Super NES, those were the days
Jan 30, 2006 at 1:22 PM Post #47 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
Well technically, if the Revolution is as advertised...
Personally, I'm waiting on the Revolution, or I just buy a reissue of the games, like the ones for GBA or Playstation.

So the revolution is gonna have a nes, snes, n64 cart slot? Or are they gonna release all these games on
dvd's? I'm assuming the Revolution is using dvd's eh?

Jan 30, 2006 at 1:24 PM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisets
HOLY CRAP!!!! Last night I downloaded a Sega Genesis emulator and Road Rash III, and that game STILL KICKS ASS!!!!!! That game has to be the single greatest video game I have ever played! Oh man, the memories it brought back...

Gotta go play more Road Rash!!!!

I always hated road rash for some reason. I played it a lot, but I still hated it.

Jan 30, 2006 at 1:42 PM Post #49 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
So the revolution is gonna have a nes, snes, n64 cart slot? Or are they gonna release all these games on

Speculation suggests that if the Revolution indeed makes Nintendo's entire catalog of games available, I imagine it will be through broadband internet access, aside from Gamecube titles, which could potentially be played on the system- they are the same size specification as 8cm CD/DVD discs. If the Revoloution sported a 20GB hard drive like the Xbox 360 can, it wouldn't be too hard to imagine just how many, many games could be stored on the system. Of course, even at that point I'd rather run an emulator because it's free.

580smile.gif
Abe

Jan 30, 2006 at 2:18 PM Post #50 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfy
Oh man, NBA Jam was awesome!

I never owned a SNES, though: my videogame evolution: NES -> Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) -> Mega CD (what a flop) -> Playstation -> Playstation 2.

The defining moments in my gaming career:

NES: Double Dragon II, Super Mario Bros 3 and Zelda
Mega Drive (Genesis): FIFA international soccer (the first one of the series), Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat II
Mega CD: Thunderhawk (the only really good game I ever played on that system).
Playstation: Final Fantasy VII, Grand Turismo II, Metal Gear Solid and Medal of Honor (the first one).
Playstation 2: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Looking forward to the european release of We Love Katamari.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=double+dragon

YOU'RE ON FIRE!!!!!!! couldn't help myself
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #51 of 52
i had sorta the same expiercence my friend and I found his N64 found mario kart and THPS and we were excited we played a few games and turned it off.. i had millions of memories but going back the games are outdated.

but thats n64, i could play tecmo bowl, mike tysons punch out, and contra on the original nintendo the rest of my life.

Jan 30, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #52 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco

I believe that the games will be available via the internet to download onto the Revolution. What I still do not know is how they will handle this. That is, are they going to have access to all the games and have you pay a yearly subscription, or can you pay for individual games and download them or buy a license for your account (like steam). I don't know which one I would prefer myself. If the subscription price is reasonable, like upto $50-$60 (the cost of a modern day game) a year I probably wouldn't mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back