I switched back to the Superlux stock earpads and everything works fine again. I'm wondering if it's because of the dense material of those stock earpads that give it the nice tight bass sound. With the softer Beyer earpads, it's a lot more comfortable, but it really takes away too much from the sound IMO. 

Do you guys also feel the same way too? or did I do something wrong?

May 26, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #24 of 32
again, take AKG 240/270 pads

May 27, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #25 of 32
i went to my local shop to replace my Beyers with the AKG 240 velour pads. They work great now and the bass has more body to it now! the sound is perfect! Though I still have a problem of ear cartilage hurting after about 1 hr of wearing. It's probably because the earpads are shallow and that my ears get pressed on the earcups. Also, the tight clamping force may be the reason, I'm trying to flex the bands continuously but not too hard (I fear it might snap...:)... any other recommendations? thanks!

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #27 of 32
I know this thread is old, but I saw someone use HiFiMan velour pads on them as well.  

They not only completely changed the sound but the pads were very affordable... VERY affordable.  

May 6, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #28 of 32
I used krazy glue and stuck some ultrasone HF5 pads on there, and they're great. Great sound and soundstage, wonderful tertiary headphone to keep at arm's length when in the other rooms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back