Super NES, those were the days
Jan 27, 2006 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

x1lexure

100+ Head-Fier
Recently I acquired a working SNES, like the one from my childhood, and I've loved playing it. The classic graphics, and yet sometimes complex gameplay (mostly from RPGs of the time) always made me happy as a child, and now that I have the little bugger back I'd love to play it, the problem, as you can imagine, is that the only game I have is Super Mario, a classic game yes, but I've probably played it a few zillion times.

So my question is, do any of you head-fiers have an idea of an online shop for SNES games? Do any national chains have websites that carry classic games like Chrono Trigger, Super Mario the RPG (forgot the name), Zelda: A Link to the past, or Secret of Mana? I loved those games as a kid, and would be thrilled to find them once again. Also, does anyone have any SNES games jsut sitting being unused they'd sell to me? (If requests like this should be saved for the for/sale forum please tell me moderators.)

So, what's your favorite SNES games?

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:21 PM Post #4 of 52
yeah, eBay's your best bet. Also check pawn stores, they often have a bunch of old games. EB stores sometimes have some too. Actually the best place I ever went for second hand games is Berlin - for some reason there's tons of second hand game stores there, with games from the old Ataris all the way to current systems...

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #5 of 52
SNES was pretty sweet. I never owned one but I played plenty of NBA Jam on my friend's -- Boom shacka-lacka! Loved it!

I'm the Pong and Atari VCS/2600 generation. The only console I bought since the original Atari was a used PS1 about six or seven years ago.

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #6 of 52
chrono trigger, earthbound, and final fantasy iii owned me for the longest time. tis a shame you could never find a mint copy for cheap.

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #7 of 52
final fantasy III and chrono trigger are the best rpgs for any system that was out back then... beleive me, i played so many it was dumb..
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #8 of 52
I've been thinking of getting a SNES to play the amazing RPGs available for it, but aren't there problems with the memory failing because of old batteries? Because of the high sticker price and hardware uncertainty, I've bought some of the *** and Chrono Trigger ports to the PSone. Load times are a bother though. I'd love to play the games on their original systems.

Jan 27, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #12 of 52
Got a couple 2nd gen sneses (mini snes), and they work great. My last obsession on it was Final Fantasy II, which I was lucky enough to acquire
smily_headphones1.gif
I've also got Chronotrigger, original box and all....but it ain't leaving my hands for anything less than an Orpheus
icon10.gif

Jan 28, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #15 of 52
My elder brother and I still have our NES with the complete original packaging - works flawlessly.
biggrin.gif
We also still have our SNES with about 15 or so games. Back a few years in high school when I started playing the SNES again I was dying to get a hold of a Final Fantasy III cartridge. I saw it being sold in a game shop for $45 >.< I asked around in school and a classmate of mine remembered he has some SNES cartidges in a box somewhere in a storage building and that he'd check for me. A month later he told me he had the FF III cartridge in his possession. I traded a Game Boy Pokemon Red cartidge (lol) for it. Best. Deal. Ever.
k1000smile.gif

I still want a Chrono Trigger cartidge though!
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back