Super NES, those were the days
Jan 28, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #16 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by familyman
final fantasy III and chrono trigger are the best rpgs for any system that was out back then... beleive me, i played so many it was dumb..
biggrin.gif

Chrono Trigger and (I believe) Final Fantasy III are both available for the PS1. Those would be MUCH cheaper than the original cartridges.

EDIT: It's actually called "Final Fantasy Chronicles" and it comes with Chrono Trigger and FFIV, not III.

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #17 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Senn20
Chrono Trigger and (I believe) Final Fantasy III are both available for the PS1. Those would be MUCH cheaper than the original cartridges.

But it's more fun when you're playing them on the snes. I've been replaying chrono trigger on my psp and it just isn't the same.
frown.gif

Edit: Also, any SNES game with SUPER in front of them were among my favorite snes games...like super punch-out.
cool.gif

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #18 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by ej82m
But it's more fun when you're playing them on the snes. I've been replaying chrono trigger on my psp and it just isn't the same.
frown.gif

Edit: Also, any SNES game with SUPER in front of them were among my favorite snes games...like super punch-out.
cool.gif

The only difference should be that you're playing on a more comfortable controller and you get extra CGI cut scenes.

BTW I wasn't aware that there was a PSP version as I was referring to the PS1 version.

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #20 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by x1lexure

So my question is, do any of you head-fiers have an idea of an online shop for SNES games?

I know it's not an online suggestion, but check out some pawn shops...last time I was in one there had to be a dozen various snes games...although the selection admitedly would be random...

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:21 AM Post #21 of 52
Ah, the SNES - IMHO it produced so many titles I'm still fond of, and still play via ZSNES, including one rare prototype ROM of Starfox 2
biggrin.gif

But anyway, since I now run emulators exclusively aside from my modded Slim PS2 (which was SO worth the upgrade from the regular model), I have no need for my old console, which means I may try to put my copies of Final Fantasy III and Super Metroid up for sale on eBay or Craigslist soon. Should I?

Also, Kdaq, might you happen to know if there's a USB adaptor that would work with a Dualshock 2 controller, or perhaps the elusive WaveBird?

580smile.gif
Abe

Jan 28, 2006 at 2:35 PM Post #22 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Also, Kdaq, might you happen to know if there's a USB adaptor that would work with a Dualshock 2 controller, or perhaps the elusive WaveBird?

Poke around that liksang site - they have adapters for everything. There's definitely a PS2 controller adapter, dunno bout the wavebird (but that would be awesome).

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #24 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddball
Anyone have experience with these "professionally cleaned and tested" systems?

http://www.oldschoolgamer.ca/sales.aspx

I've been wanting a SNES for years now, and the one-stop shopping aspect is intriguing.

$52 US for a guaranteed game system, cartridge, and controller. Might be something to think about. Course the problem is getting the good carts, that'll cost you usually. My brother has our old SNES system with carts. We've got Chrono Trigger, FFIII, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Legend of Gaia, Starfox, and Gawd knows how many other great games. Ohhh the memories.

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #25 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
I never owned one but I played plenty of NBA Jam on my friend's -- Boom shacka-lacka! Loved it!

Oh man, NBA Jam was awesome!

I never owned a SNES, though: my videogame evolution: NES -> Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) -> Mega CD (what a flop) -> Playstation -> Playstation 2.

The defining moments in my gaming career:

NES: Double Dragon II, Super Mario Bros 3 and Zelda
Mega Drive (Genesis): FIFA international soccer (the first one of the series), Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat II
Mega CD: Thunderhawk (the only really good game I ever played on that system).
Playstation: Final Fantasy VII, Grand Turismo II, Metal Gear Solid and Medal of Honor (the first one).
Playstation 2: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Looking forward to the european release of We Love Katamari.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=double+dragon

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #26 of 52
Zelda - Link to the Past and Street Fighter 2!!!!

Jan 29, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #28 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Remember that you have to own the game to have the rom on your computer.

oh please...

edit: Just go download zsnes on zophar.net and if you have access to newsgroups there's a nintendo newsgroup with gigs upon gigs of roms. Have fun!

Personal opinion: I honestly don't see how downloading an emulator for a dead system and downloading roms for games that are no longer produced adversely affects a publisher.

and another thing, if publisher's really want to cash in they should create console-era discs that feature all the games they produced for that system (ie. Konami's SNES collection) and release them for sale...I'd buy it if the price was right and the emulation was dead on.

Jan 29, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #29 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
oh please...

edit: Just go download zsnes on zophar.net and if you have access to newsgroups there's a nintendo newsgroup with gigs upon gigs of roms. Have fun!

Personal opinion: I honestly don't see how downloading an emulator for a dead system and downloading roms for games that are no longer produced adversely affects a publisher.

and another thing, if publisher's really want to cash in they should create console-era discs that feature all the games they produced for that system (ie. Konami's SNES collection) and release them for sale...I'd buy it if the price was right and the emulation was dead on.

Well technically, if the Revolution is as advertised...
Personally, I'm waiting on the Revolution, or I just buy a reissue of the games, like the ones for GBA or Playstation.

Jan 29, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #30 of 52
If you have a flea market local I would check that out. I saw a ton today...3 for $10. What I was really looking for is the Super Scope, the lady said she sold one last week for $20 NIB
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back