SUPER RARE, NEVER SEEN BEFORE, VINTAGE RS1s !!!! LOTS OF PICTURES!!!
Sep 11, 2012 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

SHAHZADA123

500+ Head-Fier
These are supposed to be one of the VERY FIRST RUN of 200 RS1s.
What VINTAGE CATEGORY would these fit into...

BROWN HEADBAND

PINK DRIVERS

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 20
A picture of the 3 RS1s I have 

VINTAGE B

RS1i

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #3 of 20
Those look cool! Just curious, do you notice differences in sound between them and the other two?

Sep 12, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 20
After listening for about 6 hrs, the only discernible difference was that these unknown vintage RS1s have a slightty less energetic treble, which makes them sound a tad smoother than the other two.
Very subtle but discernible.

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #5 of 20
Anybody out there know anything about these....

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #6 of 20
Have seen them, recently sold through Ebay, was doubting if they are true original, but the guy who were selling supose to be, or was, a Grado delear, I believe.

Anyway, why dont you ask Grado Labs?

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:
Have seen them, recently sold through Ebay, was doubting if they are true original, but the guy who were selling supose to be, or was, a Grado delear, I believe.

Anyway, why dont you ask Grado Labs?

These are those & they do sound original
Yes, I'll ask the guys at Grado.
Thanks

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:
Anybody out there know anything about these....

I remember when they were listed and there was a brief discussion on their 'originality' in the Grado Fab Club.
If i recall, the two major doubts were 1) the sellers strangely worded claim to be a Grado 'dealer' and 2) the fact that the gimbal rods were round.
The consensus was that the earliest models should have square rods.
Let us know if you inquire about them with Grado.

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #10 of 20
I remember when they were listed and there was a brief discussion on their 'originality' in the Grado Fab Club.
If i recall, the two major doubts were 1) the sellers strangely worded claim to be a Grado 'dealer' and 2) the fact that the gimbal rods were round.
The consensus was that the earliest models should have square rods.
Let us know if you inquire about them with Grado.

I had my doubts too seeing the round rods but am glad I took the chance.
The sound is awesome and pretty much same as my vintage RS1s.

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:
After listening for about 6 hrs, the only discernible difference was that these unknown vintage RS1s have a slightty less energetic treble, which makes them sound a tad smoother than the other two.
Very subtle but discernible.

What happened to the headband on your vintage B pair?  And your description of the sound difference matches my experiences.

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #13 of 20
the original rods might have been swapped for round at some point in their life...

Or if they're 1st gen they might have been round from the start, since the square rods need different blocks with slightly larger holes they would have had to make or modify the mold.

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:
What happened to the headband on your vintage B pair?  And your description of the sound difference matches my experiences.

It's just a little worn out. True vintage
wink_face.gif

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Or if they're 1st gen they might have been round from the start, since the square rods need different blocks with slightly larger holes they would have had to make or modify the mold.

The seller said that he was a Grado 'rep' and these pair were from the very first run of 200 RS1s.
So I guess they might have made the ones with the square rods in the following runs.
Am awaiting a reply from Grado on these...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back