:sunrise: CanJam SoCal 2016 (March 19-20, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #706 of 1,119
  Nice, looking forward to another CanJam SoCal! I'll be around all Saturday. 

This was one of the first events I attended after we started Massdrop. It'll be good to see the whole so-cal crowd again : ) @bangkokkid @Luckbad @warrenpchi 

Any new surprises from Massdrop Will?
wink_face.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #707 of 1,119
I'll be bringing along a FiiO A1 portable headphone amp which was just released less than a week ago. It might be just the ticket for those of you who need a little bit more power if you are using a phone or iPod device. I'm using it with my iPhone 6 and various headphone and earphone combinations. I'll be there all day Saturday and will be working the registration desk on Sunday morning. I'd be happy to let you try it out with your rig.

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #709 of 1,119
Mar 14, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #710 of 1,119
  Word! This'll be the first CanJam I actually go to. Looking forward to it!

i'm hoping to go next year with my wife. :D

if you get a chance to see a lampizator Big 7 will you please have a listen to it and let me know what you think? I'm trying to find one that I can hear. but anyone's opinion that has heard the M11 would be quite relevant to me. :D

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #711 of 1,119
TSA lines might be that long ; )

LOL, not in GFK, tiny little airport mostly no lines.

Delta says 1 day till I can check-in. :D

Still doesn't add up to me, but whatever. We'll see what it says tomorrow night. When it is actually 1 day till check-in in the real world. :)

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #712 of 1,119
LOL, not in GFK, tiny little airport mostly no lines.

Delta says 1 day till I can check-in.
biggrin.gif

Still doesn't add up to me, but whatever. We'll see what it says tomorrow night. When it is actually 1 day till check-in in the real world.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah not big lines in Louisville either. Can't wait for Friday morning . Haven't been to SoCal since the Navy in 82. I believe this will be a better time ; )

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #713 of 1,119
Yeah not big lines in Louisville either. Can't wait for Friday morning . Haven't been to SoCal since the Navy in 82. I believe this will be a better time ; )

Navy huh? I was in the Navy in the late 80's... story time over beers... :D

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #715 of 1,119
Mar 14, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #716 of 1,119
This trip keeps getting better 
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #717 of 1,119
A quick question for the those who are familiar with the Orange County/LA area.

Since we are flying all the way to the West coat from China, we want to spend a day or two after the show to check out the HeadFi shops in Orange County and LA area, kind of to understand the marketplace and feel the atmosphere of the hobby in a more "regular" tone. Can someone suggest the shops that we should visit? Portable is our primarily concern but any reputable headfi shop will serve the purpose.

Many thanks in advance.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 14, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #719 of 1,119
A quick question for the those who are familiar with the Orange County/LA area.

Since we are flying all the way to the West coat from China, we want to spend a day or two after the show to check out the HeadFi shops in Orange County and LA area, kind of to understand the marketplace and feel the atmosphere of the hobby in a more "regular" tone. Can someone suggest the shops that we should visit? Portable is our primarily concern but any reputable headfi shop will serve the purpose.

Many thanks in advance.

When it comes to shops here in Socal, you pretty much are stuck with something like Best Buy. Off the top of my head, about the only high end audio shop I can think of in the OC is Digital Ear, but its home audio, home theater etc. They are in Irvine.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/digital-ear-irvine

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #720 of 1,119
Hey everyone, so now that I'm finally checking back in here since October, did we ever get the extra time/day for just hanging out? I'd love to show some cool technology I own actually so something like that would be great. 

But anyway, I may also still need a ride to the event, from UCLA approximately, if Gilly87 doesn't respond to me. Thanks!

Also, where do I sign up for that sick CanJam 2016 badge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back